About those Recruiting PMs you might have gotten...

th

But if we go troll over there how can we troll over here? We're of two minds on the subject...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Think of it as a suicide mission.. That way there's no regrets when you fail and get banned. Because after "Game Over" over there -- you get "another life" back over here... LOL....

th

Ya vol mein herr capitan...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Sabaton rocks!

I was always amazed at how BAD the bakeries get once you leave the German border.. I think everything in Netherlands tastes like a cheap hamburger bun compared to german bread and pastry...

Apparently you've never been been to a proper Cuban bakery.

Love Cuban food.. Used to be a place somewhere in St Pete that was famous and HUGE.. Very fancy Cuban cuisine.. Maybe been to a couple Cuban bakeries in Miami... But that was before I cared about great bread and pastries.. I was still in my Ho-Ho phase....

Miami Cuban Bakery is what I had in mind. Yeah, my town has a proper Cuban bakery, but that Vicky Bakery on 54th street just cannot be beat! Cuban bread that melts in your mouth, I think they double sift the flour. There nothing comparable here.
Their "house" breakfast is 1/4 of a piece of Cuban bread with provelone melted on it and Cafe con Leche.

I miss the house breakfast and cafe con leche. I used to ride my Hardly to the cafeteria every morning to get that when I lived in the Keys.

Is a Hardy a kind of moped?? With a Death Angels sticker on it??? :coffee:

Yep. A Hardly. I had a red one. Key West is a 2x4 island. I also rode a '98 Fat Boy until I laid that down twice.

Stand her next to Gal Gadot

Apples and oranges ... shiksas are for practice.

You just made most of the members here to rush to their search engine to look up the meaning of "shiksa"...

Nah. The first few years I was a member here I complained about the fact that Jewish bigotry was allowed, but the bigotry from other ethnic groups was not.

I was ignored by moderators and admin alike.

. . . . and then folks wonder why the Neo-nazi, white supremacist, tin-foil hatter filth come out of the wood work? :aug08_031:

You just made most of the members here to rush to their search engine to look up the meaning of "shiksa"...

Nah. The first few years I was a member here I complained about the fact that Jewish bigotry was allowed, but the bigotry from other ethnic groups was not.

. . . . and then folks wonder why the Neo-nazi, white supremacist, tin-foil hatter filth come out of the wood work? :aug08_031:

Everybody has a First Amendment Right and IF USM chooses to open its doors to all kinds of political beliefs, it is their Right to do so. Like any other board, they pick and choose what you can and cannot say. I suspect a couple of the regular trolls are mods and / or are the board owners under different identities. I even ask a couple of the regular trolls if they are owners or mods here (since they act like they can tell what you can or cannot post.)

Since these two guys never reply, I'm pretty satisfied thinking my suspicions are right. You have to regulate the board the way you see fit. On that other board, they brazenly play political favorites and I've noticed that they've been banning people for pointing out that they allow trolling from those who agree with the mods and ban those who disagree with whatever snake oil the trolls (most likely the owner of the board) sell.

If you don't like the company on any board, you can start one of your own.

Everybody has a First Amendment Right and IF USM chooses to open its doors to all kinds of political beliefs, it is their Right to do so. Like any other board, they pick and choose what you can and cannot say. I suspect a couple of the regular trolls are mods and / or are the board owners under different identities. I even ask a couple of the regular trolls if they are owners or mods here (since they act like they can tell what you can or cannot post.)

Since these two guys never reply, I'm pretty satisfied thinking my suspicions are right. You have to regulate the board the way you see fit. On that other board, they brazenly play political favorites and I've noticed that they've been banning people for pointing out that they allow trolling from those who agree with the mods and ban those who disagree with whatever snake oil the trolls (most likely the owner of the board) sell.

Yeah, I've pretty much always maintained the same position.

I enjoy it here for the most part. If it really starts to get to me. . . I just take a break and refuse my services to them for a while.

