Adultry is costing Tiger about $180M a year

I heard that Tiger is losing some of his sponsors. His absence from golf is estimated to cost Tiger about $180m a year. Was it worth it? <nope>
Not after seeing the photos of his wife-model and the other "women".

How stupid do these "celebrities" have to be to fool around when married??

I can't understand why he got married in the first place.

Trophy ho...
SPL144441_002163300.jpg

Really. Who cares about Tiger Woods and his pack of Ho's?? The guy isn't a faithful hubby, well thats for he and his wife to work out one way or another.

The man is a billioinaire and if he quitt playing golf tomorrow he would never have to work again. Who really cares?? I sure don't.

Ok, since you know so much about race why would racist companies give Tiger contracts worth hundreds of millions if they knew he was married to a white woman?

I already expalined that. Because they thought they could make money off of the deal.

there's no law... Sheesh.

So these companies who knew Tiger married a white woman gave him these huge contracts because they thought they could make money off of him. This scandal happens and they drop him because of racism where as they would have kept a white person even if it cost them money?

Ok, since you know so much about race why would racist companies give Tiger contracts worth hundreds of millions if they knew he was married to a white woman?

I already expalined that. Because they thought they could make money off of the deal.

So these companies who knew Tiger married a white woman gave him these huge contracts because they thought they could make money off of him. This scandal happens and they drop him because of racism where as they would have kept a white person even if it cost them money?
You are still missing my point, This is not a company driven thing it is an average american driven thing.

How about you clarify then what you mean by the 'speed of his downfall' and what you feel would have been different if Tiger weren't mixed race or his wife wasn't white.

I think the speed of sponsors dropping and such would have been slower had this been Greg Norman say. Yah I know he is older and such now, but just as a reference point.

In the south there is a long smoldering resentment against Black males and white females mingling.

Just a lot of little racist aspects figuring in together.

You are kidding right? Racism is part of this, really? You are one of those that find racism in everything right?

First off, Tiger isn't black, he is a wide variety of races. If you really feel a need to classify him by race he is three quarters Asian and only a one eighth black. It is the media that has pushed the black thing, makes a better story that a "black" guy is dominating an "elitist" white man's game. Even black people didn't buy into the claims of him being black until he became such a star, then they decided it would be good for them to pretend. V.J.Singh is much darker than Tiger but he's from Fiji, can't label him as an "African-American". Tiger has some black features and his father was half black so he was better to be the great black hope in the white man's exclusive game, didn't make a difference to the fans, most of his fans are white people. When he walked up the 18th fairway of Augusta, after decimating the field on his way to his first Masters win, it was Southern white people that gave him a standing ovation(try to find a single black person in the crowd). It has been white and Asian people that have been his adoring fans, just like the Williams sisters in Tennis......... the racism, if any, has been coming from the black community. It is commentators from the black community that are faulting Tiger for marrying white and cheating on her with exclusively white women.

What Tiger should be worried about is how his fellow competitors will now feel when he comes back. The advantage of his infallibility is gone, he will now be the one on the defensive, the other players will now see him as human and will no longer be playing for second when he is in a tournament. It was already starting with the hungry younger players but now Tiger's biggest asset has been compromised, his mind. The fans will be shouting out trash talk from the gallery and it will rattle him. He has made Phil Michelson into a hero, watch how he plays in 2010. If I was going head to head with him I would have to ask him why the one women said he was a lousy lay, the snap hooks would be standard all day. Tiger's swing has no room for mistakes caused from lack of concentration, he will be playing from the deep left rough constantly, he'll need to throw his driver away.

The only people that will quit watching golf are the non fans....... golf will be fine, especially when the other guys step up and give Tiger some competition.

How did Tiger Woods get to be 3/4 Asian? When did Tiger's father get to be half Asian? You need to work on the figures!

cablinasian like me:

Tiger on Tiger

it was one of those peculiar, almost farcical moments that occasionally arise in the turgid melodrama of American racial politics. After Tiger Woods won the Masters Tournament, the media went into a veritable orgy of racial sentimentality. The 21-year-old golf phenom was touted as the Great Black Hope, the putter-wielding equivalent of Martin Luther King Jr. Pundits waxed poetic about the cosmic social significance of Woods' feat, and those treacly "I am Tiger Woods" ads seemed to gain complete control of the airwaves. Coinciding with the 50th anniversary celebrations of Jackie Robinson's breaking of baseball's color line -- an event of unimaginably greater significance -- Woods' coronation as the Black Prince of the Country Club gave America a chance to engage in its favorite ritual, the recitation of warm (if not Fuzzy) racial platitudes. While blacks celebrated the triumph of one of their own in a lily-white sport, whites wiped away tears and congratulated themselves on their remarkable progress. The choreographed racial minuet was proceeding as smoothly as a 30-second Nike spot.

