Al Bores Movie Bombs at Box Office

Mr.Conley said:
You know, it just struck me that that equation works very well. I'm going to start applying it elsewhere. It could have a lot of potential uses.

How about this equation: Al Bore + lousy movie + enviromental hysteria + lack of interest by the public = box office bomb

Mr.Conley said:
Wow, they aren't doing a full national release. That changes everything. See that last bit there in my post. Revise that to the actual N value of 404 or 514. Basically it's taking my original N value and dividing by 4, 5, or 6 to fit the actual N, and not the posited N we were all working with. If the movie goes above $10 million, then my equation is correct except for the N value, which we overstated. So my equation worked. The N value was overstated, but once we account for that error, the movie falls exactly within my predicted range. It's not unquestioning victory, but the equation speaks for itself. The movie is going to make money, I'm right.

Once again the numbers show the world does not care what Al Bore bellows from his blowhole

Week 5 of his flop film was not good

The "film" falls from #12 to #14

It goes from 403 theaters to 514

Its avg gross per theater falls from $4,744 to $3,923

After 5 weeks, its total gross is a pathetic $9,630,014

Will just one lib admit this farce of a film is a total bomb - just like Al

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inco...th/numbers.php

Mr.Conley said:
Wow, they aren't doing a full national release. That changes everything. See that last bit there in my post. Revise that to the actual N value of 404 or 514. Basically it's taking my original N value and dividing by 4, 5, or 6 to fit the actual N, and not the posited N we were all working with. If the movie goes above $10 million, then my equation is correct except for the N value, which we overstated. So my equation worked. The N value was overstated, but once we account for that error, the movie falls exactly within my predicted range. It's not unquestioning victory, but the equation speaks for itself. The movie is going to make money, I'm right.

So you're the one that the newly reelected Mayor Ray Nagin has put in charge of figuring out how much money New Orleans needs from the Federal Government to rebuild his chocolate city. Hersheys and Godiva will be glad that you are in charge of the purse strings......Oh wait, that's not the kind of chocolate Ray was talking about is it?

You know I was thinking about the Mississippi River and how it looks like milk chocolate flowing through New Orleans..... that or a huge open sewer line.

With equations like that I would imagine the Democrats will be knocking on your door to go national and figure up their money needs for the next election.

sitarro said:
So you're the one that the newly reelected Mayor Ray Nagin has put in charge of figuring out how much money New Orleans needs from the Federal Government to rebuild his chocolate city. Hersheys and Godiva will be glad that you are in charge of the purse strings......Oh wait, that's not the kind of chocolate Ray was talking about is it?

You know I was thinking about the Mississippi River and how it looks like milk chocolate flowing through New Orleans..... that or a huge open sewer line.

With equations like that I would imagine the Democrats will be knocking on your door to go national and figure up their money needs for the next election.

Still waiting for Mr Conley to spin the horrible numbers for this box office bomb

red states rule said:
Still waiting for Mr Conley to spin the horrible numbers for this box office bomb

The numbers do not lie. Al Bores movie is a box offfice bomb

Over the holiday weekend the film was showing in 587 theaters (maybe they needed a tax write off)

The weekend gross was a weak $1,690,035

The average per theater fell from $3,923 to $2,879

The total gross, after 6 weeks of enduring the liberal medias glowing press coverage, is a measly $13,364,881

Has Al covered the expenses of his global travels promoting this bomb?

Calling Mr Conley - Al needs your spin ont he numbers!!!!

Here is the equation I used:
T= Total US Box Office
G= Gross per Theatre G=V*10
N= Number of Theatres. The variables N1, N2, N3, N4 etc. represent N for the number of theatres screening the movie for weeks 1,2,3,4, etc. G*N= Weekend Gross or V*10*N= Weekend Gross
V= Viewers per theatre (V) or (G/10) **assumes $10 ticket price** The variables V1, V2, V3, V4, etc. represent the number of viewers for weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
P= Percentage number of viewers (V) as compared to the previous week. Determined by taking the number of V from the current week, and dividing that by the V of the previous week. Example:
If you have a per theatre gross of $10,000 with a total viewing audience at the theatre of 1000 and a $10 ticket price. The next week you make $20,000 per theatre, have a viewing audience of 2000 and a ticket price of $10.
1,000*$10=$10,000
2,000*$10=$20,000
To find the % difference of the viewing audience between the two weeks, take the second, later number of viewers, and divide it by the number of viewers during the first week. Then take that number and multiply by 100 for the percent increase or decrease. In this case, the second week's audience was 200% the size of the first week's.
P= (VX/VX-1)*100 **Where X does not equal 1**
Take the V from V(X-1), multiply that by P, the V for Week X divided by the V of Week (X-1), divided by 100 (P/100) to determine VX, the number of viewers for the selected week.
V(X-1)*(P/100)= VX or V(X-1) *[VX/V(X-1)]= VX
Example:
V1*(P/100)= V2 or V(Week 1)*[V(Week 2)/ V(Week 1)] = V(Week 2)
The number after P (P1, P2, P3, P4, etc.) stands for the percent difference between The first and second weeks, second and third weeks, third and fourth weeks, forth and fifth weeks, etc.

Now, the equation:
T=V1*10*N1 + V1*(P1/100)*10*N2 + V2*(P2/100)*10*N3 + V3*(P3/100)*10*N4 + V4*(P4/100)*N5*10...

Of course, if we are to derive each V from the previous V, we need to know the original V. Since we already know the G of the first weekend (G1), and G= V*10, we can divide the G1 by 10 to determine the V1
G1/10=V1
or we can take the total gross for the opening weekend (V1*10*N1) set equal to the actual gross of $367,311, plug in the know value of N1, and solve for V1.
V1= $367,311/($10*4)

Each group of VX*(PX/100)*10*NX= The gross of the movie for that week (G*N). Each group is added together to determine total box office (T). Since we already know the G*N for the first two weeks, we can set the first two VX*(P/100)*10*NX equal to that weekend gross.
So we know that:
V1*10*N1= $367,311
V1*(P/100)*10*N2= $1,331,508

Now it's just about inserting likely numbers into the variables (N and P).
Insert whatever percentage you think the movies audience size will increase or decrease into P.
Insert whatever the number of theatres the movie will be screened at that week. We know that for the first week it was shown at 4 theatres and at 77 for the next week. So N1 is 4, N2 is 77, and N3 is 122. N4 is when the movie goes nationwide, so it will probably be shown at between 1,500 and 3,000 theatres for those N.

Mr.Conley said:
Here is the equation I used:
T= Total US Box Office
G= Gross per Theatre G=V*10
N= Number of Theatres. The variables N1, N2, N3, N4 etc. represent N for the number of theatres screening the movie for weeks 1,2,3,4, etc. G*N= Weekend Gross or V*10*N= Weekend Gross
V= Viewers per theatre (V) or (G/10) **assumes $10 ticket price** The variables V1, V2, V3, V4, etc. represent the number of viewers for weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
P= Percentage number of viewers (V) as compared to the previous week. Determined by taking the number of V from the current week, and dividing that by the V of the previous week. Example:
If you have a per theatre gross of $10,000 with a total viewing audience at the theatre of 1000 and a $10 ticket price. The next week you make $20,000 per theatre, have a viewing audience of 2000 and a ticket price of $10.
1,000*$10=$10,000
2,000*$10=$20,000
To find the % difference of the viewing audience between the two weeks, take the second, later number of viewers, and divide it by the number of viewers during the first week. Then take that number and multiply by 100 for the percent increase or decrease. In this case, the second week's audience was 200% the size of the first week's.
P= (VX/VX-1)*100 **Where X does not equal 1**
Take the V from V(X-1), multiply that by P, the V for Week X divided by the V of Week (X-1), divided by 100 (P/100) to determine VX, the number of viewers for the selected week.
V(X-1)*(P/100)= VX or V(X-1) *[VX/V(X-1)]= VX
Example:
V1*(P/100)= V2 or V(Week 1)*[V(Week 2)/ V(Week 1)] = V(Week 2)
The number after P (P1, P2, P3, P4, etc.) stands for the percent difference between The first and second weeks, second and third weeks, third and fourth weeks, forth and fifth weeks, etc.

