Al and Tipper Gore to separate after 40 years

She must have gotten tired of reading on boards like this just how much of a dumb ass Al Gore is and finally decided that if that many people think he's a dumb ass, it must be true. So, she threw in the towel and hopes nobody will think she is a dumb ass for staying with this particular dumb ass for so long.

Now you've done it. This thread is officially at risk of turning into an Octopalooza!

Well, Sarah was responding to Samson so I thought it was appropriate. :D

I try to ignore Samson's weirdness and address the post.

Hey!

4660243073_41c28933e1.jpg

Generosity is expressed in donating one's own money - not in taking it away from someone else against his will.

Try again.

Generosity is an attitude of good will toward others.

And it's good will to take from others by force to then redistribute to those who have done nothing for it??

No... the generosity comes from within yourself... in your personal voluntary act to help of give of yourself

But we know for your types it is so much easier to be 'generous' with the monies and earnings of others, rather than having it come from you

Generosity of spirit. Giving the benefit of the doubt to someone, for example. Americans are known for our generosity.

And it's good will to take from others by force to then redistribute to those who have done nothing for it??

No... the generosity comes from within yourself... in your personal voluntary act to help of give of yourself

But we know for your types it is so much easier to be 'generous' with the monies and earnings of others, rather than having it come from you

Generosity of spirit. Giving the benefit of the doubt to someone, for example. Americans are known for our generosity.

That's fine. But it has nothing to do with taking away something that belongs to someone else.

One of them found someone else. It's love.

They both had all the money they will ever need.

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.:doubt:

No one ever has all the money they will ever need.

For Republicans, that may be true. Democrats know when they're happy and have enough.

Find the joy, Samson.

I suggest you research how much Gore and the Gang stand to profit from Cap N Trade... then come back and tell us all how much is 'enough' for Democrats.... it might be true for you - and for many Democrats - in fact it is equally true for some Republicans..... What some of us seem to overlook is that even in the Party Of Equal (the Dems) some people are more equal than others.

Seriously, you should know about this subject before you start the rush to the moral highground over big bucks.

Generosity of spirit. Giving the benefit of the doubt to someone, for example.

Spirit comes from within yourself... you do not have domain over the spirit of others.. the government is not a living entity that has a spirit...

You also do not get to force your inner spirit on someone else... you want to be generous and help homeless people, great.... I want o be generous and help mentally challenged people train for jobs, great... Joe Blow wants to be generous and donate to cancer research, great.... and if Jane Doe does not wish to give to any of these causes, great... a little thing called freedom

That's fine. But it has nothing to do with taking away something that belongs to someone else.

Generosity is offering, not stealing. It's an open hand, not a closed fist.

Generosity is offering, not stealing. It's an open hand, not a closed fist.

Involuntarily taking from others has nothing to do with generosity.... giving of yourself voluntarily, does

Generosity is offering, not stealing.

Wonderful. Feel free to offer your up your own resources without demanding that the government forcibly take away from others.
Try not to read more into my posts than I actually say. Thanks.

You started this by responding to my post regarding taxing the rich and income redistribution.

Advocating such policies is not a hallmark of generosity - it is a sign of envy.

For Republicans, that may be true. Democrats know when they're happy and have enough.

If this is true, please explain the constant cacophony calling for redistribution of income and wealth.

It's called generosity, that's a virtue.

Wonderful. Feel free to offer your up your own resources without demanding that the government forcibly take away from others.

You started this by responding to my post regarding taxing the rich and income redistribution.

Advocating such policies is not a hallmark of generosity - it is a sign of envy.

If this is true, please explain the constant cacophony calling for redistribution of income and wealth.

Giving to the poor in large and small ways. IN small ways, making personal donations. In large ways changing economic policies to ensure they're equitable to all.

Giving to the poor in large and small ways. IN small ways, making personal donations.

Agreed. Voluntary giving is generosity.

In large ways changing economic policies to ensure they're equitable to all.

No. Unless you mean getting rid of social engineering and income redistribution. The government taking away from someone else to give to another has nothing to do with generosity. Those who advocate such policies are advocating the abuse of government power to choose winners and losers.

Giving to the poor in large and small ways. IN small ways, making personal donations. In large ways changing economic policies to ensure they're equitable to all.

Equal treatment in government is not inherently 'generous', nor can a system truly be 'generous'...

A system with involuntary confiscation for redistribution is not generous, by definition... And what is advocated by the 'liberal' is the system of wealth redistribution thru governmental action

As stated, over and over, your personal 'spirit' or voluntary actions from your own will can be deemed as generous

Forum List

Back