IMO, I do them a favor by providing unpaid for, free, unsolicited, top of line, premium content. :auiqs.jpg:

Well, you don't have to look very far. I'm a member over there. It's not very active. Last time I was there there may have been 4 people actively posting---I hate the Democrats/Republicans and your team sucks. From what I could gather, a few people join but leave within 30 days.

"-I hate the Democrats/Republicans and your team sucks."

IOW, nothing like here. :rolleyes:

No wonder I didn't get an invite.
:71:

That's the mistake this guy Lyfe made.. Thinking that starting a message board is in any way fulfilling or profitable in terms of time and money...

And no mods or Admins are socking in with dupe accounts. They'd be just as easy to find as any other sock account.. And it's not the way we roll.. We have ONE "mod sock account" that we share for testing. The avie is huge clown and everyone knows who owns it....

There's a lowlife pathetic creep that causing USMB Moderation a lot of headaches. Maybe you can help..

Some of you may have been solicited by any number of socks this person has used to sign into USMB and we've already perm banned about 5 of his accounts for trying to pouch our members. We're NOT REAL worried, since his new "board" is as pathetic as he is.. But it's taking up too much mod time..

If you've gotten a solicitation to join his "junior league" message board, perhaps if you like USMB and don't want this current great group of mods to lose their break room poker time -- MAYBE you could go over there and let your "troll flags fly"...

Nothing TOO obvious of course... :abgg2q.jpg: The object would be to pester him just ENOUGH so that you get banned eventually and come home a hero... :113: Let's us know if you accomplish the mission.. We'll consider a proper medal of honor for you...

Don't ask me the name of this site.. We're not gonna tell you if you DON'T HAVE a PM from this dingbat with the link. . And PLEASE don't mention USMB or other message boards while you're over there being snarky... If you do find some USMB member dumb enough to have settled in there -- DO PM and tell her/him/thee/Zee that we KNOW they are there.. And we forgive them for being gullible and stupid... :badgrin:

We'd appreciate the help.... And look forward to the campaign stories that you can tell your grandkids...

:coffee:

Why don't you shut off PM's until they reach FIRST 50 posts? That should stop most of it right away, since he would have to spend a lot of time here....., and less over there.

There's a lowlife pathetic creep that causing USMB Moderation a lot of headaches. Maybe you can help..

Some of you may have been solicited by any number of socks this person has used to sign into USMB and we've already perm banned about 5 of his accounts for trying to pouch our members. We're NOT REAL worried, since his new "board" is as pathetic as he is.. But it's taking up too much mod time..

If you've gotten a solicitation to join his "junior league" message board, perhaps if you like USMB and don't want this current great group of mods to lose their break room poker time -- MAYBE you could go over there and let your "troll flags fly"...

Nothing TOO obvious of course... :abgg2q.jpg: The object would be to pester him just ENOUGH so that you get banned eventually and come home a hero... :113: Let's us know if you accomplish the mission.. We'll consider a proper medal of honor for you...

Don't ask me the name of this site.. We're not gonna tell you if you DON'T HAVE a PM from this dingbat with the link. . And PLEASE don't mention USMB or other message boards while you're over there being snarky... If you do find some USMB member dumb enough to have settled in there -- DO PM and tell her/him/thee/Zee that we KNOW they are there.. And we forgive them for being gullible and stupid... :badgrin:

We'd appreciate the help.... And look forward to the campaign stories that you can tell your grandkids...

Why don't you shut off PM's until they reach FIRST 50 posts? That should stop most of it right away, since he would have to spend a lot of time here....., and less over there.

That's pretty smart.. Thanks.. We do have post minimums for links and attachments and access to a personal photo gallery.. I imagine that Xenforo allows for restricting the "newbie" class on PMs as well...

Thanks, I'll contact the Admins...

That's pretty smart.. Thanks.. We do have post minimums for links and attachments and access to a personal photo gallery.. I imagine that Xenforo allows for restricting the "newbie" class on PMs as well...

Thanks, I'll contact the Admins...