Now, the equation:
T=V1*10*N1 + V1*(P1/100)*10*N2 + V2*(P2/100)*10*N3 + V3*(P3/100)*10*N4 + V4*(P4/100)*N5*10...

Of course, if we are to derive each V from the previous V, we need to know the original V. Since we already know the G of the first weekend (G1), and G= V*10, we can divide the G1 by 10 to determine the V1
G1/10=V1
or we can take the total gross for the opening weekend (V1*10*N1) set equal to the actual gross of $367,311, plug in the know value of N1, and solve for V1.
V1= $367,311/($10*4)

Each group of VX*(PX/100)*10*NX= The gross of the movie for that week (G*N). Each group is added together to determine total box office (T). Since we already know the G*N for the first two weeks, we can set the first two VX*(P/100)*10*NX equal to that weekend gross.
So we know that:
V1*10*N1= $367,311
V1*(P/100)*10*N2= $1,331,508

Now it's just about inserting likely numbers into the variables (N and P).
Insert whatever percentage you think the movies audience size will increase or decrease into P.
Insert whatever the number of theatres the movie will be screened at that week. We know that for the first week it was shown at 4 theatres and at 77 for the next week. So N1 is 4, N2 is 77, and N3 is 122. N4 is when the movie goes nationwide, so it will probably be shown at between 1,500 and 3,000 theatres for those N.

It still makes less money per theater everytime they add more

I doubt if Al has covered all the money spent as he hops around the globe telling the world we are all going to die

red states rule said:
It still makes less money per theater everytime they add more

I doubt if Al has covered all the money spent as he hops around the globe telling the world we are all going to die

Stick to spouting empty rhetoric about the great satan of liberalism. You obviously have no idea about movies or the movie industry...

Dr Grump said:
Stick to spouting empty rhetoric about the great satan of liberalism. You obviously have no idea about movies or the movie industry...

The facts is the Al Bore box office flop does make less money per theater everytime they ad more

As far as empty rhetoric, I mearly hold libs accountable to what they say and waht they think

red states rule said:
The facts is the Al Bore box office flop does make less money per theater everytime they ad more
Actually it makes sense. Remember that even we they add 100 theatres, they still have the weight of already open locations bringing down the per theatre income. Movie theatres that have been screening the film for over a month are obviously going to bring in a lot less because their particular area has already seen the film. These theatres, which consist of the majority of theatres open, are pulling down the per capita gross. Not surprising at all really.

Mr.Conley said:
Actually it makes sense. Remember that even we they add 100 theatres, they still have the weight of already open locations bringing down the per theatre income. Movie theatres that have been screening the film for over a month are obviously going to bring in a lot less because their particular area has already seen the film. These theatres, which consist of the majority of theatres open, are pulling down the per capita gross. Not surprising at all really.

I do chuckle over liberal spin of a disaster

And Al Bores flop is a fricken disaster

Mr.Conley said:

If you want work, I know some farmers in the midwest who need a professional shit-shoveller, and you seem quite proficient.

You are correct that theaters which have been showing the flick have been seeing a decline in ticket sales, but not as the cause to the effect of lower nationwide sales. Those theaters which were the first-run theaters were targetted due to their demographics - they were the most likely to have solid ticket sales. The second-run theaters are those who demographics are next in line for volume sales based on information gathered during the first-run sales. These theaters and subsequent releases are not expected to hit the per-theater sales figures that the first-run theaters did, but the volume is expected to ensure profitability on the larger scale.

In a nutshell, your equation was wrong because it attempts to resolve a multivariable system in a single equation rather than as a system of equations. Each successive "run" or showing needs a seperate equation o represent the differences between the runs. Then the system needs solved for either for maximizing each variable or groups of variables.

I'll be blunt, I'm no Matt Lauer fan, but his "Countdown to Disaster" special is of higher quality than Gore's "Inconvenient Truth."