And then Tiger Woods said he wasn't actually "black" at all -- he was "Cablinasian."

Woods made his remarks on "Oprah," when he was asked if it bothered him to be called an African-American. "It does," he said. "Growing up, I came up with this name: I'm a 'Cablinasian.'" As in Caucasian-black-Indian-Asian. Woods has a black father (or to be precise, if I am interpreting Woods' reported ancestry correctly, a half-black, one-quarter American Indian, one-quarter white father) and a Thai mother (or, with the same caveat, a half-Thai, half-Chinese mother). "I'm just who I am," Woods told Oprah Winfrey, "whoever you see in front of you."

But just "who I am" remained contested ground. According to Time magazine, Woods' coming out as a Cablinasian caused "a mini-racial firestorm ... Woods' remarks infuriated many African Americans who ... see him as a traitor ... Some blacks saw Woods' assertion of a multiracial identity as a sellout that could touch off an epidemic of 'passing.'" Light-skinned Colin Powell, responding to Woods' comments, "In America, which I love from the depths of my heart and soul, when you look like me, you're black."

more at linked title...

You are still missing my point, This is not a company driven thing it is an average american driven thing.

you haven't made a point. All you've said is its racist. So I don't attempt to put words in your mouth or mischaracterize your position may I ask one more time what role racism is playing here?

I already covered that Cawacko.

So I am correct you have no point. You tried to compare Tiger to Greg Norman. Greg Norman was the number one golfer in the world... in the 1980's. The man barely plays any PGA Tour events. The ads you see him in on TV are for his own company. He recently got divorced from Chris Evert. And that is somehow suppose to be comparable to Tiger's situation.

But yes I understand your logic. Tiger Woods is multi race. There is racism in America. Therefore Tiger's situation is racist.

Infallable logic.

I heard that Tiger is losing some of his sponsors. His absence from golf is estimated to cost Tiger about $180m a year. Was it worth it? <nope>

Why anyone gets married: Social Pressure.

Keep thinking on it you might yet figure it out.

Ok, citizen. Seeing as you are about the only trying to play the race angle you sir might want to be the one thinking about it. Won't be holding my breath for that one.

You keep trying to say that I am saying it is the corporations being racist. I keep saying it is the masses the corpies are trying to keep happy and sell product to that are being racist.

Simple , I am suprised you could not grasp the concept.

Last edited:

Why anyone gets married: Social Pressure.

Maybe in Tiger's case. Not in mine.

You keep trying to say it is the corporation being racist. I keep saying it is the masses the corpies are trying to keep happy and sell product to that are being racist.

First of all you are calling the masses that made Tiger the most popular and richest athlete in the world racist. Seems to contradict itself a little bit there.

And is it racist the fact that some people didn't like the idea of the world's most popular athlete getting caught cheating on his wife with a dozen other women?

You keep trying to say it is the corporation being racist. I keep saying it is the masses the corpies are trying to keep happy and sell product to that are being racist.

First of all you are calling the masses that made Tiger the most popular and richest athlete in the world racist. Seems to contradict itself a little bit there.

And is it racist the fact that some people didn't like the idea of the world's most popular athlete getting caught cheating on his wife with a dozen other women?

I have never claimed that racism was all or even a major factor in Tigers fall from grace.
You are the one that keeps using that angle.

I have never claimed that racism was all or even a major factor in Tigers fall from grace.
You are the one that keeps using that angle.

Alright, for the mentally challenged such as myself may I kindly ask you to say again what your belief is here? I reread the thread and still have no clue as to how you are tying racism in here. Thank you.

I just think that because of covert rascism Tigers fall from grace may be accelerated and slower to comeback out of it.

that is all I have been trying to say.

Are you pulling these numbers out of your butt? The latest numbers I heard indicated that between endorsements and winnings he was pulling in about 100 mil per year.

Forum List

Back