After GOP wins, Ryan puts Medicare in the crosshairs.

Medicare is not sustainable. You want to end up like Greece? Cuba? Venezuela? Soviet Union?

Medicare must be fixed or eliminated. Its called math. Learn some math, and then figure out Medicare is going broke.
Agreed. Some say this is proof of the left's Cloward-Piven strategy.

At any rate, medical costs have skyrocketed primarily due to government intervention. Has anything gone up as much as healthcare costs?

Something must be done, but if Rs try to control it the MSM and libs everywhere will condemn it to fear monger the elderly. So...I suspect nothing will be done during Trump's time.

It should be remembered the Obama and Congress cut Social Security and the MSM and the Left said nothing. Most Americans do not know anything of this cut.

I sure hope not. I hope the Dem filibuster everything , come mid term things will change, Donald will be walking with a limp.
Yes...we can count on the D party doing the Oligarchy's bidding. The Oligarchy is very upset that their candidate did not win...so they will do their best to sabotage Trump...and fools will fail to see the truth.

The rioting is the Oligarchy's way to control Trump...The D party is now the party of the 1%.

Medicare is not sustainable. You want to end up like Greece? Cuba? Venezuela? Soviet Union?

Medicare must be fixed or eliminated. Its called math. Learn some math, and then figure out Medicare is going broke.

At any rate, medical costs have skyrocketed primarily due to government intervention. Has anything gone up as much as healthcare costs?

Something must be done, but if Rs try to control it the MSM and libs everywhere will condemn it to fear monger the elderly. So...I suspect nothing will be done during Trump's time.

It should be remembered the Obama and Congress cut Social Security and the MSM and the Left said nothing. Most Americans do not know anything of this cut.

Due to insurances and drug ads on TV, they spend more on ads that they do R & D.
Agreed. The FDA and Big Pharma are colluding...which is nothing new as big government and big business collude on most things, which harms 99% of Americans. The MSM also colludes with Big Pharma...as they make millions off all those ads.

It is all very sad but typical of a nation controlled by a big unlimited government, run by corrupt elitist scumbags.

Your conclusion is based on what?

The drug companies we talk to would rather the FDA be much less cumbersome and more efficient.
too funny....the drug companies want EVEN MORE control and you fail to see it.

Even though anything involving government is a scam, I do not think Trump like scam. He is a businessman.

If people are paying into medicare system, it's not fair to just grab it like that. Trump will do something about it.

Trump isn't opposed to universal healthcare either.

I sure hope not. I hope the Dem filibuster everything , come mid term things will change, Donald will be walking with a limp.
Yes...we can count on the D party doing the Oligarchy's bidding. The Oligarchy is very upset that their candidate did not win...so they will do their best to sabotage Trump...and fools will fail to see the truth.

The rioting is the Oligarchy's way to control Trump...The D party is now the party of the 1%.

Clinton won the maj vote, don't forget that.
Republican leaders say that shift — to a level of one-party control that some historians said the Republicans have not seen since the 1920s

What happen in 1929?
The 1920s decade saw three successive laissez-faire GOP presidencies that led to the Great Depression: Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, and Herbert Hoover. Throughout this Republican era of executive government, economic inequality soared, and the government proudly did as little as possible. Harding ran one of the most corrupt administrations in US history, and his successor President Coolidge loved to posit that the least government was the best government. This led to stunning economic inequality, which carved out the inflated bubble that was the American economy, and made depression inevitable. When the economy did collapse, Republicans’ laissez-faire inaction exacerbated the country’s problems. President Hoover’s long political career may have been filled with impressive, administratively-minded successes, but his presidency’s administration exerted little governmental energy toward alleviating the suffering throughout the Great Depression’s early years.

As a result of these three consecutive Republican administrations, Franklin Roosevelt was elected an unprecedented FOUR times to fix the great mess in which Republicans had left the country.

