Adultry is costing Tiger about $180M a year

I have to wonder about the speed of Tigers downfall...

If perhaps racism figures in at all? His being married to a hot blond white woman?

Yeah I know the racism deniers will zing me, but I think it is a valid point.

Is it possible to argue that if it were not for racism Tiger would be the most well known, popular and richest athlete on the planet? Oh wait, he is the most well known, popular and richest athlete on the planet.

Tigers has been married to Elin for years. If sponsers were racist they wouldn't have given him hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing/advertising contracts.

I'd love for you to find an article on any sporting site that thinks this is racial. I love golf and I love Tiger Woods and I still support him. I've read a hundred articles by sports columnists pro and against Tiger and race hasn't come up once.

Maybe it's your own issues which causes you to think race is involved. You might want to check yourself sir.

If perhaps racism figures in at all? His being married to a hot blond white woman?

Is it possible to argue that if it were not for racism Tiger would be the most well known, popular and richest athlete on the planet? Oh wait, he is the most well known, popular and richest athlete on the planet.

Tigers has been married to Elin for years. If sponsers were racist they wouldn't have given him hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing/advertising contracts.

I'd love for you to find an article on any sporting site that thinks this is racial. I love golf and I love Tiger Woods and I still support him. I've read a hundred articles by sports columnists pro and against Tiger and race hasn't come up once.

Maybe it's your own issues which causes you to think race is involved. You might want to check yourself sir.

I am not referring to the manufacturers racism. Heck they will go with a gay black arabic midget if it makes them money. Now if the public becomes outraged or otherwise disconnects from that front person they will drop them in a heartbeat.

My point was aimed at the public not the corporate sponsors.

Ohh and I admit to having twinges of racism. I try and work on them though unlike the vast majority of folks who grew up where I did. I did not see a live black person till I was 16. And we did not have TV till shortly before then either.

Yep I am a bit racist, but not proud of it and try to do better.

Last edited:

I am not referring to the manufacturers racism. Heck they will go with a gay black arabic midget if it makes them money. Now if the public becomes outraged or otherwise disconnects from that front person they will drop them in a heartbeat.

So if Tiger was married to a black woman no one would care the world's richest and most popular athlete got in an accident at 2:35am backing out of his driveway right after news breaks that he has been cheating and since then a dozen women have come forward claiming affairs? It's only because Elin is white that this makes news?

Ohh and I admit to having twinges of racism. I try and work on them though unlike the vast majority of folks who grew up where I did. I did not see a live black person till I was 16. And we did not have TV till shortly before then either.

Yep I am a bit racist, but not proud of it and try to do better.

All we can do as people is try and better ourselves. No one is perfect. I applaud your effort at improvement. But taking your own issues and trying to put them on everyone else is not cool.

So if Tiger was married to a black woman no one would care the world's richest and most popular athlete got in an accident at 2:35am backing out of his driveway right after news breaks that he has been cheating and since then a dozen women have come forward claiming affairs? It's only because Elin is white that this makes news?

Didn't some other black athletes have marriage problems and did not get zinged like tiger has?
Or white athletes/entertainers for that matter.

You do not understand covert rascism very well. But then you are ini California which is not representative of the midwest or biblebelt.

Didn't some other black athletes have marriage problems and did not get zinged like tiger has?
Or white athletes/entertainers for that matter.

You do not understand covert rascism very well. But then you are ini California which is not representative of the midwest or biblebelt.

Which part of Tiger is the richest most well known athlete on the planet Earth are you having challenges understanding? He is a global icon. What he does is going to get more coverage than any other athlete. You yourself have said numerous times you don't follow sports and its showing quite evidently here.

Look at the music industry. There are plenty of crazy people in music but none would ever get as much coverage as Michael Jackson because he was the best known entertainer on the planet.

Look at another high profile cheater Bill Clinton. There were people who voted for Bill Clinton who supported Bill Clinton that were disappointed in his behavior. Where they reverse racists?

And what white athlete are you referencing that got caught cheating and you feel no one cared? What was his status compared to Tiger?

Do you have any examples here or are you just trying to throw out racism to see what sticks on a wall?

Last edited:
I have lived and worked in many areas of the country.
I have noticed different forms and level of racism trends in different parts of the USA.

Generally the western states tend to be less racist. The midwest a higher level of racism. And the bible belt south the highest levels of racism. Covert racism is VERY alive in the bible belt. Overt racism in the bible belt still exists very well. They have just learned how to stay out of legal trouble for the most part.
I saw many Dems who who by their own admissions would have voted for hillary but would not vote for a damn ****** (pardon, just used for accuracy).

