Academy Awards Are a Farce

I did not put anyone down. If you are offended, that is your issue, not mine.
:disagree: Now >> :bigboy: and admit you said something bad.

I think most people looking at post # 159, would get that you were demeaning USMB, and thereby all of us in it.

What? No. Just no. If you receive psychological injury from insults on an internet board full of trolls and assholes, you are a pussy. Or better yet, a snowflake. YOu may not like it, but psychologically injured? That is ridiculous.

And if that is the way you truly think, your own insulting posts are attempts at creating a psychological injury. That makes you an even bigger asshole.
My posts, wherever insulting, are not at people 65 years of age or older, and thus not violation of FL statute 825.102. And since you know that I am over 65, living in Florida, you are continuing to violate this 3rd degree felony. I'm waiting for a return call from an attorney.

I'll let them assess, not you.

I did not put anyone down. If you are offended, that is your issue, not mine.
:disagree: Now >> :bigboy: and admit you said something bad.

I think most people looking at post # 159, would get that you were demeaning USMB, and thereby all of us in it.

I said I was a published writer, and you replied that you were too. On USMB.

In that context, if anyone is offended by my saying "Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish", they are idiots. I said nothing about the quality of the people or of their posts. I simply ridiculed you for claiming that your posts here are the equivalent of having your writings published.

My intent was clear. Your response is simply a diversion attempt.

What? No. Just no. If you receive psychological injury from insults on an internet board full of trolls and assholes, you are a pussy. Or better yet, a snowflake. YOu may not like it, but psychologically injured? That is ridiculous.

And if that is the way you truly think, your own insulting posts are attempts at creating a psychological injury. That makes you an even bigger asshole.
My posts, wherever insulting, are not at people 65 years of age or older, and thus not violation of FL statute 825.102. And since you know that I am over 65, living in Florida, you are continuing to violate this 3rd degree felony. I'm waiting for a return call from an attorney.

I'll let them assess, not you.

Ok, dumbass. Feel free to try and have me prosecuted for expressing my opinion on your intellect. And feel free to claim that I have injured you. LMAO! How about "snowflake"? Is that also a felony violation?

[

In that context, if anyone is offended by my saying "Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish", they are idiots. I said nothing about the quality of the people or of their posts. I simply ridiculed you for claiming that your posts here are the equivalent of having your writings published.

And I now ridicule you for your foolish attempt at ridicule. I'm not sure what criteria you are using to establish equivalency, but mine is the quality of the writing.

.Again I repeat >> Our writings here in USMB are the equivalent of any writings published anywhere, and many published here are by far superior to many things published in wherever you're talking about.

I've seen some of the most idiotic things published in the New York Times, Tampa Bay Times, Washington Post, and other places, I don't grant acceptance to them based on where they're published. I grant only according to quality, and much of their's is inferior, just as many Academy Award recipients are.

Yes, your intent is clear. You demeaned everyone here at USMB, and now you're trying to BS your way out of it, while everyone here knows what your intent was.

Nothing's changed. :bigboy: and admit you said something bad.

And you also didn't finish your sentence. You started saying >> "if anyone is offended by my saying "Published in USMB? You must be so proud."

Well, If they were offended, then what ?

Ok, dumbass. Feel free to try and have me prosecuted for expressing my opinion on your intellect. And feel free to claim that I have injured you. LMAO! How about "snowflake"? Is that also a felony violation?

1. I don't need your OK to have somebody prosecuted.

2. I made no reference to have anyone "prosecuted" (your word, not mine).

3. The call to the attorney was for the purpose of just inquiring about how many people are serving time in Florida prisons for statute 825.102, and what insulting words (from anyone) interface with the phrase "psychological injury". the call I made was in an informative context only, but since you mention prosecution, OK, I'll ask about that too, and the words "dumbass' and "snowflake". You should get plenty of information, Mr Question Mark.

And don't forget >> :chillpill: :chillpill:[/QUOTE]

[

And I now ridicule you for your foolish attempt at ridicule. I'm not sure what criteria you are using to establish equivalency, but mine is the quality of the writing.

.Again I repeat >> Our writings here in USMB are the equivalent of any writings published anywhere, and many published here are by far superior to many things published in wherever you're talking about.

I've seen some of the most idiotic things published in the New York Times, Tampa Bay Times, Washington Post, and other places, I don't grant acceptance to them based on where they're published. I grant only according to quality, and much of their's is inferior, just as many Academy Award recipients are.

Yes, your intent is clear. You demeaned everyone here at USMB, and now you're trying to BS your way out of it, while everyone here knows what your intent was.

Nothing's changed. :bigboy: and admit you said something bad.

And you also didn't finish your sentence. You started saying >> "if anyone is offended by my saying "Published in USMB? You must be so proud."

Well, If they were offended, then what ?

Funny that you don't post the entire quote. "Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish"

I wonder how many people consider themselves to be published authors because they post on USMB?

If someone was offended? That is their issue, not mine.

1. I don't need your OK to have somebody prosecuted.

2. I made no reference to have anyone "prosecuted" (your word, not mine).

3. The call to the attorney was for the purpose of just inquiring about how many people are serving time in Florida prisons for statute 825.102, and what insulting words (from anyone) interface with the phrase "psychological injury". the call I made was in an informative context only, but since you mention prosecution, OK, I'll ask about that too, and the words "dumbass' and "snowflake". You should get plenty of information, Mr Question Mark.

And don't forget >> :chillpill: :chillpill:
[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!

Funny that you don't post the entire quote. "Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish"

I wonder how many people consider themselves to be published authors because they post on USMB?

