Afghan President Wants U.S. Troops Out Of Villages...

Well that and they have nukes, they know they can play that card for us to give them money because we don't want those nukes ending up in the wrong hands.

Do you think that will work?

I don't. Extortion never works.

Um yes it does and it will work, if you listen to what politicians say we need to keep Pakistan close by because they have nukes and we don't want the Taliban to get them.

It only works as long as we have something to give, or something to use against them that they would be afraid of.

Worthless money. Reduction of 80% of our own weaponry. obama is deliberately reducing the United States to an entity they need not fear. The taliban is something else.

Um yes it does and it will work, if you listen to what politicians say we need to keep Pakistan close by because they have nukes and we don't want the Taliban to get them.

It only works as long as we have something to give, or something to use against them that they would be afraid of.

Worthless money. Reduction of 80% of our own weaponry. obama is deliberately reducing the United States to an entity they need not fear. The taliban is something else.

As long as Pakistan has nukes and they keep making it look like they are unstable they will keep drawing a paycheck from the Americans, its that simple.

If we pull out of the villages we are basically creating safe zones for the Taliban where they can regroup, plan attacks, and go for medical treatment and to re-arm, this is the Talibans fucking dream, we are giving them safe zones in Afghanistan.
Agreed.

obama is deliberately reducing the United States to an entity they need not fear. The taliban is something else.
Nukes? Still have plenty. LIVES to be lost in the only justified struggle? Too many BEFORE Obama became President. Remember WHO supported the mujahideen, back in the 1980's.

It seems we'll never learn our lesson when it comes to the Middle East.

Let's see we first were friends with Iran until our puppet got rousted in a revolution then we supported Iraq in a war against Iran. Then Iraq was an enemy and we invaded. And we wonder why the majority of the Middle East hates us.

Does anyone else think we are fucking insane?

Well he technically didn't ask the US to leave completely, just pull our troops out of the villages. Karzai loves American cash, don't get it twisted.

where ever he asked us to leave, we should leave. It's their country, not ours. If we cannot accomplish our goals because they will not let us, it becomes their problem.

Well I'm down with leaving Afghanistan as soon as we can however I'm just noting that Karzai did not call on US Forces to completely leave Afghanistan.

agreed. But in either case, leaving an area or leaving the country... if we refuse, we become invaders, not partners.

Let's see we first were friends with Iran until our puppet got rousted in a revolution then we supported Iraq in a war against Iran. Then Iraq was an enemy and we invaded. And we wonder why the majority of the Middle East hates us.
And, the US supported the mujahideen in the 1980's.

where ever he asked us to leave, we should leave. It's their country, not ours. If we cannot accomplish our goals because they will not let us, it becomes their problem.

Well I'm down with leaving Afghanistan as soon as we can however I'm just noting that Karzai did not call on US Forces to completely leave Afghanistan.

agreed. But in either case, leaving an area or leaving the country... if we refuse, we become invaders, not partners.

Well a large chunk of the Afghan populace looks at us as invaders no matter what we do, its time to bring our men and women home.

And, the US supported the mujahideen in the 1980's.

That was a huge mistake, we should have just let the Russians cut off their dicks.

That was a huge mistake, we should have just let the Russians cut off their dicks.
The Soviets ran in to the same problems we have since 2001.Without Iraq, MAYBE, but Iraq drained too much from us to "alter" the Taliban.

Pakistan is not an ally. The tragedy there is, we've given them so many $Billions and Weapons over the years. Their our Frankenstein. It puts us in a very difficult spot. We can't really dump them outright. Too much time & money has been invested. Now we're just stuck trying to make the best of a very very bad situation. What a Foreign Policy ay?

If one were to assume they played us, it would have to be admitted they did a great job of it......

Here we pay them billions to find the guy they have shacking up next to the military base....... Funny, if not so sad..............

They want us out & now unOcal karazi wants us out of the villages........

Good timing now that we are suppose to leave in a little while..........

The Soviets ran in to the same problems we have since 2001.Without Iraq, MAYBE, but Iraq drained too much from us to "alter" the Taliban.

We never had enough troops on the ground to properly secure Afghanistan anyways.

We never had enough troops on the ground to properly secure Afghanistan anyways.
Error after error it appears.

lets end all the wars, live in peace and focus on social justice here at home.................

coexist !!!!!!!!!!! lol

It's not going to do us any good to be over there any longer (as if it ever really did anyway). We need to bring our military back home NOW. It's more dangerous there now than it's ever been...they don't want us there. I think a date of June 30, 2012 would be an excellent date to have us all out of there (it's also my birthday :) ) It would be the best birthday present ever to know my son will never have to go there...3 times in Iraq has been more than enough!

Its not that easy, it would take years to have everyone and everything pulled out of Afghanistan. 2014 is probably more realistic, even though I would like to have everyone home ASAP.

I know that....just wishful thinking!! :)

And hey!!!! You changed your Avatar!!! I almost didn't know who you were! Lol! :lol:

Well a large chunk of the Afghan populace looks at us as invaders no matter what we do, its time to bring our men and women home.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's not going to do us any good to be over there any longer (as if it ever really did anyway). We need to bring our military back home NOW. It's more dangerous there now than it's ever been...they don't want us there. I think a date of June 30, 2012 would be an excellent date to have us all out of there (it's also my birthday :) ) It would be the best birthday present ever to know my son will never have to go there...3 times in Iraq has been more than enough!

Its not that easy, it would take years to have everyone and everything pulled out of Afghanistan. 2014 is probably more realistic, even though I would like to have everyone home ASAP.

I know that....just wishful thinking!! :)

And hey!!!! You changed your Avatar!!! I almost didn't know who you were! Lol! :lol:

Yeah I got caught up in the Green Revolution led by Syrenn and CG.

Error after error it appears.

Funny that is what the Mongols said, & the British, & the Russians...........

Forum List

Back