Affirmative Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by OCA
This is where its at, all the worlds power in one spot!

You never said where you might go. Where? I'll pay 10% of your exit fare.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
He doesn't know. It's just ignorant chest pounding, full of bravado, without a lick of sense.

RWA, thanks for proving me right man by jumping in with the resident racists again. Couldn't do it without ya ;)

Originally posted by OCA
RWA, thanks for proving me right man by jumping in with the resident racists again. Couldn't do it without ya ;)

What did I prove you right on? Did you already confess to abject ignorance? I guess you WERE right, in that case.

Being against affirmative action is not racist.

This is my first post on this board, and honestly reading through this thread has not inspired a lot of confidence in the quality of discussion here.

I personally believe that a perfect society would ignore race entirely, judging solely on merit. The free market is the best way of gauging merit that society has come up with, flawed as it may be. As such, AA has no place in our society.

As I read through this board, I basically kept those ideas in mind, but my opinion gradually shifted in recognition of the fact that we are not a perfect society. AA may well be necessary, despite my distaste for it, when subhumans like Big D are around.

I may disapprove of AA on the grounds that it is, essentially, discrimination for and against people on solely the basis of race, but the manner of its construction makes it less evil and more shady. If you approve of AA, you are not necessarily a racist - though it just seems to me to be a very poor way of maintaining equality, sort of like leaping from side to side on a balancing board instead of just standing in the center.

In conclusion, personal attacks.

Big D - your ignorance and misplaced hatred makes me physically ill.

Cousin Vinnie - your surprising ability to sound like you have a head on your shoulders while, at the same time, clearly displaying your prejudice... it scares the fuck out of me.

OCA & RWA - you guys are acting like children. I doubt that RWA is a racist, and I doubt that OCA engages in sex acts with his mother. Sheesh.

Edited: Sorry, NewGuy.

A fairly accurate assessment nescientist. Of course, I believe the policy has no place in our society, like you used to feel.

Welcome to the board.

What did I prove you right on? Did you already confess to abject ignorance? I guess you WERE right, in that case.

Being against affirmative action is not racist.

That you have a race based agenda. The fact is you never dispute anything any of the white supremists believe. Do you also believe that Blacks are inferior?

Same question for you Vinnie, do you like your bud D believe that Blacks are inferior to whites? Simple question.

Originally posted by OCA
That you have a race based agenda. The fact is you never dispute anything any of the white supremists believe. Do you also believe that Blacks are inferior?

Some are, some aren't. It's irrelevant, anyway. Policies of our government and institutions should be colorblind. That's it. That's all.

Originally posted by nescientist
This is my first post on this board, and honestly reading through this thread has not inspired a lot of confidence in the quality of discussion here.

By this particular thread, that would be a correct assessment.

NewGuy - Please, put the Bible down and nobody will get hurt.

You have just invalidated yourself from being able to define "quality of discussion".

Some are, some aren't. It's irrelevant, anyway. Policies of our government and institutions should be colorblind. That's it. That's all.

Ok is the reverse true? Are some whites inferior to blacks?

Originally posted by OCA
Ok is the reverse true? Are some whites inferior to blacks?

Yes, definitely. I'm white with an iq in the upper 2% of society, but there are probably blacks smarter than me even.

Yes, definitely. I'm white with an iq in the upper 2% of society, but there are probably blacks smarter than me even.

Believe it or not, I am surprised and impressed to hear your perspective like this.

You have just invalidated yourself from being able to define "quality of discussion".
Err... sorry about that one. I thought I deleted that before posting. That was a pointless and rude comment.

Originally posted by OCA
Same question for you Vinnie, do you like your bud D believe that Blacks are inferior to whites? Simple question.

Overall, blacks ARE an inferior race. That's just plain and simple--many things can prove that. However, you all get upset when things aren't "colorblind," so in that case it just depends on the people in question. There are smart whites and dumb whites; there are dumb blacks and there are smart blacks. Just because the black race as a whole IS inferior doesn't mean that every black person you come across is going to be some dumb porch monkey on dope.

Cousin Vinnie - your surprising ability to sound like you have a head on your shoulders while, at the same time, clearly displaying your prejudice... it scares the fuck out of me.

Well, sometimes I let prejudice get the best of me in conversation, but what I say is different from how I act. Nevertheless, that is what living in an 81%-black city does to you!

Err... sorry about that one. I thought I deleted that before posting. That was a pointless and rude comment.

Don't back down nescientist. We don't like weakness. He is a terror with that thing. He knows it.

Don't back down nescientist. We don't like weakness. He is a terror with that thing. He knows it.

No, I am CORRECT with this thing, and I know it.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back