It should since the few FREE forum software I have run allows for FULL restriction on PM's like myBB has this:

In Admin board:

Account Setting of a chosen member

Messaging & Notification
Receive emails from administrators
Hide email address from other members
Receive private messages from other users ( I can stop it by unchecking the box)
Only receive private messages from buddy list (this setting has no effect unless there is at least one buddy on the list)
Alert with notice when new private message is received
Notify by email when new private message is received
Receive PM notifications for new buddy requests
Automatically accept buddy requests (if the above checkbox is ticked, a PM is sent informing of the new buddy connection)

OR,

you can just create a new user group that restrict PM's totally, like this:

Edit User group (insert name for the group)

Users and Permissions

Private Messaging
Can use private messaging?
Can send private messages?
Can send private messages even if recipients have them disabled?
Can track sent private messages?
Can deny message receipt notifications?

==================

Can say NO to all of them.

I have seen similar with SMF and phpBB3, when I used those forum software in the past. When I was administrator on a vBULLETIN board, they also had that restriction, and even in IP board too, when I was a Moderator there.

Last edited:
Well, you don't have to look very far. I'm a member over there. It's not very active. Last time I was there there may have been 4 people actively posting---I hate the Democrats/Republicans and your team sucks. From what I could gather, a few people join but leave within 30 days.

I was recruited because he liked my postings here a lot, though I would be a big asset to the forum. I joined to see what the fuss was about, after a week of it, got up and left, that was about 2 months ago, big mistake to join in the first place.

Not going back there at all, will stop the monthly e-mail when it comes around again.

Stealing members from a form and rewarding members who does the stealing is an extremely stupid idea, not a valid way to build membership. I have seen forum defections being done through PMs before on two forums, the original forum suffered and the new forums died out within 1 1/2 years. Everybody lost, which is why we should support THIS forum and help stop this underhanded skulduggery, then we will not suffer for it.

I was recruited because he liked my postings here a lot, though I would be a big asset to the forum. I joined to see what the fuss was about, after a week of it, got up and left, that was about 2 months ago, big mistake to join in the first place.

Not going back there at all, will stop the monthly e-mail when it comes around again.

Stealing members from a form and rewarding members who does the stealing is an extremely stupid idea, not a valid way to build membership. I have seen forum defections being done through PMs before on two forums, the original forum suffered and the new forums died out within 1 1/2 years. Everybody lost, which is why we should support THIS forum and help stop this underhanded skulduggery, then we will not suffer for it.

We say that, but you did go there as did I. Maybe this board could make you have a minimum posts before having access to PMs though I think 50 is excessive.

If I had a board like this, I wouldn't worry. Every board I've been on is about the same. The owners and moderators want a board that leans toward their values, so they weed out anyone that is too outspoken against whatever the mods and owners believe in.

They all claim to be non-partisan and if you accuse them of leaning one way or another, they come unglued, get rid of you and eventually a year or two later their board collapses. This latest board probably won't last a year and people from here will be there recruiting to get people to come to USM when they figure out the other board caters to a couple of trolls and it ends up being an all conservative or all liberal board.

That other board got 10,000 posts, thought they were the big deal and got rid of a couple of people they didn't like while letting two or three posters troll everyone who joined. They don't know it, but 10,000 posts is probably about a month's worth of posts here. I don't see the big deal. Competition is good for business and the way those guys run their show, most of their posters will come here by way of PM referrals. They are good advertising for USM.

We say that, but you did go there as did I. Maybe this board could make you have a minimum posts before having access to PMs though I think 50 is excessive.

If I had a board like this, I wouldn't worry. Every board I've been on is about the same. The owners and moderators want a board that leans toward their values, so they weed out anyone that is too outspoken against whatever the mods and owners believe in.

They all claim to be non-partisan and if you accuse them of leaning one way or another, they come unglued, get rid of you and eventually a year or two later their board collapses. This latest board probably won't last a year and people from here will be there recruiting to get people to come to USM when they figure out the other board caters to a couple of trolls and it ends up being an all conservative or all liberal board.

