Abusive Parenting

But they also need the truth.

The truth in this case is subjective and experiential. There isn't one single truth that is universally applicable to all. You can't speak to someone else's inner truth and identity, dude.
Biology, pillars. If people don't know there is a problem, they wont seek solutions except at the end of a gun. Or throwing themselves out in front of moving semis.
I mean, do you WANT people to kill themselves at an ASTOUNDING rate? I don't.
Even after surgery and all that social bullshit about them being normal, they still have a high suicide rate. That's fuckin crazy. Its on the same level as schizos blowing their head off.
I have someone in my family that suffers from it. I would rather attack the problem instead of putting bandaids on it that don't even work.

Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria....

The aim of trans medical interventions is to bring a trans person’s body more inline with their gender identity, resulting in the measurable diminishment of their gender dysphoria. However trans people as a group also experience significant social oppression in the form of bullying, abuse, rape and hate crimes. Medical transition alone won’t resolve the effects of crushing social oppression: social anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress.

What we’ve found is that treatment models which ignore the effect of cultural oppression and outright hate aren’t enough. We need to understand that our treatment models must be responsive to not only gender dysphoria, but the effects of anti-trans hate as well. That’s what improved care means.
Fact check: study shows transition makes trans people suicidal | The TransAdvocate

Reassignment surgery isn't the end. It's just part of a full treatment plan. But, it is a legitimate piece of a treatment plan for gender dysphoria.
yea, that's why 40% kill themselves.
I didn't click the link because I never said transition makes people suicidal. That would be their illness that does that.

I didn't click the link because I never said transition makes people suicidal. That would be their illness that does that.

You didn't read the link because it debunks your stat, and god knows you're not open to new information that doesn't confirm your confirmation bias.

Yes it does, and is defined by society as a whole, not a subgroup. Not to say that can't change over time.
The majority of the western world doesn't consider homosexuality deviant. It already has changed, but perhaps not in your Podunk neck of the woods.

Yes it does, and is defined by society as a whole, not a subgroup. Not to say that can't change over time.
The majority of the western world doesn't consider homosexuality deviant. It already has changed, but perhaps not in your Podunk neck of the woods.

Well...in my Podunk part of the world, we don't call transgenders homosexuals. I understand NC is different.

You didn't read the link because it debunks your stat, and god knows you're not open to new information that doesn't confirm your confirmation bias.
No, its because the title implies its nothing more than a strawman. And advocacy groups aren't the best source of information :)
Conformation bias? lol come on pillars. I want the people to actually get helped and you make me out to be the bad guy?
You do realize what started this was an agreement except I said they needed truth, too, right?

No, its because the title implies its nothing more than a strawman. And advocacy groups aren't the best source of information :)
Conformation bias? lol come on pillars. I want the people to actually get helped and you make me out to be the bad guy?
You do realize what started this was an agreement except I said they needed truth, too, right?

I didn't link to an advocacy group site, I linked to a fact checking site, which included an interview with the researcher whose study is being misquoted in your 40% claim.

If you'd read the link, you'd have realized that. if you were open to new information, you had an opportunity to seek it out, and chose not to.

Thus, i call them as I see them.

I didn't link to an advocacy group site, I linked to a fact checking site, which included an interview with the researcher whose study is being misquoted in your 40% claim.

If you'd read the link, you'd have realized that. if you were open to new information, you had an opportunity to seek it out, and chose not to.

I will click the link. But in case you missed it after the first two times, the title implied a strawman and advocacy was in the domain name ;)
Give me a min and I will get back with you.

I will click the link. But in case you missed it after the first two times, the title implied a strawman and advocacy was in the domain name ;)

Okay, it is on an advocacy site (sorry, I missed that), but it is a fact-check of how a particular researcher's research has been misquoted, and allows her to set the record straight on her findings.

all im seeing is that we need to lie to them, psychiatric help works and doctors wouldn't recommend a person with anorexia get surgery because it doesn't help disorders.

Okay, it is on an advocacy site (sorry, I missed that), but it is a fact-check of how a particular researcher's research has been misquoted, and allows her to set the record straight on her findings.
you are right. But it didn't have much bearing against my argument. Perhaps even helped it lol

you are right. But it didn't have much bearing against my argument. Perhaps even helped it lol

No, it didn't. I quoted the exact section of her comments that debunked your claim. Try reading. It's not just for smart people.

wait, maybe it is.

No, it didn't. I quoted the exact section of her comments that debunked your claim. Try reading. It's not just for smart people.

wait, maybe it is.
Please do so again, I must have missed it :D

I'm not going to encourage your intellectual laziness, you fucking millennial slacker.

are you talking about this?
Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria....

The aim of trans medical interventions is to bring a trans person’s body more inline with their gender identity, resulting in the measurable diminishment of their gender dysphoria. However trans people as a group also experience significant social oppression in the form of bullying, abuse, rape and hate crimes. Medical transition alone won’t resolve the effects of crushing social oppression: social anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress.

What we’ve found is that treatment models which ignore the effect of cultural oppression and outright hate aren’t enough. We need to understand that our treatment models must be responsive to not only gender dysphoria, but the effects of anti-trans hate as well. That’s what improved care means.

How does that prove me wrong that they commit suicide at 40%? Or that they need truth? Because me saying "truth" is what started this. Biology is truth, social concepts are whatever you want them to be. I don't give a fuck about that.

How does that prove me wrong that they commit suicide at 40%? Or that they need truth? Because me saying "truth" is what started this. Biology is truth, social concepts are whatever you want them to be. I don't give a fuck about that.

You're saying that transgenders suicide at high rates even after reassignment surgery. The section you quoted debunks that.

I'm a little afraid that this subject is slightly over your head, TNSarly.

You're saying that transgenders suicide at high rates even after reassignment surgery. The section you quoted debunks that.
No it didn't, it said it helped with dysphoria... Did you read it? lol Even if, it didn't say specifics. High numbers going down could still be high.

No it didn't, it said it helped with dysphoria... Did you read it? lol Even if, it didn't say specifics. High numbers going down could still be high.

Dysphoria is the medical term for being transgendered. DERP.

Forum List

Back