So drilling on Federal/offshore NOT happening..so Obama releasing Strategic Oil!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
How stupid does Obama really think people are???

He and supporters make fun of DRill baby drill supporters!
YET what is he doing???
Obama discussed a release of oil from the U.S. strategic reserve during a meeting in Washington yesterday with U.S. Prime Minister David Cameron, a U.K. official with knowledge of the talks said.

So which is it???

And the MSM??? WHY don't they ask Obama when Obama BRAGS..
So do not tell me that we're not drilling. We're drilling all over this country. There are a few spots we're not drilling. We're not drilling in the national mall. We're not drilling at your house. "
WHAT A DICK!!!
Obama: "Do Not Tell Me That We're Not Drilling. We're Drilling All Over This Country" | RealClearPolitics
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

Maria Cantwell 2001: “oil extracted from the wildlife refuge wouldn’t reach refineries for seven to ten years.”

Jeff Bingaman 2001: “drilling in ANWR wouldn’t get us any oil for at least ten years.”

John Kerry 2001: “If we opened ANWR today it wouldn’t produce any oil for at least ten years.”
And of course, Barack Obama
“Offshore drilling would not lower gas prices today, it would not lower gas prices next year and it would not lower gas prices five years from now.”
“Believe me, if I thought there was any evidence at all that drilling could save people money who are struggling to fill up their gas tanks by this summer or this year, or even the next few years, I would consider it, but it won’t.
“We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. We Would Not Have Full Production For Twenty Years.”
Democrats try to convince us that drilling for more oil is the answer to high gas prices, except when it’s not [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces
All of the last from OBAMA!!!

SO why is HE TAKING CREDIT IN this statement:
Our oil production reached its highest level in seven years. ... Since Obama said "oil production," we will only look at oil, rather than natural gas ...

SO IDIOT OBAMA supporters and OBAMA!!!

IF you said it was going to take 10 years.."We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. "...
WHY IS HE TAKING CREDIT for highest in 7 years?????

THIS IS for you Independents and not the Obamatrons!!!

THINK about it! All the above Dems and Obama negating drill baby drill..laughing..
"takes 10 years" statements...
SO WHY are they taking credit for "highest level in 7 years"????

THAT's BECAUSE it was all DONE by Bush when he did the following WHICH Obama has NOW SHUT DOWN!!!!

In 2008, former President George W. Bush lifted his father's ban on drilling. And in the same year, amid high gas prices and election pressures, Democratic leaders allowed the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse.

Shortly before Bush left office, the Minerals Management Service of the Department of Interior issued a new five-year leasing plan that proposed opening up areas in the Pacific, Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico to new drilling. Also included in the proposal were Bristol Bay as well as the Chuckchi and Beaufort Seas.

I thought oil was the one and only commodity impervious to the laws of supply and demand because it gets sold on the world market and the Chinese buy it?

Are Neo-Marxists wrong in the trillion column -- again?

I thought oil was the one and only commodity impervious to the laws of supply and demand because it gets sold on the world market and the Chinese buy it?

Are Neo-Marxists wrong in the trillion column -- again?

It's election season. Obamas first casualty under the bus? Those defending him on gas.

YET what is he doing???
Obama discussed a release of oil from the U.S. strategic reserve during a meeting in Washington yesterday with U.S. Prime Minister David Cameron, a U.K. official with knowledge of the talks said.

So which is it???

So do not tell me that we're not drilling. We're drilling all over this country. There are a few spots we're not drilling. We're not drilling in the national mall. We're not drilling at your house. "
WHAT A DICK!!!
Obama: "Do Not Tell Me That We're Not Drilling. We're Drilling All Over This Country" | RealClearPolitics
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

Maria Cantwell 2001: “oil extracted from the wildlife refuge wouldn’t reach refineries for seven to ten years.”

Jeff Bingaman 2001: “drilling in ANWR wouldn’t get us any oil for at least ten years.”

John Kerry 2001: “If we opened ANWR today it wouldn’t produce any oil for at least ten years.”
“Offshore drilling would not lower gas prices today, it would not lower gas prices next year and it would not lower gas prices five years from now.”
“Believe me, if I thought there was any evidence at all that drilling could save people money who are struggling to fill up their gas tanks by this summer or this year, or even the next few years, I would consider it, but it won’t.
“We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. We Would Not Have Full Production For Twenty Years.”
Democrats try to convince us that drilling for more oil is the answer to high gas prices, except when it’s not [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces

Our oil production reached its highest level in seven years. ... Since Obama said "oil production," we will only look at oil, rather than natural gas ...

IF you said it was going to take 10 years.."We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. "...

THINK about it! All the above Dems and Obama negating drill baby drill..laughing..

THAT's BECAUSE it was all DONE by Bush when he did the following WHICH Obama has NOW SHUT DOWN!!!!

In 2008, former President George W. Bush lifted his father's ban on drilling. And in the same year, amid high gas prices and election pressures, Democratic leaders allowed the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse.

Shortly before Bush left office, the Minerals Management Service of the Department of Interior issued a new five-year leasing plan that proposed opening up areas in the Pacific, Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico to new drilling. Also included in the proposal were Bristol Bay as well as the Chuckchi and Beaufort Seas.
Even if Obama okay'd the Keystone pipeline, and opened up all lands anywhere in the US for drilling, and drilled baby drilled as much as Republicans want...and did everything Newt proposed already...gas prices would not be lower than they are today.

This is all phoney outrage, and it sounds just like the regurgitated idiotic swill I heard from Rush today on the way to work.

