Academy Awards Are a Farce

And my response was meant to point out that the reason is more often that they choose not to devote the time to learning to play.
I've met many people who gave up on the guitar. Most found learning it to be too much work, and too difficult to do -it's actually a cinch compared to the violin (or any of the bowed instruments)

Yes indeed. That shows my point.

I think. Yes. You might try it sometime. No, I do not choose to think a certain way. I think.

As for my emotions getting in the way, that is laughable coming from someone who claims to have called the police because someone called them a dumbass. That is about as emotional a response as I have seen. It only got funnier when you insisted that hundreds of people have gone to prison it.

I am sure you will CHOOSE to ignore this last bit. I would too if I had been so emotional and lied to continue the farce.
So you're saying then that the Florida legislators who wrote the law (statute 825.102) were overemotional, and you laugh at them. As for hundreds of people going to prison from this law, yes they have.

And isn't it discreet of me to not call YOU a "dumbass", when you refer to me a as a liar. I guess I don't see scolding you, as too necessary a thing. You punish yourself. But you do as you CHOOSE. :dig:

Oh, and I am not saying the legislators were overly emotional. The law they wrote does not include anything resembling what you claim you called the police on someone here about. Funny, I have never seen any mention of them going to jail.

Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish.
Don't care where writing is published. I consider my writing here (and that of many others) to be of as much quality as any writing anywhere. Yes, I am proud of my OPs in USMB, and many of my posts, and the numerous notations they've received (agree, thanks, winner, informative)

And millions of people are wrong. I do not think the amount of money made is proof of skill & talent, but if anyone could do it don't you think more would have? The last time I saw the numbers for Equity Actors Union, it was running between 95% and 97% unemployment.
I don't think more would have. Money or no money, most people don't do it, just because they're not where it's being done, don't have the inclination (or money) to travel to it, and are fixed to where they are and what they're doing, just by a sort of inertia.

As Woody Allen once said. >> 90% of life is just showing up.

Oh, and I am not saying the legislators were overly emotional. The law they wrote does not include anything resembling what you claim you called the police on someone here about. Funny, I have never seen any mention of them going to jail.

FALSE! The Florida Abuse of Elderly law refers to both physical and/or psychological injury.

Published in USMB? You must be so proud. No, I am talking about published by a publishing house, and not those that allow you to self publish.
Don't care where writing is published. I consider my writing here (and that of many others) to be of as much quality as any writing anywhere. Yes, I am proud of my OPs in USMB, and many of my posts, and the numerous notations they've received (agree, thanks, winner, informative)

I said nothing about quality. I merely used the word "published". We were discussing your script and the reason it has not been bought. Posting on USMB has nothing to do with that.

And millions of people are wrong. I do not think the amount of money made is proof of skill & talent, but if anyone could do it don't you think more would have? The last time I saw the numbers for Equity Actors Union, it was running between 95% and 97% unemployment.
I don't think more would have. Money or no money, most people don't do it, just because they're not where it's being done, don't have the inclination (or money) to travel to it, and are fixed to where they are and what they're doing, just by a sort of inertia.

As Woody Allen once said. >> 90% of life is just showing up.

Tens of thousands have uprooted their lives and followed their dreams to Hollywood. Most of them didn't make it.

FALSE! The Florida Abuse of Elderly law refers to both physical and/or psychological injury.

So you contend that being called a "dumbass" on USMB cause you psychological injury?

I said nothing about quality. I merely used the word "published". We were discussing your script and the reason it has not been bought. Posting on USMB has nothing to do with that.
And your use of the word "proud". Care to explain that ?

So you contend that being called a "dumbass" on USMB cause you psychological injury?
That + other insults. This is the definition of FL Statute 825.102. You got a definition of psychological injury that differs ? Let's hear it.

Who cares ? Are you kidding ? I haven't gone to a movie in 32 years. Can you think if anythung more meaningless ?

New movies are not needed. There are tens if thousands of movies out there (most on DVD). Thousands just from 2000 AD and newer.

Awards for what ? Acting ? Playing make believe ? We all act during our lives. This is something nonspecial, that requires little skill. Who hasn't recieved a birthday present, and acted as if they really liked it ?

Isn't it bad enough we have the ludicrous Grammys, with "awards" going to people who couldn't play a chord on a guitar or piano ? Some do nothing more than just talk (often profanity and racism) into a microphone.

How long can you stand seeing unimportant, grossly overpaid people who laughably think they're important ? This is me playing the baroque tune "Rights of Man" * on the mandolin. If any of the actors who just received an "award" can do this, I'll consider them deserving of an award.

* A tune of some difficulty, with 4 continuous triplets, played twice in 2 different octaves, and in the key of G (a bit more difficult key on the mandolin, than the typical/easier keys of D and A)

clip_image002.png
Obviously tons of people care because the actors are still paid millions.

Anymore dumb questions?

That + other insults. This is the definition of FL Statute 825.102. You got a definition of psychological injury that differs ? Let's hear it.

I didn't ask about definitions. I asked if your contention was that you were psychologically injured by his insult on USMB.

Were you injured, psychologically or otherwise?

Explain? What needs explaining?
OK, then I'll do the explaining. You said this >> "I said nothing about quality."

Yes, you DID say something about quality. In Post # 159, you said this >>

"Published in USMB? You must be so proud."
That was a sarcastic put-down against the quality of USMB publishing, and writing published in it, and an offensive slight against everyone associated with this forum.

I didn't ask about definitions. I asked if your contention was that you were psychologically injured by his insult on USMB.

Of course. Everyone who is on the receiving end of insults is being psychologically injured. Being offended by them, insults are methods of psychological injury, among others.

Explain? What needs explaining?
OK, then I'll do the explaining. You said this >> "I said nothing about quality."

Yes, you DID say something about quality. In Post # 159, you said this >>

"Published in USMB? You must be so proud."
That was a sarcastic put-down against the quality of USMB publishing, and writing published in it, and an offensive slight against everyone associated with this forum.

I did not put anyone down. If you are offended, that is your issue, not mine.

But we were talking about writing and being published. Anyone can post here as long as they follow basic rules. There is no skill or talent required. Whether you think your posts are works of art is not relevant to my comments.

Of course. Everyone who is on the receiving end of insults is being psychologically injured. Being offended by them, insults are methods of psychological injury, among others.

What? No. Just no. If you receive psychological injury from insults on an internet board full of trolls and assholes, you are a pussy. Or better yet, a snowflake. YOu may not like it, but psychologically injured? That is ridiculous.

And if that is the way you truly think, your own insulting posts are attempts at creating a psychological injury. That makes you an even bigger asshole.

Forum List

Back