Al Bores Movie Bombs at Box Office

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Jun 5, 2006.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Well, Al Bores Global Warming movie is an inconvenient bomb at the box office

Seems not to many people want to see this liberal fairy tale

http://neoconcommandcenter.blogspot.com/2006/05/al-gore-bombs-at-box-office.html

Al Gore Bombs At the Box Office!

AlBore's global warming movie, "An Inconvenient Truth," is still being lauded by critics as fantastic, and , "Not only are superheros big right now, but global warming is really hot as well."

The Los Angeles based paper, The Mercury Times, claimed that the film did well at the box office as well over it's opening weekend...

But there seems to be another "inconvenient truth."

AlBore's movie did not even make the top ten, and grossed a mere $365,787 from Friday to Monday. I suppose that's good as far as Power Point presentations go, but for Hollywood... Not so great.

2. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    While it is true that the film only made $367,311 on it's first week out. You have to realize that the film was only shown in 4 theatres worldwide. At the theatres where is was open, its average gross per theatre was $91,828, which is actually quite good. Even X-Men 3, which made $122,861,157 at 3,690 theatres on its opening week, only made $33,296 per theatre. By this more accurate comparison, Al Gore wins.

(I got all this information from rottentomatos.com)

3. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

I am surprised only 4 are showing it. I thought more would take advantage to show it. They could write it off as a tax loss when they lose their ass

Using your numbers, over the 4 day period each made only $22,971 - or less the $6000 per day.

And this is good in your book?

4. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    They slowly rolling it out. Not the usual everywhere at once that Hollywood usually does. This is usual for the lower budget productions. Smae thing happend with My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Well, the movies is basically a powerpoint so I doubt they are going to lose money. That's just fanatical partisan talk.

Edit: Removed section using the wrong system of math that rsr used.

5. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    I think people get tired of hearing Chicken Little telling them the sky is falling over and over and over again...

I guess we ought to just ask many of those on the Left... instead of trying to scare us into giving them money with threats and warnings about Global Warming, the oppression of women, racism, ecological disasters and so forth

would they consider Hush Money instead?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Bottom line the film has bombed. Like his bid to be President, Al Bore has crashed and burned once again

I guess people had more interesting things to. Like watch a fly go up a drape

7. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    But I just showed you it hasn't.

The film did incredibly at the places it was shown, and they have not even begun to distribute it nationwide. I'm going to predict that the movie makes at least 50 million, probably closer to 80 in theatres.

btw, I just realized your numbers are incorrect. When I said the movie pulled in $91,828 per theatre, I meant each theatre, over the 4 day period pulled in $91,828, not all of them. That , means they each earned $22,820.50 per day, nearly three times that of X-Men

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    "Bombed"? Hardly. Though re-arguing the 2000 election is kinda pointless, isn't it.

As for the movie, you might want to look at real reviews instead of misrepresenting. Start with this one. (Though it is kinda cute that Gore can still put you into spin mode).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/w...displaySearchLocation=&nm=1&categories=Movies

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/23/AR2006052301305.html

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    :rotflmao:

@

Dems trying to defend a stupid movie no one wants to see.

:rotflmao: