Affirmative Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by OCA
It feels great since rational thinking people know i'm no racist. But there, the key word is rational.

You're not rational. You claim you believe in individual rights. But you don't think whites have a right NOT to be discriminated against on the basis of color. Take your revenge oriented policy and your hatred against whites and shove it.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
You're not rational. You claim you believe in individual rights. But you don't think whites have a right NOT to be discriminated against on the basis of color. Take your revenge oriented policy and your hatred against whites and shove it.

This the end of this, you have been asked several times to offer evidence of discrimination against whites, just the sound of that is laughable but anyway, and you refuse to do it so until then you are on the pay no mind, no credibility and irrelevant list. I'm done and unlike you i've got meaningful work to do.

Originally posted by OCA
This the end of this, you have been asked several times to offer evidence of discrimination against whites, just the sound of that is laughable but anyway, and you refuse to do it so until then you are on the pay no mind, no credibility and irrelevant list. I'm done and unlike you i've got meaningful work to do.

Affirmative Action WORKS through discrimination against whites. That's the discrimination I'm talking about. I'm not saying whites get discriminated against a ton in society. You're pet discriminatory policy is what I'm talking about. you've made this same stupid argument fifty times. Yeah. It is over. Because you've lost, racist.

300 posts and counting, and you all can't come to some sort of agreement on what affirmative action is?

Time to agree to disagree :p:

Originally posted by nycflasher
300 posts and counting, and you all can't come to some sort of agreement on what affirmative action is?

Time to agree to disagree :p:

We all know what it is. It's racial discrimination. SOme are just ok with that.

We all know what it is. It's racial discrimination. SOme are just ok with that.

and like some other people, theres no changing their minds about anything at all. I think its time to just 'let it go' because nobody is going to change position.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and like some other people, theres no changing their minds about anything at all. I think its time to just 'let it go' because nobody is going to change position.

I don't think it's time to let it go at all. I will never let it go. It's institutionalized racism. What's your opinion dk?

We may need a section devoted to racial topics and the same 4-6 people can continue to debate forever.

Originally posted by NewGuy
We may need a section devoted to racial topics and the same 4-6 people can continue to debate forever.

What's your opinion on affirmative action, newguy?

ha-ha-ha
I suppose some just aren't interested in the bickering and some aren't big enough to contribute to discussions on race, quite an important issue in these times and any for that matter.

I don't think it's time to let it go at all. I will never let it go. It's institutionalized racism. What's your opinion dk?

I happen to agree, its state sponsered discrimination. That doesn't mean that others are going to agree nor do I delude myself in thinking that my opinion alone is going to change anyone else who disagrees with me.

I happen to agree, its state sponsered discrimination. That doesn't mean that others are going to agree nor do I delude myself in thinking that my opinion alone is going to change anyone else who disagrees with me.

I'm just arguing my side. I don't care if it changes anyone's mind.

As I have stated in another thread, RWA, I agree with DK on this.

My Dad was a victim of it, my wife was a (favored, yet insulted) victim of it and I am a victim of it.

-BUT.....I am not sissy enough to think it is making anyone a victim either, except the business owners. If a person claims they cant get a job because of it, it is my opinion they get off their lazy self righteous butt and go start a business.

As I have stated in another thread, RWA, I agree with DK on this.

My Dad was a victim of it, my wife was a (favored, yet insulted) victim of it and I am a victim of it.

-BUT.....I am not sissy enough to think it is making anyone a victim either, except the business owners. If a person claims they cant get a job because of it, it is my opinion they get off their lazy self righteous butt and go start a business.
I'm sure some white people have not gotten particular jobs from it. They had to keep trying until they found an employer who was allowed to hire a white at that time. That's pretty sick.

So you're against it. good. i wonder if oca thinks you're a racist now.

Being against racial discrimination does NOT make one a racist. I can't believe this statement encounters bitter resistance in our society. This is fu**ed up.

I'm sure some white people have not gotten particular jobs from it. They had to keep trying until they found an employer who was allowed to hire a white at that time.

Yeah because, in our recent history, there have been SO MANY employers not allowed to hire whites:rolleyes:

Being against racial discrimination does NOT make one a racist. I can't believe this statement encounters bitter resistance in our society. This is fu**ed up.

What resistance. OCA?

Originally posted by nycflasher
Yeah because, in our recent history, there have been SO MANY employers not allowed to hire whites:rolleyes:

That's how affirmative action levels the playing field, through racial discrimination.
And yes there are times when an employer simply must hire any black person who walks in the door, regardless of qualifications, over a more qualified white applicant. happens all the time. Ignore it if you want. Let your fear of being associated with certain people cause you to promote racial discrimination. Whatever floats your boat.

That's how affirmative action levels the playing field, through racial discrimination.
And yes there are times when an employer simply must hire any black person who walks in the door, regardless of qualifications, over a more qualified white applicant. happens all the time. Ignore it if you want. Let your fear of being associated with certain people cause you to promote racial discrimination. Whatever floats your boat.

I do understand your point about reverse descrimination. But when the alternative is the age-old practice of hiring only whites, for example, I have to say what is in the public interest?

Perhaps, as you stated before however(I think, someone did), the situation would be better rectified by prosecuting those who descriminate in the workplace as opposed to arbitrarily hiring minorities to even the playing field.

If you really feel so strongly about this, however, you should probably be bitching about all the jobs going overseas. Certainly that is making it harder for Americans(some of whom are white;) to get a job.

I don't hear a whole lot of talk about solutions. All I hear is...

Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
Institutional Racism
ad nauseum...

I think that belittles racism in a country where 50 years ago we had segregated schools, water fountains, restaurants, busses, workplaces etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back