Al Sharpton: I'm black, I can't be racist

I have quite a few white friends and I'm not going to lie and say they all agree with me like some here have. Blacks don't agree with Dave P, they pacify him and just don't waste time talking about serious issues that blacks deal with. I have some white friends I don't discuss serious issues with and when they start talking I'll just agree so that discussion can end because by the second sentence they've said something worthy of getting their teeth knocked out. So you avoid jail time and just nod your head. I generally save myself for when I have to advocate because that's the time to do so. But since this is the race and racism section.....

But as you guys gang up on Essen you need to understand that reading he crap posed here by whites can male a back person hate white people. None of what you say is true. And how many times are we going to discuss how blacks are racists according to racist whites? When do you guys understand that every time you start this shit we have asked you a question none of you haver answered. When have blacks enacted law and policy purposefully done to deny whites pf opportunity? That's what we are talking about when we talk about racism.

You want to create false equivalences saying blacks are as racist as whites but making claims like a black person who tells a white person how much they don't like whites is the same as a white person refusing jobs to blacks. While both these may be racist, the extent to which whites go o express their racism is much greater so to say blacks and whites are equally racist is just untrue and its simply time whites here face that.

I have quite a few white friends and I'm not going to lie and say they all agree with me like some here have. Blacks don't agree with Dave P, they pacify him and just don't waste time talking about serious issues that blacks deal with. I have some white friends I don't discuss serious issues with and when they start talking I'll just agree so that discussion can end because by the second sentence they've said something worthy of getting their teeth knocked out. So you avoid jail time and just nod your head. I generally save myself for when I have to advocate because that's the time to do so. But since this is the race and racism section.....

But as you guys gang up on Essen you need to understand that reading he crap posed here by whites can male a back person hate white people. None of what you say is true. And how many times are we going to discuss how blacks are racists according to racist whites? When do you guys understand that every time you start this shit we have asked you a question none of you haver answered. When have blacks enacted law and policy purposefully done to deny whites pf opportunity? That's what we are talking about when we talk about racism.

You want to create false equivalences saying blacks are as racist as whites but making claims like a black person who tells a white person how much they don't like whites is the same as a white person refusing jobs to blacks. While both these may be racist, the extent to which whites go o express their racism is much greater so to say blacks and whites are equally racist is just untrue and its simply time whites here face that.
In the PAST laws were enacted. Those times are over. None of us whites on these boards enacted anything. We had no control ofer past injustices. No, these laws and polici3s are not still in existence. And when any white mentions any example of black racism, you dismiss it. It does not have to be global or institutional, racism exists amongst all races.

Do you have any black friends you don't discuss serious issues with?

But as you guys gang up on Essen you need to understand that reading he crap posed here by whites can male a back person hate white people.

First of all, "Gang up on Essien"? He's been the only defender here of the "Blacks can't be racist" ideal for the last four days. There has simply been no one else from your camp to debate with.
Secondly, there is nothing any white person can say or do to make a black person hate white people or vice versa. Anger and outrage are natural responses to certain rhetoric or actions but hate is always a personal choice. And hate against an entire race for the words and actions of a few is just taking that choice one step further.
Thirdly, you yourself don't even agree with what he says about black/white friendships. You just said in the first paragraph of this post that you have white friends (albeit ones you occasionally want to part from their teeth) while he's been saying that whites don't have black friends and that those friendships that do exist are "tacky", whatever that means in this context. So one wonders why you are not disagreeing with him.

None of what you say is true. And how many times are we going to discuss how blacks are racists according to racist whites?

What if the white person saying it is not racist?

When do you guys understand that every time you start this shit we have asked you a question none of you haver answered. When have blacks enacted law and policy purposefully done to deny whites pf opportunity? That's what we are talking about when we talk about racism.

First, let's answer your question: Blacks have never enacted laws or policy to purposefully deny whites of opportunity. Now that we have that out of the way, there are no more laws or policies to deny blacks of opportunity. In fact, we now have a number of laws and policies such as the Civil Rights Act, Equality Act and Affirmative Action that specifically grant them equal rights and equal protection under the law and provide for legal penalties for violating them.

A black guy who spits on a white guy because he's white is not a false equivalence to a white guy refusing a job to a black man because he's black.

If reading this message board is enough to make you hate an entire race of people, you were already leaning toward racism. ;)

Hell, if reading something like stormfront were to make you hate an entire race of people, you were already leaning toward racism.

You seem to be talking about systemic racism. That's fine, but when you only say 'racism' you should realize that many are going to be using the common definition of that word.

I don't know how one measures the degree of racism of entire races of people, even just those within the US. Are blacks or whites more or less racist than the other? How does one determine such a thing? Why are we limiting the question to 2 races of people? Why ask the question in the first place, unless it is to attempt to portray one group as better or worse than the other?

If reading this message board is enough to make you hate an entire race of people, you were already leaning toward racism. ;)

Hell, if reading something like stormfront were to make you hate an entire race of people, you were already leaning toward racism.

You seem to be talking about systemic racism. That's fine, but when you only say 'racism' you should realize that many are going to be using the common definition of that word.

I don't know how one measures the degree of racism of entire races of people, even just those within the US. Are blacks or whites more or less racist than the other? How does one determine such a thing? Why are we limiting the question to 2 races of people? Why ask the question in the first place, unless it is to attempt to portray one group as better or worse than the other?
Its simple. He is a racist.

MizMolly

If whites want blacks to stop having so much disdain towards them for UNDERSTANDABLE reasons, then whites have to stop having disdain towards blacks for ILLOGICAL reasons.

Nobody is doing that today and we weren't here when those horrific things happened. You and IM2 constantly make negative comments about whites globally, as if we are one, you dislike whites and stereotype them by their skin color, that is racist[/QUOTE]

If whites want blacks to stop having so much disdain towards them for UNDERSTANDABLE reasons, then whites have to stop having disdain towards blacks for ILLOGICAL reasons.
How is it reasonable for someone to have disdain towards an innocent person for someone elses actions?

How is it reasonable for someone to have disdain towards an innocent person for someone elses actions?
So why don't you talk like that when it comes to white people talking and doing fked up shit about blk ppl ?

Na. U stay quiet. Fk out my face

MizMolly

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Here's how it goes " Hi my name is Paul and I'm a racist". then you do the 12 steps. eventually you will get better. You have already told us how your father lead you to this. Its up to you to get better.

So why don't you talk like that when it comes to white people talking and doing fked up shit about blk ppl ?

Na. U stay quiet. Fk out my face
Maybe if you used proper English, you could get your point across and be taken a little more seriously.

Nobody is doing that today and we weren't here when those horrific things happened. You and IM2 constantly make negative comments about whites globally, as if we are one, you dislike whites and stereotype them by their skin color, that is racist[/QUOTE]

Because the disdain isn't just for that. It's for current actions and beliefs held by you and others here.

MizMolly

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Here's how it goes " Hi my name is Paul and I'm a racist". then you do the 12 steps. eventually you will get better. You have already told us how your father lead you to this. Its up to you to get better.

Then admit your problem.

Because the disdain isn't just for that. It's for current actions and beliefs held by you and others here.
Like what? What beliefs do i have that make my whole race look bad?

No montrovant. Because I am aware that nit every the person is like you guys. Everybody here knows what we are talking about. All these people are fully aware of past and present history, And you knw full well the difference in degree between a black person saying they hate whites and a white person saying I'll never hire a black person. Americas continuing history shows that whites have been far more racist than anyone else. That question does not need to be asked. And this not abut me trying to say blacks are better.

It seems to be a constant in conservative forums that such discussions are held . Whites in conservative forums want to call us racists for our reactions to racism from whites we keep seeing in places like this.. And it's like you guys want everyone to pretend that history hasn't happened and we are to believe history stops. The whites here all know what has happened and what continues on, so for any of you to call blacks racist for being angry at getting mistreated now an in the past is evidence of a mental break with reality.

We read the posts here and we see the same racist attitudes whites have held for over 200 years. These are actual living humans in the year 2018. Real people who live in the American population RIGHT NOW. They work in all occupations and yet they swear up and down how the racism we point out is in the past. And this kind of shit is why a black person after dealing with whites here could end up hating whites.

You are a racist, do you not understand what that means and how it makes your race look bad?

You are a racist, do you not understand what that means and how it makes your race look bad?
Isnt judging an entire race over one person, racist? In the least, its ignorant as shit.
And i do not think blacks are inferior. You do though ;)

No montrovant. Because I am aware that nit every the person is like you guys. Everybody here knows what we are talking about. All these people are fully aware of past and present history, And you knw full well the difference in degree between a black person saying they hate whites and a white person saying I'll never hire a black person. Americas continuing history shows that whites have been far more racist than anyone else. That question does not need to be asked. And this not abut me trying to say blacks are better.

It seems to be a constant in conservative forums that such discussions are held . Whites in conservative forums want to call us racists for our reactions to racism from whites we keep seeing in places like this.. And it's like you guys want everyone to pretend that history hasn't happened and we are to believe history stops. The whites here all know what has happened and what continues on, so for any of you to call blacks racist for being angry at getting mistreated now an in the past is evidence of a mental break with reality.

We read the posts here and we see the same racist attitudes whites have held for over 200 years. These are actual living humans in the year 2018. Real people who live in the American population RIGHT NOW. They work in all occupations and yet they swear up and down how the racism we point out is in the past. And this kind of shit is why a black person after dealing with whites here could end up hating whites.
"present history" :lol:

A black guy who spits on a white guy because he's white is not a false equivalence to a white guy refusing a job to a black man because he's black.

Yes it us. The black guy got fired and you kept your job while the white guy refusing a job to a black person denies them of a job.

First, let's answer your question: Blacks have never enacted laws or policy to purposefully deny whites of opportunity. Now that we have that out of the way, there are no more laws or policies to deny blacks of opportunity. In fact, we now have a number of laws and policies such as the Civil Rights Act, Equality Act and Affirmative Action that specifically grant them equal rights and equal protection under the law and provide for legal penalties for violating them.

The fact that blacks haven't done that proves blacks are not as racist as whites. I'm not going argue with you about the rest, because its based on your imagination and wishes.

Forum List

Back