Republicans Caused The Great Depression And Great Recession, Don’t Give Them Back The Presidency

Last edited:

Republican leaders say that shift — to a level of one-party control that some historians said the Republicans have not seen since the 1920s

What happen in 1929?
Oh please.

Millions of traditional D voters did not vote. This essentially means they voted for Trump. These voters are not counted in your BS about vote counts.

The Rs are scumbags just like Ds. When will you accept this fact? They are controlled by the Oligarchy.

I suspect there is a concerted effort under way by the Oligarchy along with help from the elite Left and media to prevent Trump from doing anything. This way the 1% still wins even though they did not get their old lady in the white house.

What happen in 1929?
Oh please.

Millions of traditional D voters did not vote. This essentially means they voted for Trump. These voters are not counted in your BS about vote counts.

The Rs are scumbags just like Ds. When will you accept this fact? They are controlled by the Oligarchy.

I suspect there is a concerted effort under way by the Oligarchy along with help from the elite Left and media to prevent Trump from doing anything. This way the 1% still wins even though they did not get their old lady in the white house.
Gipper, does that Oligarchy have names? Can you give us a clue of whom to watch out for? Also, who is the elite left? Are you sure about Hillary being one of the 1%? Because I didn't hear her saying anything about relaxing Wall St. regs or cutting corporate and 1% taxes, so I'm assuming that the 1% pretty much favors the guy who favors them with gifts of de-regs and tax cuts. Where did I go wrong in my assumption? Who knew it was Hillary who was in their pocket according to you!

What happen in 1929?
Oh please.

I hope so.

What happen in 1929?
Oh please.

Gipper, does that Oligarchy have names? Can you give us a clue of whom to watch out for? Also, who is the elite left? Are you sure about Hillary being one of the 1%? Because I didn't hear her saying anything about relaxing Wall St. regs or cutting corporate and 1% taxes, so I'm assuming that the 1% pretty much favors the guy who favors them with gifts of de-regs and tax cuts. Where did I go wrong in my assumption? Who knew it was Hillary who was in their pocket according to you!
Oh brother...here we go again.

Remember Bernie Sanders? He spoke of the billionaire class yes? Bingo..there is the oligarchy. Elite Left are assholes you love...you know like big ears, cankles, and their many cronies in government, think tanks, law firms, Wall Street, and the lib MSM.

If you don't know Hillary is owned by the Oligarchy, you don't know much. Wikileaks exposed her, but I suppose you know nothing about it.

That's what the Greeks said. Look where it got them?

That's not what happened in Greece at all.

What happened in Greece is that they got locked into the Euro, a currency other people controlled the value of. Then a conservative government spend billions on Olympic Games Greece didn't need and couldn't afford. When they ran into problems, the Germans screwed them.

What happen in 1929?
Oh please.

Remember Bernie Sanders? He spoke of the billionaire class yes? Bingo..there is the oligarchy. Elite Left are assholes you love...you know like big ears, cankles, and their many cronies in government, think tanks, law firms, Wall Street, and the lib MSM.

If you don't know Hillary is owned by the Oligarchy, you don't know much. Wikileaks exposed her, but I suppose you know nothing about it.
Actually, I think you are the one who knows nothing about it.

What happen in 1929?
Oh please.

Actually, I think you are the one who knows nothing about it.
Sorry but I can't make the blind see.

so cheating old people after they paid into it all their lives is a solution for you?

That's what the Greeks said. Look where it got them?

A system that is going to fail, has to be changed. What would you suggest? Just keep kicking the can down the road until we have a default, and the country goes broke? Or are you one of these myth people, that believes the Federal government has Unicorns and Fairies to get money from or something?

The elite shipping oligarchs owned Greece, that is what extreme capitalism does to a country.

Due to insurances and drug ads on TV, they spend more on ads that they do R & D.

That's actually not the problem. Drug companies are always going to run ads, as long as it works. That's not the issue.

The problem is intellectual property rights, which I'm keen to reform.... or eliminate.

