Accurate history is dead in the USA...unless you educate YOURSELF!!!

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
I have a friend who is a Lt in the Air Force and he threw this up on facebook:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

How fucked up is that? Sigh...idiots are everywhere it seems.

Anyway, organized education is not education at all the more and more it seems like the only way one can learn truth is to study on your own...damn friggin sad and depressing if you ask me.

Oh well....when I think of the USA and the current society that dwells within and calls themselves "Americans" I think of an innocent person (representing American principles) being drawn and quartered by those who are indoctrinated by those who have power and control...

...yeah...Education is dead. Teach yourself, it's the only way now. Question with boldness everything you hear from everyone and especially self proclaimed "experts". Chances are its bullshit. First hand sources are the only way to know history now.

Last edited:
We don't seem to learn very much from history anyway.
We keep screwing up in the same ways over and over.

That isn't because we don't learn from history, it's because we dont know history and/or learn revisionist history.

both sides have plans and schemes to muddle , confusticate, or discredit facts that are inconvenient to them.
This also includes corporations, etc.

the end result is the same, we keep making the same mistakes over and over.
Seems like it would have to work sometime?

Wacko humans.

That isn't because we don't learn from history, it's because we dont know history and/or learn revisionist history.

both sides have plans and schemes to muddle , confusticate, or discredit facts that are inconvenient to them.
This also includes corporations, etc.

the end result is the same, we keep making the same mistakes over and over.
Seems like it would have to work sometime?

Wacko humans.

That's my whole fucking point, jacko. You can't trust ANYONE. that IS MY POINT. I wish the general populace would value perhaps studying the federalist papers as a family instead of watching the biggest loser or whatever people watch to kill brain cells these days.

Mistakes over and over is because people forget. It is easy to forget...that is why the cycle repeats. I continue to have faith, but it is not blind faith...it is "Holy shit we need a miracle or we are fucked" kind of faith.

Last edited:
if they would only study. Instead they are pretty much programmed parrots.
We eagerly let oursleves be led into this.

And still are.

if they would only study. Instead they are pretty much programmed parrots.
We eagerly let oursleves be led into this.

And still are.

I am happy we agree on something, it's a shame it has to be on something negative instead of positive. Oh well.

That quote comes from Ben Franklin.

Benjamin Franklin - Wikiquote

yes, that is the point...it's sad that people...especially military officers think someone as terrible as FDR said such a good quote and the reason why I decided to share his ignorance with everyone on USMB. Also, posted it to use as an example to describe the ridiculously high amount of incorrect information that people spread. Ignorance begets ignorance.

Last edited:
That quote comes from Ben Franklin.

Benjamin Franklin - Wikiquote

yes, that is the point...it's sad that people...especially military officers think someone as terrible as FDR said such a good quote.

And thus..

Another point down the toilet.

Should I have said in the main post that the quote was wrongly identified? Is it so wrong to give those on USMB the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what's wrong with it from first seeing it? You obviously noticed it and had to point it out, so I am sure others do too.

yes, that is the point...it's sad that people...especially military officers think someone as terrible as FDR said such a good quote.

And thus..

Should I have said in the main post that the quote was wrongly identified? Is it so wrong to give those on USMB the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what's wrong with it from first seeing it? You obviously noticed it and had to point it out, so I am sure others do too.

Seriously.

I don't know what you guys mean by a terrible education..but when I went to school they were more or less objective about history. They weren't going "this president was good and this one was bad" they basically just told their stories.

I don't know..maybe something changed. But your point was supposebly about a "bad education" and for me..one of the worst types education...are where the educator or materials are subjective. And one of the scary things I am watching is that conservatives are trying to do just that. Make education subjective.

And thus..

Seriously.

I don't know what you guys mean by a terrible education..but when I went to school they were more or less objective about history. They weren't going "this president was good and this one was bad" they basically just told their stories.

I don't know..maybe something changed. But your point was supposebly about a "bad education" and for me..one of the worst types education...are where the educator or materials are subjective. And one of the scary things I am watching is that conservatives are trying to do just that. Make education subjective.

Can you please not be a partisan hack in one thread? The point is the only way one will arrive at the TRUTH is if they discover it themselves these days. Teachers/professors/experts are worthless no matter what the political bullshit is that they represent and are attempting to brainwash people with. Read first-hand accounts, not opinions, that is how you discover truth.

Seriously.

Can you please not be a partisan hack in one thread? The point is the only way one will arrive at the TRUTH is if they discover it themselves these days. Teachers/professors/experts are worthless no matter what the political bullshit is that they represent and are attempting to brainwash people with. Read first-hand accounts, not opinions, that is how you discover truth.

Can "I" not be a partisan hack? You are the one that called, FDR, terrible.

Get a grip. :lol:

Seriously.

Can "I" not be a partisan hack? You are the one that called, FDR, terrible.

Get a grip. :lol:

So you think FDR agreed with the quote? REALLY?

From 2001 to 2008, 2.4 million jobs were moved to China. We were tricked into Invading Iraq. These events are less than 10 years old. Americans refuse to believe them, especially the right wing. How likely are they to believe in history when they don't believe what happened last year?

From 2001 to 2008, 2.4 million jobs were moved to China. We were tricked into Invading Iraq. These events are less than 10 years old. Americans refuse to believe them, especially the right wing. How likely are they to believe in history when they don't believe what happened last year?

Jobs moved to China because of the government regulations and inflated dollar.
The government was tricked into invading Iraq (ask Hilary, she voted for it).

Sounds like the government is quite the douche.

Jobs moved to china becuase of cheap labor and virtually no environmental regs.

ie increase profit.

ie increase profit.

my point is still valid, government and federal reserve chased out the corporations and simple jobs.

ie increase profit.

my point is still valid, government and federal reserve chased out the corporations and simple jobs.

No it's not. Americans can't compete with an 88 dollar a month minimum wage. Then you have the Chinese government spending millions here so our government will subsidize teaching Chinese to take our jobs.

Then add in the Chinese government sponsored companies selling products below the cost of the products to drive competition out of business. This is how they do it. It has nothing to do with "taxes" and other Republican lies. I can't believe you guys still fall for that. You sit in front of the Internet. Go look stuff up. It's better to know the truth.

Forum List

Back