Abusive Parenting

Just because I have the ability to turn you into a frog and you want to be one, doesn't mean I should.

But they also need the truth.

The truth in this case is subjective and experiential. There isn't one single truth that is universally applicable to all. You can't speak to someone else's inner truth and identity, dude.
Biology, pillars. If people don't know there is a problem, they wont seek solutions except at the end of a gun. Or throwing themselves out in front of moving semis.
I mean, do you WANT people to kill themselves at an ASTOUNDING rate? I don't.
Even after surgery and all that social bullshit about them being normal, they still have a high suicide rate. That's fuckin crazy. Its on the same level as schizos blowing their head off.
I have someone in my family that suffers from it. I would rather attack the problem instead of putting bandaids on it that don't even work.

Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria....

The aim of trans medical interventions is to bring a trans person’s body more inline with their gender identity, resulting in the measurable diminishment of their gender dysphoria. However trans people as a group also experience significant social oppression in the form of bullying, abuse, rape and hate crimes. Medical transition alone won’t resolve the effects of crushing social oppression: social anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress.

What we’ve found is that treatment models which ignore the effect of cultural oppression and outright hate aren’t enough. We need to understand that our treatment models must be responsive to not only gender dysphoria, but the effects of anti-trans hate as well. That’s what improved care means.
Fact check: study shows transition makes trans people suicidal | The TransAdvocate

Reassignment surgery isn't the end. It's just part of a full treatment plan. But, it is a legitimate piece of a treatment plan for gender dysphoria.

Says exactly WHAT evidence?

Says the link to the study that I posted in the post you quoted, dumbass.

As someone who desperately wants to present him/herself as intellectually lording it over others, you might want to learn the definition of the word "evidence", dumbass.

In the meantime, I will assume the answer to my question is, "I have no evidence, I just have biased opinion asserting itself as fact."

Let me know when you comprehend and can provide EVIDENCE, rather than TransAdvocate getting its frillies into an uproar.

Forget LGBT, abusive parenting is a much bigger topic than just LGBT. Many people are parented abusively. One of my best friends in school was regularly beaten by his father, to the point, that over the years he became a slow kid, and now hardly talks. Now that's abuse. Then there is the even more common more subtle abuse, where they don't hit you too many times, but exploit your child mind, and keep you under constant stress and fear. I know this too, and the fear is only irrational for all the adults, but very rational for the child. You can grow up mentally frozen by such parenting. A prison for life, let's discuss this more wider part of the OP subject here.

Forget LGBT, abusive parenting is a much bigger topic than just LGBT. Many people are parented abusively. One of my best friends in school was regularly beaten by his father, to the point, that over the years he became a slow kid, and now hardly talks. Now that's abuse. Then there is the even more common more subtle abuse, where they don't hit you too many times, but exploit your child mind, and keep you under constant stress and fear. I know this too, and the fear is only irrational for all the adults, but very rational for the child. You can grow up mentally frozen by such parenting. A prison for life, let's discuss this more wider part of the OP subject here.

Very true. Abuse can take many forms. Psychological/emotional, physical/sexual, manipulative (guilt trips and the like).

Very true. Abuse can take many forms. Psychological/emotional, physical/sexual, manipulative (guilt trips and the like).
I must wonder, is there even like 5 % of the human population that doesn't grow up with a parenting induced disability?

I must wonder, is there even like 5 % of the human population that doesn't grow up with a parenting induced disability?
Yeah, most parents aren't fucktards.

Yeah, most parents aren't fucktards.

I don't know about that. Got any stats? :D

As someone who desperately wants to present him/herself as intellectually lording it over others, you might want to learn the definition of the word "evidence", dumbass.

In the meantime, I will assume the answer to my question is, "I have no evidence, I just have biased opinion asserting itself as fact."

Let me know when you comprehend and can provide EVIDENCE, rather than TransAdvocate getting its frillies into an uproar.

The article posted had an interview with a swedish researcher who has studied the subject extensively and also quotes a meta-analysis of the research on the subject from 2010. The interview is posted on a site that advocates for transvestites, but it includes an overview of the research from a credible researcher.

Do you know what the word meta-analysis means? I know you are a little slow, so you can just think of it as evidence.

It's kind of funny when pretentious twats like you fall off your high horse.

Here is the real story of this odd LGBT thread, I asked a social worker I know. Apparently this is very typical, hundreds of files are full with cases of lesbian children in various care arrangements. Mostly they start with the mothers drug addiction during pregnancy, and followed by unsavory environment throughout childhood. These children are master manipulators, and Dhara is a victim of this manipulation.

The OP is with two solution. One is to go ahead with the child's sex change, but this will make the child's future prison term a lot more brutal, considering how male prisons go. This may be though what the child deserves. The other solution is not to go ahead with the sex change. Since the child is female, this is a much safer option, and protects Dhara too from self inflicted ....

As a parent, you have to recognize and accept that you're going to warp your kid in some way. The trick is to do it in a functional manner.

The article posted had an interview with a swedish researcher who has studied the subject extensively and also quotes a meta-analysis of the research on the subject from 2010. The interview is posted on a site that advocates for transvestites, but it includes an overview of the research from a credible researcher.

Do you know what the word meta-analysis means? I know you are a little slow, so you can just think of it as evidence.

What's really funny is when ignorant twats like you find an Internet opinion you like and think you've "proven" or "won" something.

"But . . . but . . . it quoted someone WITH A DEGREE! THOSE people don't have opinions and biases! Everything THEY say must be fact, because DEGREE!"