I have noticed different forms and level of racism trends in different parts of the USA.

Generally the western states tend to be less racist. The midwest a higher level of racism. And the bible belt south the highest levels of racism. Covert racism is VERY alive in the bible belt. Overt racism in the bible belt still exists very well. They have just learned how to stay out of legal trouble for the most part.
I saw many Dems who who by their own admissions would have voted for hillary but would not vote for a damn ****** (pardon, just used for accuracy).

Ok. (Since you are generalizing areas don't leave out the Northeast which is very racist in its own right).

So because there is racism in the U.S. what is happening to Tiger now due to racism? Your argument is if the world's best known and richest athlete wasn't mixed race no one would care that he crashed backing out of his drive way at 2:30am Thanksgiving night right after his wife found out he was cheating and then a dozen women have come forth since claiming affairs with him?

Ok. (Since you are generalizing areas don't leave out the Northeast which is very racist in its own right).

So because there is racism in the U.S. what is happening to Tiger now due to racism? Your argument is if the world's best known and richest athlete wasn't mixed race no one would care that he crashed backing out of his drive way at 2:30am Thanksgiving night right after his wife found out he was cheating and then a dozen women have come forth since claiming affairs with him?

You are misrepresenting my position, reread my first post in this thread about possible influence of racism.

You are misrepresenting my position, reread my first post in this thread about possible influence of racism.

How about you clarify then what you mean by the 'speed of his downfall' and what you feel would have been different if Tiger weren't mixed race or his wife wasn't white.

How about you clarify then what you mean by the 'speed of his downfall' and what you feel would have been different if Tiger weren't mixed race or his wife wasn't white.

I think the speed of sponsors dropping and such would have been slower had this been Greg Norman say. Yah I know he is older and such now, but just as a reference point.

In the south there is a long smoldering resentment against Black males and white females mingling.

Just a lot of little racist aspects figuring in together.

I think the speed of sponsors dropping and such would have been slower had this been Greg Norman say. Yah I know he is older and such now, but just as a reference point.

In the south there is a long smoldering resentment against Black males and white females mingling.

Greg Norman? Well Greg Norman also wouldn't have advertising contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

When you play a "gentleman's game" and companies invest $100 million dollars in someone and then this comes out what do you expect the reaction to be?

And before you said it was the fans who were racist and not the companies and now you are saying the companies are racist. WTF is that?

Since I've read a number of black columnists write about Tiger and not one of them have brought up race it sounds like its a personal issue for you.

And if Tiger marrying a white woman was a problem why would companies give Tiger hundreds of millions of dollars to market their product to begin with? There's no law that says companies must choose Tiger as the face of their company.

You have zero evidence and zero backing here.

Greg Norman? Well Greg Norman also wouldn't have advertising contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

When you play a "gentleman's game" and companies invest $100 million dollars in someone and then this comes out what do you expect the reaction to be?

And before you said it was the fans who were racist and not the companies and now you are saying the companies are racist. WTF is that?

Since I've read a number of black columnists write about Tiger and not one of them have brought up race it sounds like its a personal issue for you.

And if Tiger marrying a white woman was a problem why would companies give Tiger hundreds of millions of dollars to market their product to begin with? There's no law that says companies must choose Tiger as the face of their company.

Says you ;)

Says you ;)

Ok, since you know so much about race why would racist companies give Tiger contracts worth hundreds of millions if they knew he was married to a white woman?

You are kidding right? Racism is part of this, really? You are one of those that find racism in everything right?

First off, Tiger isn't black, he is a wide variety of races. If you really feel a need to classify him by race he is three quarters Asian and only a one eighth black. It is the media that has pushed the black thing, makes a better story that a "black" guy is dominating an "elitist" white man's game. Even black people didn't buy into the claims of him being black until he became such a star, then they decided it would be good for them to pretend. V.J.Singh is much darker than Tiger but he's from Fiji, can't label him as an "African-American". Tiger has some black features and his father was half black so he was better to be the great black hope in the white man's exclusive game, didn't make a difference to the fans, most of his fans are white people. When he walked up the 18th fairway of Augusta, after decimating the field on his way to his first Masters win, it was Southern white people that gave him a standing ovation(try to find a single black person in the crowd). It has been white and Asian people that have been his adoring fans, just like the Williams sisters in Tennis......... the racism, if any, has been coming from the black community. It is commentators from the black community that are faulting Tiger for marrying white and cheating on her with exclusively white women.