That other board got 10,000 posts, thought they were the big deal and got rid of a couple of people they didn't like while letting two or three posters troll everyone who joined. They don't know it, but 10,000 posts is probably about a month's worth of posts here. I don't see the big deal. Competition is good for business and the way those guys run their show, most of their posters will come here by way of PM referrals. They are good advertising for USM.

This was the main reason why I went there:

"I was recruited because he liked my postings here a lot, thought I would be a big asset to the forum. I joined to see what the fuss was about"

He was very serious about me in the PM I had gotten from him, that is WHY I went there to see what it was about.

As I made clear, I quickly realized the place was not worth it, I sent several PM's to the owner about the forum and sent a few REPORTS complaints about over the top trolling to him. He ignored most of them, did say on one report that he doesn't agree. That was the last straw, when even the owner allows abject trolling behavior to run unchecked, it was time to leave.

You wrote this:

Actually while this is a conservative leaning board, they show no indication of deliberate censorship here, they have banned conservatives who don't come back, they have "banned" (suspended) leftists/liberals over and over, they still come back. I await Caddo Kid and Moonglow to reappear, to see more of their loony postings. This forum does a better job tolerating various viewpoints, even stupid ones than most forums I have been on, which is a factor on why I give some financial support and intend to stay around a long while. It is by far my forum of choice, where I post around 90% of all forum postings on the internet, HERE.

I was a member of Free Conservatives, a definite Conservative site (with a few thousand members), but allowed one Administrator to say after he admitted he was a Homosexual, which is normally a no no for a conservative site. I became an Administrator there near the end, to help revitalize the place, due to the damage of numerous bad moderating decisions to ban liberals who didn't deserve it. The place was once very active with hundreds of members who posted daily, which quickly slowed to a trickle when 2/3rds of the Mods were removed and the board undergoing renovation, updating the posting rules and so on, It never recovered.

When it was announced that the forum was going to close temporarily for renovation, with a lot of Moderators being removed, that led to an exodus of people to leave and soon form their own board Liberty Dwells, which lasted about 3 years before it fell apart by hacking attacks, it seemed that the owner didn't make good decisions to protect the forum from attacks. It never went beyond about 350 members in the three years it existed. Members quickly gave up and the board which did come back died quickly soon afterwards.

Two of these forums dies largely because they were intolerant of viewpoints that were not conservative, would find any excuse to push around the liberals who used to make a sizable part of the membership base. I had a couple of Liberals send me PM's complaining about the Mods (while I was a regular members) being intolerant.

I had that happened to at another Forum too, where a couple liberals complained to me, which still lives, but barely, after the last two OWNERS were derelict in their duty to maintain and protect the place (One owner was gone for nearly a year, didn't respond to e-mails from Mods, when the forum was in trouble) I regret not taking ownership of the place when the original owner offered it to me, about 8 years ago. It didn't help when they left a good software to something I would call "The Cave" software, visiting it make it look like you are the only one there (I pointed this out to the current clueless owner). They limp along with a handful of members, of a once bustling forum, it will eventually fade away.

This forum still exist, a place where my silent banning (account suspended) took place after 10,000 postings as of December 2007, it was my forum of choice, but the new owner who took the original owners place, ran it down due to her incredible intolerance, I was shut down with no mention of rule infractions, she simply didn't like me.

She and one of her lady mods were caught stalking members, who were members of other forums, they were told they would get sued for it by one of the members. Hundreds of people were banned in the first year (some I am sure deservedly) many who were Libertarians, who started threads about that viewpoint, which the owner disliked very much, started warnings, stopped threads, which led to an exodus of members to a brand new forum that would allow Libertarian views to thrive unimpeded, I went there AFTER I was shut down, but they faded away too. It limps along now a former glory of what it once was, a cavernous forum with over a MILLION postings in it, intolerance killed it, that is what the witch bitch owner did to it. It used to have HUNDREDS of members posting daily (0ver 35,000 members), now just a couple dozen do so today, with most liberals, libertarians and other non conservative viewpoints pushed away.

