Ahmadinejad says Israel will soon disappear

U.S. sidesteps questions on Israeli threat against Iran
Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:59pm IST Email | Print | Share| Single Page[-] Text [+] WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Friday sidestepped questions about an Israeli threat to attack Iranian nuclear sites if it continues uranium enrichment, saying it was committed to dealing with Tehran through multilateral diplomacy.

Israeli Transport Minister Shaul Mofaz was quoted as telling an Israeli newspaper that an attack on Iran looks "unavoidable" given the apparent failure of sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential.

"I understand that Israel is very concerned about their future and their safety when they have a neighbor in their region -- Iran -- that says they want to wipe them off the map," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino told reporters.

"We are trying to solve this diplomatically," she said.

Asked whether the United States was keeping military options open as a last resort with Iran, she said President George W. Bush had always said he "would never take any options off the table" but that Washington was pursuing multilateral diplomacy.

What's the problem with attacking nuclear sites of a country that said it will destroy Israel?

That isn't saying it will destroy Iran. That's just smart.

Again, stop obfuscating..and answer the question.

Putting my moderator hat on now... link your post, please. thanks.

What's the problem with attacking nuclear sites of a country that said it will destroy Israel?

That isn't saying it will destroy Iran. That's just smart.

Again, stop obfuscating..and answer the question.

Putting my moderator hat on now... link your post, please. thanks.

You are arguing with this moron, WHY, exactly? He's spewing incoherently all over the place and has yet to make a valid point at all.

Just sayin ....

just trying to focus his spewings. ;)

First he claims Israel will nuke Iraq and references the USS Liberty and Iraq's nuclear reactor as evidence and if he backpeddals any harder he's going to pull something.

Poor Iran ... doomed to be picked on by that colossal superpower Israel.:cuckoo:

First he claims Israel will nuke Iraq and references the USS Liberty and Iraq's nuclear reactor as evidence and if he backpeddals any harder he's going to pull something.[/QUOTE

I know... a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Poor Iran ... doomed to be picked on by that colossal superpower Israel.:cuckoo:

I feel so... sad.... somehow... want to hug Iran.... comfort it. :eusa_clap:

First he claims Israel will nuke Iraq and references the USS Liberty and Iraq's nuclear reactor as evidence and if he backpeddals any harder he's going to pull something.

Backpedals? She asked for examples of when Israel had threatened anyone. I gave examples of how the Israelis always strike when threatened. They blew up the King David hotel, they attacked the U.S.S. Liberty, and they attacked the Iraqi nuclear power plant. Then I referrenced an Israeli government official threatening Iran.....LAST WEEK.

Israel will destroy Iran one day. They will have to in order to survive.

Last edited:
Backpedals? She asked for examples of when Israel had threatened anyone. I gave examples of how the Israelis always strike when threatened. They blew up the King David hotel, they attacked the U.S.S. Liberty, and they attacked the Iraqi nuclear power plant. Then I referrenced an Israeli government official threatening Iran.....LAST WEEK.

King David Hotel was one group of Israelis acting against the wishes of the bigger and more organized group that eventually would lead Israel. It was not sanctioned by the "Israeli" Government, since no such entity existed at the time.

The USS Liberty was not nuked, it was strafed by Israeli war planes in an active war zone, Israel claims they mistakenly thought it was an enemy vessel.

The Iraqi Nuclear reactor was not nuked, it was attacked with conventional munitions in an air raid designed to destroy the facility before it came on line to prevent the threat of a Nuclear Iraq.

We are still waiting for you to provide a single source or cite some evidence that Israel has ever or will ever use Nukes. Be particualr on the use of nukes with no nuclear attack on Israel it self.

No. I didn't ask when Israel threatened anyone. That wasn't the question. Every country threatens others when it's safety is at stake. Now, read carefully... I asked when Israel threatened to "destroy" another country. Even in victory, it's never done that.. and, in fact, allowed other countries to survive when it wouldn't have been the recipient of such largesse.

Now...answer the question. When has Israel threatened to destroy another country? Stop twisting and turning to try to maintain your premise.

King David Hotel was one group of Israelis acting against the wishes of the bigger and more organized group that eventually would lead Israel.

Wrong.

The King David Hotel bombing (July 22, 1946) was a bomb attack against the British Mandate government of Palestine and its armed forces by members of the Irgun, a militant Zionist organization, which was led at the time by Menachem Begin, a future Prime Minister of Israel.

Zionists were terrorists, too.

Wrong.

Zionists were terrorists, too.

Going to try playing semanitcs on this one? Were you not the one in another thread on freedom of speech stating that we know what words mean based on the context of their use?

"Terrorism" is in the eyes of the beholder. Bad guys are terrorists and good guys aren't. The former for the purposes of this topic would be Islamic fundamentalist morons waging a war of attrition against noncombatants via suicide bombings and any other manner of cold-blooded murder they can think up. That would include those Arabs calling themselves Palestinians waging a genocidal war against Israel.

The latter would be those who defend themselves against such scumbags.

There's something wrong with the so-called "civilized" mind of Western eltists who take removing all morality from an argument to the point they can no longer discern between right and wrong, or even worse, begin justifying the immoral actions of an enemy because they cannot divorce themselves from the societal construct of always rooting for the underdog.

Sometimes, as in the case, the underdog can STILL be the bad guys.

Going to try playing semanitcs on this one?

Okay, I'll play.

What is YOUR definition of terrorism?

This one works pretty well for me...

Terrorism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[1]Terrorism is "the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion."[2] There is is no internationally agreed legal definition.[3] In one modern definition of terrorism, it is violence against civilians to achieve political or ideological objectives by creating fear.[4] Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants. Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war.