Dr Grump said:
Ok RSR and Cocky...enough toying with you. What is your definition of a bomb? Before you answer, here's a little nugget - Gores "bomb" of a movie is currently the fifth highest grossing documentary in the history of the movies....

http://documentaries.about.com/od/basics/tp/top10gross.htm

Carry on!

Frankly, Gore's movie is a crockumentary, not a documentary. He's in the same genre as Moore. They make some bucks, but they're not blockbusters by any stretch.... Moore's films did manage to rake in some bucks though - plenty of librull sheeple to fleece....

Niche films, niche market, comparatively low earning to other national releases....

CockySOB said:
Frankly, Gore's movie is a crockumentary, not a documentary. He's in the same genre as Moore.

Prove it.

CockySOB said:
They make some bucks, but they're not blockbusters by any stretch.

Here's a newsflash for ya..documentaries rarely are blockbusters. They are not made for their blockbuster potential a la Independence Day, Star Wars, Titanic etc...

CockySOB said:
Niche films, niche market, comparatively low earning to other national releases....

Absolutely. As are all docos. Your point being?

CockySOB said:
Frankly, Gore's movie is a crockumentary, not a documentary. He's in the same genre as Moore. They make some bucks, but they're not blockbusters by any stretch.... Moore's films did manage to rake in some bucks though - plenty of librull sheeple to fleece....

Another example of another liberal failure

The liberal media gives Al Bore glowing press coverage and yet the film bombs

Libs spin the numbers trying to convince the rest of us (and themselves) the film is actually doing well

red states rule said:
The liberal media gives Al Bore glowing press coverage and yet the film bombs

The fifth highest box office movie of all time was The Two Towers with $921 million. Al's movie is the fifth highest (at the moment, it'll probably end up at about number 3 or 4) doco of all time. I reiterate, what is your definition of a bomb. Take your time...

Dr Grump said:
The fifth highest box office movie of all time was The Two Towers with $921 million. Al's movie is the fifth highest (at the moment, it'll probably end up at about number 3 or 4) doco of all time. I reiterate, what is your definition of a bomb. Take your time...

Like Dead Air America, the liberal media gives them never ending praise, and they carsh and burn. Al Bores flop is being ignored at the box office

Maybe Al will make enough money to cover the costs of his globe trotting to promote the liberal fairy tale know as global warming

I would like to know how much "poison" Al's private jet has sprewed into the air while he goes around the world telling people the world is going to end in 50 years if he don't do what he says

Dr Grump said:
Prove it.

Prove what? The Al Gore and Michael Moore make infomercials for the librull loonbats in American politics? That Al Gore and Michael Moore both exploit half-truths to try to sell an ideology which is basically "if the conservatives like it, it's the work of the devil?" And they both do so under the genre of "documentary."

Why don't you try proving Al Gore and Michael Moore are nothing alike?

Dr Grump said:
Here's a newsflash for ya..documentaries rarely are blockbusters. They are not made for their blockbuster potential a la Independence Day, Star Wars, Titanic etc...

No shit? Documentaries rarely make it to blockbuster status? You need to go talk to Mr. Conley and let him know it then. And while you're at it, why don't you give us your own explanation of his fantastic equation which doesn't mean jack or shit in the real world? Please, try tackling that one.

Dr Grump said:
Absolutely. As are all docos. Your point being?

But here I thought Gore and Moore were nothing alike, yet you say they both produce documentaries. At least that what I understood "docos" to mean. Perhaps in your under-educated mind it means something else.

Gump, if you're going to make this interesting you need to put some thought into your posts. As it stands, your post was little more than trolling, and by "little more" I do mean "only marginally more."

Hell, I figured I was being nice by lumping Gore and Moore together. Then again, Moore's crockumentaries made money while Gore's can't even compete with other documentaries which are on the market currently.

Dr Grump said:

As I recall, some people here were predicting this movie would make major business once it went into wider release. I guess now that that is far from coming true, you all have to settle for trying to highlight it's place on a list instead. Okey doke. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back