But feel free to laugh and congratulate yourself. I'm sure the orderlies in your asylum are used to that.

As a courtesy to you, shemale, I will explain that one of the main reasons that studies of transgenders and other people with sex- and gender-related mental illnesses are conducted in Sweden is because acceptance and support of it is so culturally pervasive, which pretty much eliminates the typical excuse of "It wasn't the crazy that made them suicidal, it was everyone refusing to pretend they were sane!"

What does that mean (because it's pretty obvious that you don't have the logic skills to find your own ass with a map and a Native American guide)? It means your "Swedish researcher", quoted in your "No, really, believe us!" advocacy site, is culturally prejudiced to frame everything in terms of "Any possibility that transgenderism is wrong is automatically off the table. Now that we've assumed it's wonderful and normal . . ."

Furthermore, ass clown, your little dodge of, "The site's bias doesn't matter" only works for people as functionally illiterate and piss-stupid as you are. For people who can read and comprehend, it's painfully obvious that the bullshit advocacy site quoted the interview BECAUSE the interview is every bit as biased as the site.

What's really funny is when ignorant twats like you find an Internet opinion you like and think you've "proven" or "won" something.

"But . . . but . . . it quoted someone WITH A DEGREE! THOSE people don't have opinions and biases! Everything THEY say must be fact, because DEGREE!"

But feel free to laugh and congratulate yourself. I'm sure the orderlies in your asylum are used to that.

As a courtesy to you, shemale, I will explain that one of the main reasons that studies of transgenders and other people with sex- and gender-related mental illnesses are conducted in Sweden is because acceptance and support of it is so culturally pervasive, which pretty much eliminates the typical excuse of "It wasn't the crazy that made them suicidal, it was everyone refusing to pretend they were sane!"

What does that mean (because it's pretty obvious that you don't have the logic skills to find your own ass with a map and a Native American guide)? It means your "Swedish researcher", quoted in your "No, really, believe us!" advocacy site, is culturally prejudiced to frame everything in terms of "Any possibility that transgenderism is wrong is automatically off the table. Now that we've assumed it's wonderful and normal . . ."

Furthermore, ass clown, your little dodge of, "The site's bias doesn't matter" only works for people as functionally illiterate and piss-stupid as you are. For people who can read and comprehend, it's painfully obvious that the bullshit advocacy site quoted the interview BECAUSE the interview is every bit as biased as the site.

images

The swedish researcher wasn't giving her opinion, she was overviewing a research study she conducted, and a meta-analysis of other research studies on the subject.

You are a moron. :lol:

images

The swedish researcher wasn't giving her opinion, she was overviewing a research study she conducted, and a meta-analysis of other research studies on the subject.

About that...

Methods  We searched electronic databases, bibliography of included studies and expert files. All study designs were included with no language restrictions. Reviewers working independently and in pairs selected studies using predetermined inclusion and exclusion criteria, extracted outcome and quality data. We used a random-effects meta-analysis to pool proportions and estimate the 95% confidence intervals (CIs). We estimated the proportion of between-study heterogeneity not attributable to chance using the I2 statistic.

Results  We identified 28 eligible studies. These studies enrolled 1833 participants with GID (1093 male-to-female, 801 female-to-male) who underwent sex reassignment that included hormonal therapies. All the studies were observational and most lacked controls. Pooling across studies shows that after sex reassignment, 80% of individuals with GID reported significant improvement in gender dysphoria (95% CI = 68–89%; 8 studies; I2 = 82%); 78% reported significant improvement in psychological symptoms (95% CI = 56–94%; 7 studies; I2 = 86%); 80% reported significant improvement in quality of life (95% CI = 72–88%; 16 studies; I2 = 78%); and 72% reported significant improvement in sexual function (95% CI = 60–81%; 15 studies; I2 = 78%).

I did not find the inclusion or exclusion criteria. Lacking controls pretty much makes the "study" invalid.

images

About that...

Methods  We searched electronic databases, bibliography of included studies and expert files. All study designs were included with no language restrictions. Reviewers working independently and in pairs selected studies using predetermined inclusion and exclusion criteria, extracted outcome and quality data. We used a random-effects meta-analysis to pool proportions and estimate the 95% confidence intervals (CIs). We estimated the proportion of between-study heterogeneity not attributable to chance using the I2 statistic.

Results  We identified 28 eligible studies. These studies enrolled 1833 participants with GID (1093 male-to-female, 801 female-to-male) who underwent sex reassignment that included hormonal therapies. All the studies were observational and most lacked controls. Pooling across studies shows that after sex reassignment, 80% of individuals with GID reported significant improvement in gender dysphoria (95% CI = 68–89%; 8 studies; I2 = 82%); 78% reported significant improvement in psychological symptoms (95% CI = 56–94%; 7 studies; I2 = 86%); 80% reported significant improvement in quality of life (95% CI = 72–88%; 16 studies; I2 = 78%); and 72% reported significant improvement in sexual function (95% CI = 60–81%; 15 studies; I2 = 78%).

I did not find the inclusion or exclusion criteria. Lacking controls pretty much makes the "study" invalid.

No, it doesn't. Goddamn. Do you have any idea how a meta-analysis actually works?

I think I understand now why you are the yard man.

I think people can be born with a gender that is wrong for them. science backs this up. However, given that circumstances influence the minds of children, pumping hormones in an under aged kid seals their mind and is a form of abuse.

Much better to let them save up the money for the hormones and/or surgery if that is what they really want.

Forum List

Back