Abusive Parenting

In the other thread I read that the parent expressed to the kid that she was taking heat here for allowing the hormone treatment. This is the parent looking to a child's opinion for validation. Very sad.

Yer gonna be reported for speaking about something nobody else can speak about except said parent that started the thread to begin with.

And personally, I think discussing with said child what is said on an adult message board about a parents bad parenting to get validation FROM a child making wrong decisions is pretty damn sick.

"Children should be seen and not heard" meaning if you don't shut up...

There seems to be some confusion over what is and isn't "abusive" parenting.

Let's discuss.

If you have an LGBT child and you accept that child for who he or she is, is that ABUSE? Some say it is,

Good parenting is knowing what is reality that needs to be accepted, what is a defect that needs to be fixed, and loving your children no matter what, while still making them better, happier, more functional people.

It's not a job for candy-asses.

When parents beat the crap out of their kids for being LGBT, disown them, force them to be homeless on the streets, that's parental abuse.

Defaulting straight to extremes is bad adulting. You fail. Go back and learn perspective and emotional self-control.

Sexualizing kids...kids I said, let that sink in, is not in society's best interests. Confused kids are not a ticket to turn them into deviants.
17 year olds are pretty sexual, by nature. They're at peak hormone production. In Dhara's defense, I think she is responding to something her child is and has been experiencing and expressing for quite some time. Nor do I think that transsexuals are deviants.

I think you have a pretty narrow view of sexuality.

I did not define the word deviant. It was applied properly as defined. We have 56 years to be an adult on average. I see little reason to define yourself as an adult at 16-18.

Deviant has negative connotations, and in reference to sexuality, is an attempt to make some sexual identities abnormal and incorrect. For people who are gay, lesbian, or transgendered, that gender identity is their normal and correct.

Yes, and for paranoid schizophrenics, the voices in their head are THEIR normal and correct. Can we PLEASE get over this touchy-feely, fuzzy-wuzzy, "How dare you make me feel like there's something wrong with being sick, instead of affirming my illness so I don't feel bad about it" garbage?

There is a negative connation to the word "deviant", because it is NOT, in fact, a desirable state of being to be aspired to. Doesn't mean a person should be demonized, but it DOES mean that person is not going to have as easy a time in life as someone who doesn't have that deviation, and the solution is NOT to pretend that isn't the case, or that society is at fault and needing to change.

Some "sexual identities" ARE abnormal and incorrect. Sometimes, that means they're actively bad - eg. they are extremely harmful to the person and/or others - and sometimes, that just means they include feeling out-of-sync with society and make life more difficult. Again, that doesn't mean SOCIETY is wrong.

But they also need the truth.

The truth in this case is subjective and experiential. There isn't one single truth that is universally applicable to all. You can't speak to someone else's inner truth and identity, dude.
Biology, pillars. If people don't know there is a problem, they wont seek solutions except at the end of a gun. Or throwing themselves out in front of moving semis.
I mean, do you WANT people to kill themselves at an ASTOUNDING rate? I don't.
Even after surgery and all that social bullshit about them being normal, they still have a high suicide rate. That's fuckin crazy. Its on the same level as schizos blowing their head off.
I have someone in my family that suffers from it. I would rather attack the problem instead of putting bandaids on it that don't even work.

Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria....

The aim of trans medical interventions is to bring a trans person’s body more inline with their gender identity, resulting in the measurable diminishment of their gender dysphoria. However trans people as a group also experience significant social oppression in the form of bullying, abuse, rape and hate crimes. Medical transition alone won’t resolve the effects of crushing social oppression: social anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress.

What we’ve found is that treatment models which ignore the effect of cultural oppression and outright hate aren’t enough. We need to understand that our treatment models must be responsive to not only gender dysphoria, but the effects of anti-trans hate as well. That’s what improved care means.
Fact check: study shows transition makes trans people suicidal | The TransAdvocate

Reassignment surgery isn't the end. It's just part of a full treatment plan. But, it is a legitimate piece of a treatment plan for gender dysphoria.

Says exactly WHAT evidence?

i assume the beating child comments are directed at me....i never beat my kidlet over any sexual matters....simple as that....he got it for lying mostly....or simply being meaner than a little snake....parenting is hard ass work if you are willing to be a good parent.....a good parent is not afraid of their child......a good parent can hear their child scream 'i hate you' and not back down...matter of fact when i smacked him upside the head wednesday for lying to me....about dipping ...he even admitted he deserved it...parenting does not stop at some magical age...its a life time adventure

i am the mom....i have walked a lot of paths in my life.....the only fear i have...that the cruel fates would allow me to outlive my child....only a parent knows that feeling.....