Last edited:

YET what is he doing???

So which is it???

WHAT A DICK!!!
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

Even if Obama okay'd the Keystone pipeline, and opened up all lands anywhere in the US for drilling, and drilled baby drilled as much as Republicans want...and did everything Newt proposed already...gas prices would not be lower than they are today.

This is all phoney outrage, and it sounds just like the regurgitated idiotic swill I heard from Rush today on the way to work.

You forgot to blame bank ATM's too, Dear

YET what is he doing???

So which is it???

WHAT A DICK!!!
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

oil production levels and drilling capacity are different things. simply drilling more oil will not lower the price if you do not increase production as well. if the refineries can not increase the amount of oil that they refine into gas and other products, it will not matter how much oil is delivered to the plants.

so they are in essence right, simply drilling more wells will not increase supply unless you increase production.

if you want to truly lower gas prices, then you need to decrease global demand for that commodity. thus you need to look at alternatives to gas. unfortunately, people must be willing to accept those alternatives whether it is hybrids, electric cars, hydrogen cars, fuel cells or some new unknown technology.

A very astute question.

What does releasing oil from the strategic oil reserve accomplish that allowing NEW permitting for oil wells, opening up anwar, and bringing in the keystone pipeline does not accomplish.

On top of that increasing our overall production would be a LONG term supply side solution, unlike this short term solution of releasing reserves (which we have to replace at a high price).

In the end what we truly need is more refineries, no matter how much oil we can produce our gasoline price is still hinged on supply and demand...without new refineries the supply will not go up.

I truly think the Obama admin is intentionally doing things to raise the price of fuel...why?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122904040307499791.html

In a sign of one major internal difference, Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

Its not like obama didn't tell us he would do this

Last edited by a moderator:
A very astute question.

What does releasing oil from the strategic oil reserve accomplish that allowing NEW permitting for oil wells, opening up anwar, and bringing in the keystone pipeline does not accomplish.

On top of that increasing our overall production would be a LONG term supply side solution, unlike this short term solution of releasing reserves (which we have to replace at a high price).

In the end what we truly need is more refineries, no matter how much oil we can produce our gasoline price is still hinged on supply and demand...without new refineries the supply will not go up.

I truly think the Obama admin is intentionally doing things to raise the price of fuel...why? just ask if you really want to know ;)

Easy answer. It gives the appearance he cares when he really doesn't give a flying fuck. It's nothing but a pr stunt.

YET what is he doing???

So which is it???

WHAT A DICK!!!
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

There is nothing Obama or Bush could have done, nor is there anything Obama could do, or will do...that will affect gas prices.

With the exception of invading more middle eastern countries.

A very astute question.

I truly think the Obama admin is intentionally doing things to raise the price of fuel...why? just ask if you really want to know ;)

Easy answer. It gives the appearance he cares when he really doesn't give a flying fuck. It's nothing but a pr stunt.

Times Tough for Energy Overhaul - WSJ.com

In a sign of one major internal difference, Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

actually it does one very different and important thing and that his it bring the actual oil to market faster. being that from the time you begin drilling a well to the time it reaches the market is approximately 3-10 years, the time to refine oil into gas is roughly 3 months. so technically by releasing oil from the reserve, gas can find its way to market much more quickly.

the problem is that americans consume approx 20M barrels of oil per day, so any real release from the reserve will have little affect on prices.

There is nothing Obama or Bush could have done, nor is there anything Obama could do, or will do...that will affect gas prices.

Obama could have signed keystone, allowed permitting for NEW refineries (which have been blocked), given NEW drilling contracts instead of taking credit for contracts signed under bush, he could push for opening up anwar.

Please...there is plenty obama could do.

YET what is he doing???

So which is it???

WHAT A DICK!!!
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

oil production levels and drilling capacity are different things. simply drilling more oil will not lower the price if you do not increase production as well. if the refineries can not increase the amount of oil that they refine into gas and other products, it will not matter how much oil is delivered to the plants.

so they are in essence right, simply drilling more wells will not increase supply unless you increase production.

if you want to truly lower gas prices, then you need to decrease global demand for that commodity. thus you need to look at alternatives to gas. unfortunately, people must be willing to accept those alternatives whether it is hybrids, electric cars, hydrogen cars, fuel cells or some new unknown technology.

yeppers....BO has the real answers to high fuel prices......
120228-gas-price-drill-tune-up-tires-algae1.jpg

i'm on my way right now to the "agae station" to fill 'er up.....:D

Remember Obama NOW bragging how "Our oil production reached its highest level in seven years."
So
A) Remember when he snickered and laughed at "drill baby drill"???
B) Remember when he and others said it would take 10 years to get the ANWR etc...

SO what's changed? HE wants to be re-elected!
AND remember this is the same arrogant person who called us:
"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
Mayhill Fowler: Obama: No Surprise That Hard-Pressed Pennsylvanians Turn Bitter

A very astute question.

I truly think the Obama admin is intentionally doing things to raise the price of fuel...why?

Times Tough for Energy Overhaul - WSJ.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

It's not an astute question...it's rank with amatuerish second hand speculation

He 's ever pretending to like Israel all in an effort to get reelected so he can rule as a dictator

Obama could have signed keystone, allowed permitting for NEW refineries (which have been blocked), given NEW drilling contracts instead of taking credit for contracts signed under bush, he could push for opening up anwar.

Please...there is plenty obama could do.
None of those things would affect the price of gas at the pumps, and not even years later.

Forum List

Back