Affirmative Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nycflasher
I do understand your point about reverse descrimination. But when the alternative is the age-old practice of hiring only whites, for example, I have to say what is in the public interest?

Perhaps, as you stated before however(I think, someone did), the situation would be better rectified by prosecuting those who descriminate in the workplace as opposed to arbitrarily hiring minorities to even the playing field.

If you really feel so strongly about this, however, you should probably be bitching about all the jobs going overseas. Certainly that is making it harder for Americans(some of whom are white;) to get a job.

I don't hear a whole lot of talk about solutions. All I hear is...

Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
ad nauseum...

I think that belittles racism in a country where 50 years ago we had segregated schools, water fountains, restaurants, busses, workplaces etc.

Yes, institutionalized racism is nauseating. Glad you see it my way. The solution is to NOT do it. I'm glad you agree it may be better to go after actual cases of discrimination instead of making the wrong blanket assumption that all whites are racist. That's crap.

Protectionism is wrong for the future, though it may be comforting in the short term. But that's a different topic.

:cof:

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Yes, institutionalized racism is nauseating. Glad you see it my way. The solution is to NOT do it. I'm glad you agree it may be better to go after actual cases of discrimination instead of making the wrong blanket assumption that all whites are racist. That's crap.

Protectionism is wrong for the future, though it may be comforting in the short term. But that's a different topic.

:cof:

You have quite the knack for twisting someone's words around. :clap:
Enough said.

I agree with you that AA might not be the best answer to descrimination in the workplace.
I agree with you that not all whites are racist.:clap:

I think that's about it.

You have quite the knack for twisting someone's words around. :clap:
Enough said.

I agree with you that AA might not be the best answer to descrimination in the workplace.
I agree with you that not all whites are racist.:clap:

I think that's about it.

I didn't twist anything. You agree with me on this issue, like you just stated.

I don't think it's time to let it go at all. I will never let it go. It's institutionalized racism. What's your opinion dk?

Actually, it is institutionalized discrimination (which I agree with in this case), not institutionalized racism. There is a difference.

Originally posted by Reilly
Actually, it is institutionalized discrimination (which I agree with in this case), not institutionalized racism. There is a difference.

Way to catch that. RWA is an expert on racism, though:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Reilly

yes, discrimination. That's what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.

be forewarned, oca may call you a racist now.

be forewarned, oca may call you a racist now.

Why don't you just speak for yourself, instead of stirring up the waters?

My guess: that's all you want to do, stir up the waters.

Why don't you just speak for yourself, instead of stirring up the waters?

My guess: that's all you want to do, stir up the waters.

Go eat lunch.

Go eat lunch.

Excuse me?
I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but I really don't care what you do.
And besides, that wouldn't be nice.
Why can't you take a friendly suggestion to stop stirring the fire?
Why can't you talk about issues? Why is your answer to everything "those damn libs?"

I suggest that you speak for yourself, because realy you can't speak for others, and you tell me to go eat lunch?

Well, okay. I am sorta hungry and I get cranky whenever I talk to you.

Excuse me?
I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but I really don't care what you do.
And besides, that wouldn't be nice.
Why can't you take a friendly suggestion to stop stirring the fire?
Why can't you talk about issues? Why is your answer to everything "those damn libs?"

I suggest that you speak for yourself, because realy you can't speak for others, and you tell me to go eat lunch?

Well, okay. I am sorta hungry and I get cranky whenever I talk to you.

You called me a fool.
I told you to go eat lunch and now you drop the f-bomb!

You seem rather militaristic and aggressive.

Being wrong makes people cranky. I'm in a great mood!

Peter Brady: Pork chops and apple sauce!

Originally posted by jimnyc
What a sad life I lead when I remember that episode as clear as yesterday. "Oh, my nose!" - Marcia Brady

Remember when alice thought Mrs. Brady's sculpture of MR. Brady was a burglar and destroyed it after she had bong hits. That was awesome.

The Hawaiian Curse: The falling wall hanging, a surfing accident, damn Tiki!

Remember when alice thought Mrs. Brady's sculpture of MR. Brady was a burglar and destroyed it after she had bong hits. That was awesome.

For some reason the bong hits escape me.

Lets say Big D is head of H.R. for a large corp., I know its laughable but just go along for now, without any protection do you think he would've hired Condoleeza Rice? An obviously intelligent black woman? This is my point. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure we should have a Nat'l Security advisor who has PMS once a month.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
Lets say Big D is head of H.R. for a large corp., I know its laughable but just go along for now, without any protection do you think he would've hired Condoleeza Rice? An obviously intelligent black woman? This is my point.

Well, it's his choice. His business may suffer because of the decision, and that's the risk he has to take.

Originally posted by Big D
Any area in the world where whites are the majority, is where blacks live the best lives, with the highest standard of living.

Any area in the world where blacks are the majority, is where blacks live the worst lives, with the lowest standards of living.

Nyc,

Disprove this...

Vinnie I would say that much like Big D most people here have you on ignore and don't see your posts, not sure about flasher but thats my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back