The truth in this case is subjective and experiential. There isn't one single truth that is universally applicable to all. You can't speak to someone else's inner truth and identity, dude.
Biology, pillars. If people don't know there is a problem, they wont seek solutions except at the end of a gun. Or throwing themselves out in front of moving semis.
Even after surgery and all that social bullshit about them being normal, they still have a high suicide rate. That's fuckin crazy. Its on the same level as schizos blowing their head off.
I have someone in my family that suffers from it. I would rather attack the problem instead of putting bandaids on it that don't even work.

Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria....

The aim of trans medical interventions is to bring a trans person’s body more inline with their gender identity, resulting in the measurable diminishment of their gender dysphoria. However trans people as a group also experience significant social oppression in the form of bullying, abuse, rape and hate crimes. Medical transition alone won’t resolve the effects of crushing social oppression: social anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress.

What we’ve found is that treatment models which ignore the effect of cultural oppression and outright hate aren’t enough. We need to understand that our treatment models must be responsive to not only gender dysphoria, but the effects of anti-trans hate as well. That’s what improved care means.
Fact check: study shows transition makes trans people suicidal | The TransAdvocate

Reassignment surgery isn't the end. It's just part of a full treatment plan. But, it is a legitimate piece of a treatment plan for gender dysphoria.
yea, that's why 40% kill themselves.
I didn't click the link because I never said transition makes people suicidal. That would be their illness that does that.

And discovering that they mutilated their body, and it didn't solve anything.

All this is stupid, the world isn't all rain bows and unicorns, if you are gay get back in the closet, why do the majority of Americans have to change everything to make the minority fill better, suck it up and put your big girl panties on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

why does every thread dhagra is in revolve around sex and children?

why does every thread dhagra is in revolve around sex and children?

One could speculate she's either having SERIOUS problems with parenting, or had serious problems in her own childhood? Either way, I wonder if perhaps she might benefit from getting off the Internet and seeking REAL therapy.

Well, that certainly invalidates the entire field of psychiatry, then, doesn't it?

It just puts it in context.

I have zero faith in the psychiatric establishment, to be honest. Their default is prescribing medication, and our culture is the most over-medicated on the planet right now.

I certainly don't worship at the altar of the psychiatric establishment, as you appear to do.

Psychiatry is not a hard science.

Last edited:
Yes, and for paranoid schizophrenics, the voices in their head are THEIR normal and correct. Can we PLEASE get over this touchy-feely, fuzzy-wuzzy, "How dare you make me feel like there's something wrong with being sick, instead of affirming my illness so I don't feel bad about it" garbage?

There is a negative connation to the word "deviant", because it is NOT, in fact, a desirable state of being to be aspired to. Doesn't mean a person should be demonized, but it DOES mean that person is not going to have as easy a time in life as someone who doesn't have that deviation, and the solution is NOT to pretend that isn't the case, or that society is at fault and needing to change.

Some "sexual identities" ARE abnormal and incorrect. Sometimes, that means they're actively bad - eg. they are extremely harmful to the person and/or others - and sometimes, that just means they include feeling out-of-sync with society and make life more difficult. Again, that doesn't mean SOCIETY is wrong.

Your judgmental dogmatism doesn't give me the impression that you're any sort of mommy role model.

Thanks for sharing, though.

Says exactly WHAT evidence?

Says the link to the study that I posted in the post you quoted, dumbass.

Well, that certainly invalidates the entire field of psychiatry, then, doesn't it?

It just puts it in context.

I have zero faith in the psychiatric establishment, to be honest. Their default is prescribing medication, and our culture is the most over-medicated on the planet right now.

I certainly don't worship at the altar of the psychiatric establishment, as you appear to do.

Psychiatry is not a hard science.

YOU have zero faith. Oh, well it must all be just bullshit then. Lol. :lol: Pill bottle has given it's "expert" opinion on the psychiatric field.

The "default" now seems to be prescribing hormone PILLS and unnecessary cosmetic surgery, no? That better for you.

Why don't you just say that you don't like the psychiatrists who have the gall to come forward and speak out against people like yourself. :)

The problem is not with these people's bodies. Their bodies are normal. The problem is with their minds, and no amount of cosmetic surgery, dangerous treatments, and makeup is going to fix it.

Some times making it better, without entirely fixing is okay. My problem is with who pays, waiting until the person has a chance to transition to full adulthood in the sex they were born with and an honest and accurate assessment of what good all of this really does.

Forum List

Back