When a drug companies has a patent run out on it's drug, whatever drug, the market is usually flooded with generic alternatives that drop the profitability down to zero.

As a result drug companies figure out that if they modified the existing drug ever so slightly, they can get a new patent. This patent allows them to once again produce basically the same thing, but with patent protection, thus allowing profitability.

The problem though is that the original drug is still on the market. So you have two nearly identical drugs, that do the same thing, but one has a high price and one has a low price.

So the question is, how do you get people to use the new slightly more expensive drug, rather than the older cheaper drug, when they do the same thing? Answer: Advertising.

Now the left would love to live in their regulation fantasy world, where you can just pass some regulation to stop this.

That's impossible. While we know the drug companies are doing these actions, it is not possible for us to know with certainty which drugs are simply modified existing drugs, and which are entirely new drugs that do the same thing only better, or even which drugs are being modified with the intention of improving the quality of the drug, rather than just getting a new patent.

Any attempt to regulate away the problem, will only kill off research and development, resulting in less advancement in medications.

The solution is deregulation, by removing intellectual property rights.

By removing patent protections, companies will be forced to both innovate and compete on price, instead of competing at finding the best patent.

On the opposite side, if you try and regulate your way to a better system, you'll end up like France, which hasn't had a significant drug related advancement in over 20 years. All the companies left France, to do R&D elsewhere, and most new drugs are not available in France at all.

Additionally, while advertising spending is significantly lower in France, that doesn't mean the money isn't spent.... it is just directed elsewhere. Instead of spending the money on trying to convince consumers to buy their product, now they spend millions on million trying to convince regulators to buy the product.

The most famous example was a drug that translated roughly "fatty legs" which the company selling it spent millions to convince the French regulators to allow the drug in France, and have the government pay for it. As it turns out after more than a decade on the market, the company attempted to get the FDA to approve it. The FDA declined after they found it was basically a sugar pill... ironic given the name.

If you do the same thing in the US, millions of dollars will flow to the FDA instead of advertising. Either way, the drug company is going to spend money to get someone to buy the pill.

The solution is free-market capitalism. It always works. We should try it.

You mean like Obama did.

I think you are dreaming.

Agreed. The FDA and Big Pharma are colluding...which is nothing new as big government and big business collude on most things, which harms 99% of Americans. The MSM also colludes with Big Pharma...as they make millions off all those ads.

It is all very sad but typical of a nation controlled by a big unlimited government, run by corrupt elitist scumbags.

You mean MSNBC, all stations make money off those ads. Then people go to their doctor and say I want this.
Fox and CNN , all stations. Yes they are corrupt elitist scumbags. Insurance companies are as well.

And Obamacare made them all the more powerful and rich.

Good job.

After GOP wins, Paul Ryan puts Medicare in the crosshairs

11/11/16 08:00 AM

Throughout the Obama era, Ryan has pushed a radical budget plan that would effectively eliminate the Medicare system, phasing it out of existence and replacing it with a voucher system. Seniors, under the Speaker’s vision, would stop receiving guaranteed care under a popular and effective government-run program, and would instead receive vouchers that would help pay for coverage through private insurers.

Now Medicare, disabled and seniors who paid in for years. This is like a nightmare, really and this man is a multimillionaire and a RC, hard to believe he is a RC. Whoever voted for this sub human creature are sub human.

Medicare is popular because people are getting something for nothing. Even if they paid into, just like Social Security, they are taking more out than what they put in (on a time value of money adjusted basis).

So, it is NOT sustainable.

At the same time, those who put in should not get screwed....

If Ryan means phase in over two years or something.....forget it.

You need a National Health Service that is free at the point of delivery and available from cradle to the grave.

Good health is a fundamental right and society should not turn its back on the sick because they are poor.

What would Jesus say ?

"Hmmmm, that leper has no insurance. Fuck him."