Terrorism is also a form of unconventional warfare and psychological warfare. The word is politically and emotionally charged,[5] and this greatly compounds the difficulty of providing a precise definition. One 1988 study by the US Army found that over 100 definitions of the word "terrorism" have been used.[6]. A person who practices terrorism is a terrorist.

If you have a different definition, I'm more than willing to look at it.

Based on the above definition, Zionists clearly used terror tactics to force the Brits to open the borders for Jewish immigrants into Palestine pre 1948.

Did you NOT know this fact?

It's not like it's an historical fact that is in dispute, or anything.

Begin admitted his role is this act of terror, after all.

One presumes that the definition of a terrorist is one who commits violence against civilians to achieve political or ideological objectives by creating fear.

The Zionists did it.

The Anti-Zionists did it.

I don't see much room for debate about that.

No. I didn't ask when Israel threatened anyone. That wasn't the question. Every country threatens others when it's safety is at stake. Now, read carefully... I asked when Israel threatened to "destroy" another country. Even in victory, it's never done that.. and, in fact, allowed other countries to survive when it wouldn't have been the recipient of such largesse.

Now...answer the question. When has Israel threatened to destroy another country? Stop twisting and turning to try to maintain your premise.

Whatever....

If Iran gets the bomb. Israel will destroy them. Mark my words. Ahmadinejad is leading his country to destruction. He is the Iranian George Bush.

Last edited:
If Iran gets the bomb. Israel will destroy them.

By "them" do you mean the enite nation of Iran or just their ability to create nuclear bombs?

If you mean the latter, that Israel will attack their nuke facilities, then I'm inclined to think you may be right.

If the former ,than I'd like to suggest that Israel isn't likely to be crazy enough to nuke the whole nation of Iran.

Regardless of how one feels about the State of Israel, regardless of how you view its history, or even its right to exist, suggesting that the Israeli are stoned cold crazy is a mistake.

No saying what happens if the extremist elements of Israel take over, just as with every nation, of course, but their current government isn't nuts.

HA!

a zionist supporter accused someone of playing games with SEMANTICS!

RICH.

indeed, the uss liberty, DESPITE THE TESTIMONY OF SURVIVORS, was "merely" strafed by israel. Only a flesh wound, right? AND, apparerntly, clandestine JEWS are not terrorists.. they are "rebels" while clandestine muslimis? fuckit.. they were BORN a terrorist! I mean, in another 30 years we can all revise history and insist that it was an ARAB that killed Rabin instead of, you guessed it, a JEWISH terrorist. im probably an antisemite for even entertaining actual history anyway.

having fun with this semantics game yet? Killing civilians is OK as long as it's "israeli defense" but let a PAL defend some homeland and, youguessed it.. TERRORIST. We have israeli tanks, snipers, jets, NUKES and the whole gamut against, uh, ROCKS and jerry rigged third party rockets. Indeed. Isn't this semantic game FUN? Refugees are no longer the previous residents of palestine.. nope.. Since there was no official charter written in hebrew THEY DONT COUNT! "apartheid walls are "merely" for "security". Prisoners only count if a jew takes custody; otherwise they are called HOSTAGES. And, my personal favorite, a JEWISH NATION, though being exactly the same goal as the ARYAN NATION, is now a worthwhile endeavor. Somehow, since ww2, ethnic based predominance of a state is A GOOD THING and, of course, requires the support of the west in propping up a provable cohon surname while evicting pals in the name of a burning bush myth.

Yes, SEMANTICS sure are fun, arent they?

Last edited:
By "them" do you mean the enite nation of Iran or just their ability to create nuclear bombs?

If you mean the latter, that Israel will attack their nuke facilities, then I'm inclined to think you may be right.

If the former ,than I'd like to suggest that Israel isn't likely to be crazy enough to nuke the whole nation of Iran.

Regardless of how one feels about the State of Israel, regardless of how you view its history, or even its right to exist, suggesting that the Israeli are stoned cold crazy is a mistake.

No saying what happens if the extremist elements of Israel take over, just as with every nation, of course, but their current government isn't nuts.

I don't think they will nuke the entire nation of Iran, but Israel will do whatever is necessary to destory Iran's nuclear capability. I think they will have to use nukes because Iran's nuclear facilities are deep underground.

Whatever....

If Iran gets the bomb. Israel will destroy them. Mark my words. Ahmadinejad is leading his country to destruction. He is the Iraninan George Bush.

Not whatever... are you 10? My son does the "whatever" thing when he knows he's wrong.

Israel has no history of destroying it's enemies or threatening to, even in the face of its enemies making EXACTLY those types of efforts. And if your focus is on Ahmadinejad, then you should say so, rather than focusing on Israel just to make (false) anti-Israel points.

BTW, I don't think Ahmadinejad is insane either... but do I think it entirely possible Israel would destroy Iran's nuclear capablity if it had to? Yes, but I think they'd do it as OUR surrogate, as well as for its own benefit.

Not whatever... are you 10? My son does the "whatever" thing when he knows he's wrong.

Israel has no history of destroying it's enemies or threatening to, even in the face of its enemies making EXACTLY those types of efforts. And if your focus is on Ahmadinejad, then you should say so, rather than focusing on Israel just to make (false) anti-Israel points.

BTW, I don't think Ahmadinejad is insane either... but do I think it entirely possible Israel would destroy Iran's nuclear capablity if it had to? Yes, but I think they'd do it as OUR surrogate, as well as for its own benefit.

yea.. tell that to a lebonese civilian circa 2006.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back