What Tiger should be worried about is how his fellow competitors will now feel when he comes back. The advantage of his infallibility is gone, he will now be the one on the defensive, the other players will now see him as human and will no longer be playing for second when he is in a tournament. It was already starting with the hungry younger players but now Tiger's biggest asset has been compromised, his mind. The fans will be shouting out trash talk from the gallery and it will rattle him. He has made Phil Michelson into a hero, watch how he plays in 2010. If I was going head to head with him I would have to ask him why the one women said he was a lousy lay, the snap hooks would be standard all day. Tiger's swing has no room for mistakes caused from lack of concentration, he will be playing from the deep left rough constantly, he'll need to throw his driver away.

The only people that will quit watching golf are the non fans....... golf will be fine, especially when the other guys step up and give Tiger some competition.

Says you ;)

Ok, since you know so much about race why would racist companies give Tiger contracts worth hundreds of millions if they knew he was married to a white woman?

I already expalined that. Because they thought they could make money off of the deal.

there's no law... Sheesh.

You are kidding right? Racism is part of this, really? You are one of those that find racism in everything right?

First off, Tiger isn't black, he is a wide variety of races. If you really feel a need to classify him by race he is three quarters Asian and only a one eighth black. It is the media that has pushed the black thing, makes a better story that a "black" guy is dominating an "elitist" white man's game. Even black people didn't buy into the claims of him being black until he became such a star, then they decided it would be good for them to pretend. V.J.Singh is much darker than Tiger but he's from Fiji, can't label him as an "African-American". Tiger has some black features and his father was half black so he was better to be the great black hope in the white man's exclusive game, didn't make a difference to the fans, most of his fans are white people. When he walked up the 18th fairway of Augusta, after decimating the field on his way to his first Masters win, it was Southern white people that gave him a standing ovation(try to find a single black person in the crowd). It has been white and Asian people that have been his adoring fans, just like the Williams sisters in Tennis......... the racism, if any, has been coming from the black community. It is commentators from the black community that are faulting Tiger for marrying white and cheating on her with exclusively white women.

What Tiger should be worried about is how his fellow competitors will now feel when he comes back. The advantage of his infallibility is gone, he will now be the one on the defensive, the other players will now see him as human and will no longer be playing for second when he is in a tournament. It was already starting with the hungry younger players but now Tiger's biggest asset has been compromised, his mind. The fans will be shouting out trash talk from the gallery and it will rattle him. He has made Phil Michelson into a hero, watch how he plays in 2010. If I was going head to head with him I would have to ask him why the one women said he was a lousy lay, the snap hooks would be standard all day. Tiger's swing has no room for mistakes caused from lack of concentration, he will be playing from the deep left rough constantly, he'll need to throw his driver away.

The only people that will quit watching golf are the non fans....... golf will be fine, especially when the other guys step up and give Tiger some competition.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTULGGv116w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTULGGv116w[/ame]

The reason that Tiger has so much media attention right now?

First........it was the amount of exposure that he had. You couldn't watch TV for more than 30 min without seeing him at LEAST once on a commercial.

Next, factor in the fact that everyone likes it when someone really high up (i.e. Tiger), gets into a situation that makes the average person feel better than them. Tiger has fallen, and a lot of people are feeling better about themselves, because morally, they feel more "right" than Mr. Woods.

Multiply that by the number of women, and you've got a rough idea as to how long Mr. Woods is going to have to deal with being looked down on.

But, the longer he takes to come out, the worse (and longer) the bad publicity will be.

The reason that Tiger has so much media attention right now?

First........it was the amount of exposure that he had. You couldn't watch TV for more than 30 min without seeing him at LEAST once on a commercial.

Next, factor in the fact that everyone likes it when someone really high up (i.e. Tiger), gets into a situation that makes the average person feel better than them. Tiger has fallen, and a lot of people are feeling better about themselves, because morally, they feel more "right" than Mr. Woods.

Multiply that by the number of women, and you've got a rough idea as to how long Mr. Woods is going to have to deal with being looked down on.

But, the longer he takes to come out, the worse (and longer) the bad publicity will be.

Very true!!! I'm surprised no interns from Dave Letterman's show have come out and said they've had sex with Tiger Woods....
remember that old commercial "I'm Tiger Woods"...I wonder if SNL will put a new spin on it..."I f*cked Tiger Woods."

Forum List

Back