I guess it depends on the way you define the word 'published". I always thought it meant having your words appear in "public", to a very wide audience (like millions of people). This is what the word publish comes from.

So regardless of what people "consider", yes they are published authors, as much as anyone being published anywhere, including laughingstock publications like the New York Times, which has been a laughingstock, ever since they were taken to the woodshed by the National Enquirer, almost 40 years ago.

As for you not caring if USMB posters, authors, moderators, administrators, etc are offended, that indeed would be your issue, as well as theirs (whether you know it or not). No charge for the tutoring.

I guess it depends on the way you define the word 'published". I always thought it meant having your words appear in "public", to a very wide audience (like millions of people). This is what the word publish comes from.

So regardless of what people "consider", yes they are published authors, as much as anyone being published anywhere, including laughingstock publications like the New York Times, which has been a laughingstock, ever since they were taken to the woodshed by the National Enquirer, almost 40 years ago.

As for you not caring if USMB posters, authors, moderators, administrators, etc are offended, that indeed would be your issue, as well as theirs (whether you know it or not). No charge for the tutoring.

No, it is not my issue. If someone is offended, that is because they obviously misinterpreted my comments based on the edited version you posted.

If you want to consider posting on USMB as being "published", my quote also covered that. "Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish"

No, it is not my issue. If someone is offended, that is because they obviously misinterpreted my comments based on the edited version you posted.

If you want to consider posting on USMB as being "published", my quote also covered that. "Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish"
You may call it what you wish. Some people call trucks, covered wagons. No law against it. At this point, I'd be OK with just about anything you say - as long as you're not saying it to me.

You may call it what you wish. Some people call trucks, covered wagons. No law against it. At this point, I'd be OK with just about anything you say - as long as you're not saying it to me.

I call it like I see it. My point was simple and clear.

OK - this the musical piece I tried to put into the OP and couldn't get it in. I slipped up a tiny bit on 3 notes toward the end, but got 97% done OK. This is what I consider to be an artistic accomplishment, in contrast to acting, which really anyone can do. And I didn't get paid millions of $$ for this.

In any case, for anyone interested in the music, It's a baroque (1689) piece played in 3 parts on the mandolin (flat bridge cousin of the VIOlin). Comes from the dual coronation of King William III & Queen Mary II. It's called "Rights of Man", and is a Irish style tune, composed in connection with the 1688 Declaration of the Rights of Man, and "bill of rights", by the English parliament.

It has historical significance in European history, and American also, as one of the forerunners of our US Constitution.
Terrible.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Who cares ? Are you kidding ? I haven't gone to a movie in 32 years. Can you think if anythung more meaningless ?

New movies are not needed. There are tens if thousands of movies out there (most on DVD). Thousands just from 2000 AD and newer.

Awards for what ? Acting ? Playing make believe ? We all act during our lives. This is something nonspecial, that requires little skill. Who hasn't recieved a birthday present, and acted as if they really liked it ?

Isn't it bad enough we have the ludicrous Grammys, with "awards" going to people who couldn't play a chord on a guitar or piano ? Some do nothing more than just talk (often profanity and racism) into a microphone.

How long can you stand seeing unimportant, grossly overpaid people who laughably think they're important ? This is me playing the baroque tune "Rights of Man" * on the mandolin. If any of the actors who just received an "award" can do this, I'll consider them deserving of an award.

* A tune of some difficulty, with 4 continuous triplets, played twice in 2 different octaves, and in the key of G (a bit more difficult key on the mandolin, than the typical/easier keys of D and A)

clip_image002.png

"Western Civilization Calls It Quits After Historic Run"
article-3772-1.jpg

Nation Breathes Sigh Of Relief As Ocasio-Cortez Comes Out Against Having Children

Who cares ? Are you kidding ? I haven't gone to a movie in 32 years. Can you think if anythung more meaningless ?

New movies are not needed. There are tens if thousands of movies out there (most on DVD). Thousands just from 2000 AD and newer.

Awards for what ? Acting ? Playing make believe ? We all act during our lives. This is something nonspecial, that requires little skill. Who hasn't recieved a birthday present, and acted as if they really liked it ?

Isn't it bad enough we have the ludicrous Grammys, with "awards" going to people who couldn't play a chord on a guitar or piano ? Some do nothing more than just talk (often profanity and racism) into a microphone.

How long can you stand seeing unimportant, grossly overpaid people who laughably think they're important ? This is me playing the baroque tune "Rights of Man" * on the mandolin. If any of the actors who just received an "award" can do this, I'll consider them deserving of an award.

* A tune of some difficulty, with 4 continuous triplets, played twice in 2 different octaves, and in the key of G (a bit more difficult key on the mandolin, than the typical/easier keys of D and A)

clip_image002.png

article-3772-1.jpg

Nation Breathes Sigh Of Relief As Ocasio-Cortez Comes Out Against Having Children

A guy wears a tuxedo gown and Western Civilization calls it quits? LMAO!! It must have already been on life support.

clip_image002.png

article-3772-1.jpg

A guy wears a tuxedo gown and Western Civilization calls it quits? LMAO!! It must have already been on life support.

Did you get a fitting for yours yet?

clip_image002.png

article-3772-1.jpg

I have a kilt. Does that count?

clip_image002.png

article-3772-1.jpg

I have a kilt. Does that count?

Bet you cut quite the figure......but now I'm shorting Western Civilization.

The people at the Oscars are outliers. It certainly doesn't augur well for any civilization when gender lines are blurred and even erased. It means anything can be turned on it's head (death is good, freedom is unnecessary, lies are truth).

This guy in his gown isn't the end. But it is a sign.

Forum List

Back