11/11/16 08:00 AM

Throughout the Obama era, Ryan has pushed a radical budget plan that would effectively eliminate the Medicare system, phasing it out of existence and replacing it with a voucher system. Seniors, under the Speaker’s vision, would stop receiving guaranteed care under a popular and effective government-run program, and would instead receive vouchers that would help pay for coverage through private insurers.

Now Medicare, disabled and seniors who paid in for years. This is like a nightmare, really and this man is a multimillionaire and a RC, hard to believe he is a RC. Whoever voted for this sub human creature are sub human.

Medicare is popular because people are getting something for nothing. Even if they paid into, just like Social Security, they are taking more out than what they put in (on a time value of money adjusted basis).

So, it is NOT sustainable.

At the same time, those who put in should not get screwed....

If Ryan means phase in over two years or something.....forget it.

What I would like to see, is a privatized savings program, where instead of flushing medicare tax dollars down the federal toilet, the money was placed into a private account.

This is exactly how the Singapore system works. For the average family, that would be about $125 a month placed into a basic savings account backed by investments, with a rough 4% rate of return.

This is one of the reasons health care services are far cheaper in Singapore, because people are the customer, and health care providers compete on price. The result is market competition pushes down prices.

Additionally, for those who are frugal and able to save the money, an average account and accumulate over $300,000 by the time they retire.

This won't eliminate insurance completely, because there will still be a need for catastrophic insurance. But such insurance policies (without being screwed over by the Federal government aka ObamaCare), is exceptionally cheap.

Of course Singapore still has a minimal Medicaid style program, that takes over if the individual uses up all of their money, and all their savings, and still has medical needs.

However, it is very much like the US in that Medicaid is horrifically bad, and people avoid it as much as possible. Unlike the US, Singapore culture believes that it is the duty of family to take care of family, and thus many Singaporeans generally avoid Medicaid by having something called "honor" and "duty" towards their family members, instead of the left-wing American view of "well the public should support my relatives so I can keep my life style".... of course they'll come up with excuses why they are justified in their selfishness.... but the fact remains.

You need a National Health Service that is free at the point of delivery and available from cradle to the grave.

Good health is a fundamental right and society should not turn its back on the sick because they are poor.

What would Jesus say ?

Really? Name one time in the Bible where Jesus held up rich people, and working people at knife point, confiscated their rightful belongings, and then gave them to the sick people?

Never. Jesus had unlimited healing ability because he was G-d. Of course the G-d of the Universe can heal people endlessly without payment.

Now if you'd like to do that, be my guest. Let's see you heal people without any compensation. Tell me, can you pay your property taxes to the UK government with "good will towards the sick"? Let's see how long that plan will last before you end up homeless.

I've been to the UK. I've seen your system in action. In fact, I know people who were directly told to get health care outside the UK, because it was better here in the US.

I don't want your system of health care. It sucks. Just ask the VA system. They only have to provide health care from military service to grave, and they can't handle that. You want that system imposed on all of us? Terrible.

What would Jesus say ?

Really? Name one time in the Bible where Jesus held up rich people, and working people at knife point, confiscated their rightful belongings, and then gave them to the sick people?

Never. Jesus had unlimited healing ability because he was G-d. Of course the G-d of the Universe can heal people endlessly without payment.

Now if you'd like to do that, be my guest. Let's see you heal people without any compensation. Tell me, can you pay your property taxes to the UK government with "good will towards the sick"? Let's see how long that plan will last before you end up homeless.

I've been to the UK. I've seen your system in action. In fact, I know people who were directly told to get health care outside the UK, because it was better here in the US.

I don't want your system of health care. It sucks. Just ask the VA system. They only have to provide health care from military service to grave, and they can't handle that. You want that system imposed on all of us? Terrible.

I really don't think it is right to bash other people's systems.

Just like I don't want them bashing ours.

Each has it's positives and each has it's negatives.

What needs to happen is for our country to determine what, if anything it wants and then craft a plan after that.

Obamacare is a bust. Pure and simple.

That does not mean we don't have a health care issue in this country.

Forum List

Back