Affirmative Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
There is no REAL ignorance in this comment at all. Now, I did just throw it in because the "...calling a spade and spade..." thing kind of gave me that one.

Also, sensible and ignorant are two different things. It seems to me that you are getting them mixed up. You don't think what I'm saying is sensible, so I'm ignorant? Furthermore, what made ****** such a bad word? Blacks call themselves *******. Who says that a white person calling a black a ****** means that this white person is somehow showing ill towards the black person?

Calling someone a ****** would make you both insensible(unsensible?) and ignorant. Decent people in todays society treat eachother better.

re: "Who says that a white person calling a black a ****** means that this white person is somehow showing ill towards the black person?"

You're kidding right? Either that, or you did just fall off the turnip truck.

The reason is that 1) You would never call a black person a ****** to his face and not expect to get your ass kicked. That means you KNOW it's wrong. 2) ****** is by definition a derogatory term for a black person.

Yer out of fucking control :p:

Get a dictionary:
a. Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: “You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a ******” (James Baldwin).
b. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.

n : ethnic slur; offensive name for Black person

Originally posted by nycflasher
Calling someone a ****** would make you both insensible(unsensible?) and ignorant. Decent people in todays society treat eachother better.

re: "Who says that a white person calling a black a ****** means that this white person is somehow showing ill towards the black person?"

You're kidding right? Either that, or you did just fall off the turnip truck.

The reason is that 1) You would never call a black person a ****** to his face and not expect to get your ass kicked. That means you KNOW it's wrong. 2) ****** is by definition a derogatory term for a black person.

Yer out of fucking control :p:

Get a dictionary:
a. Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: “You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a ******” (James Baldwin).
b. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.

n : ethnic slur; offensive name for Black person

But nonetheless. IT's true that blacks call each other that in friendship. or as a joke or whatever. They do use the word, in movies, in rap music. Are they out of control?

Originally posted by Reilly
Good night. I wil be here through the rest of the week, and then at the Paladium starting Monday. I hope to see you there. Thank you.

Oh well. At least we are civil. I'm glad that we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable, if you know what I mean.

What is your position on school vouchers? It seems to me like a good way to give the poor more of a choice on what school they want their children to attend. It would also give the public school system some competition.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Oh well. At least we are civil. I'm glad that we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable, if you know what I mean.

What is your position on school vouchers? It seems to me like a good way to give the poor more of a choice on what school they want their children to attend. It would also give the public school system some competition.

You know his position on vouchers, matty. But I guess hope truly does spring eternal!

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
But nonetheless. IT's true that blacks call each other that in friendship. or as a joke or whatever. They do use the word, in movies, in rap music. Are they out of control?

Well, yeah, I think the use of the word ius out of control in general. The difference being when a black person uses it it CANT be racist (except for the few cases of of people who hate their own race).

But, ya know?
No other disparaging word is used so much. Except maybe faggot.

Originally posted by Big D
The only reason so many people get upset at hearing black folks called ****** is because everyone knows thats what they are.

There is nothing you can call white folks that will upset them, because they know it is not what they are.

Once again, the great intellect at work. Wow, that's two big sentences and you used the word ****** only once...shame on you! The Klan is going to take your pointy cap away:p:

The only reason so many people get upset at hearing black folks called ****** is because everyone knows thats what they are.

There is nothing you can call white folks that will upset them, because they know it is not what they are.

Wrong fucking thread Adolph!

And by the way do you have a link that says everybody thinks that Blacks are *******? Your a Jew and I would classify you in the same derogatory class as ******.

Affirmitive Action is proof of blacks low intelligence

Nice fucking edit, there is sign of high intelligence there, putting the wrong shit in the wrong thread.:rolleyes:

I don't care if you call me a ******,
only a ****** would get upset about being called a ******.

I don't care if you call me a ******,
only a ****** would get upset about being called a ******.

I have never seen a more rapid disintegration of conversation than the moment this brat shows up, he-he. Painfully obviou who can't run with the big dogs. Hey wait a minute...and you call yourself Big D? ah-ha

are we going to continue to discuss the merits, or lack of, AA or are we going to degrade the conversation into race based inflammatory remarks?

Originally posted by OCA
And by the way do you have a link that says everybody thinks that Blacks are *******? Your a Jew and I would classify you in the same derogatory class as ******.

More proof of oca's racism.

Originally posted by mattskramer

I don't really know enough about school vouchers to make an informed opinion. It does seem to have some obvious problems to me, but that might just be because I don't understand the proposals very well.

It does seem like a good deal for those kids that get the opportunity to switch schools, although how do the proposals deal with transportation to the new schools?

The vouchers can be used for private schools, right? I assume though that the transferring students have to meet the admission requirements. If that is correct, then it doesn't really seem to solve the problem of the school district whose schools are inadequate from the beginning and won't prep a kid to even get into a better private school.

My final concern just deals with numbers. In NYC the schools are already overcrowded. I can't imagine many students really having an opportunity to switch to a new school because I don't know where there would be room for him. Further, what happens to the school he left? For every 3% of kids that switch from a school, does that school lose funding as a result? If so, doesn't that risk making that school even less capable of dealing with the kids that remain? I suppose competition might help, but I question how much competition will really do for a school where the teachers don't even feel safe attending. Isn't there already all the incentive one would need to change that school? Is competition likely to add any more incentive in that case?

These are all questions that I have about voucher programs. I just don't know if these concerns are addressed by current voucher proposals.

Originally posted by OCA
Notice he doesn't say a damn word about Big D but follows this fantasy of me being a racist. Get a life!

I think Big d has already been called a racist. You're the one with delusions that discrimination against whites is not racism. How's it feel?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I think Big d has already been called a racist. You're the one with delusions that discrimination against whites is not racism. How's it feel?

It feels great since rational thinking people know i'm no racist. But there, the key word is rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back