The witch bitch goes out of her way to block me from seeing her place completely, by banning my IP, that is how messed up she is.

The success of a forum largely depends on a tolerant owner and moderation team when diverse viewpoints are allowed to exist.

This is one of them.

Last edited:

"I was recruited because he liked my postings here a lot, thought I would be a big asset to the forum. I joined to see what the fuss was about"

He was very serious about me in the PM I had gotten from him, that is WHY I went there to see what it was about.

As I made clear, I quickly realized the place was not worth it, I sent several PM's to the owner about the forum and sent a few REPORTS complaints about over the top trolling to him. He ignored most of them, did say on one report that he doesn't agree. That was the last straw, when even the owner allows abject trolling behavior to run unchecked, it was time to leave.

You wrote this:

Actually while this is a conservative leaning board, they show no indication of deliberate censorship here, they have banned conservatives who don't come back, they have "banned" (suspended) leftists/liberals over and over, they still come back. I await Caddo Kid and Moonglow to reappear, to see more of their loony postings. This forum does a better job tolerating various viewpoints, even stupid ones than most forums I have been on, which is a factor on why I give some financial support and intend to stay around a long while. It is by far my forum of choice, where I post around 90% of all forum postings on the internet, HERE.

I was a member of Free Conservatives, a definite Conservative site (with a few thousand members), but allowed one Administrator to say after he admitted he was a Homosexual, which is normally a no no for a conservative site. I became an Administrator there near the end, to help revitalize the place, due to the damage of numerous bad moderating decisions to ban liberals who didn't deserve it. The place was once very active with hundreds of members who posted daily, which quickly slowed to a trickle when 2/3rds of the Mods were removed and the board undergoing renovation, updating the posting rules and so on, It never recovered.

When it was announced that the forum was going to close temporarily for renovation, with a lot of Moderators being removed, that led to an exodus of people to leave and soon form their own board Liberty Dwells, which lasted about 3 years before it fell apart by hacking attacks, it seemed that the owner didn't make good decisions to protect the forum from attacks. It never went beyond about 350 members in the three years it existed. Members quickly gave up and the board which did come back died quickly soon afterwards.

Two of these forums dies largely because they were intolerant of viewpoints that were not conservative, would find any excuse to push around the liberals who used to make a sizable part of the membership base. I had a couple of Liberals send me PM's complaining about the Mods (while I was a regular members) being intolerant.

I had that happened to at another Forum too, where a couple liberals complained to me, which still lives, but barely, after the last two OWNERS were derelict in their duty to maintain and protect the place (One owner was gone for nearly a year, didn't respond to e-mails from Mods, when the forum was in trouble) I regret not taking ownership of the place when the original owner offered it to me, about 8 years ago. It didn't help when they left a good software to something I would call "The Cave" software, visiting it make it look like you are the only one there (I pointed this out to the current clueless owner). They limp along with a handful of members, of a once bustling forum, it will eventually fade away.

This forum still exist, a place where my silent banning (account suspended) took place after 10,000 postings as of December 2007, it was my forum of choice, but the new owner who took the original owners place, ran it down due to her incredible intolerance, I was shut down with no mention of rule infractions, she simply didn't like me.

She and one of her lady mods were caught stalking members, who were members of other forums, they were told they would get sued for it by one of the members. Hundreds of people were banned in the first year (some I am sure deservedly) many who were Libertarians, who started threads about that viewpoint, which the owner disliked very much, started warnings, stopped threads, which led to an exodus of members to a brand new forum that would allow Libertarian views to thrive unimpeded, I went there AFTER I was shut down, but they faded away too. It limps along now a former glory of what it once was, a cavernous forum with over a MILLION postings in it, intolerance killed it, that is what the witch bitch owner did to it. It used to have HUNDREDS of members posting daily (0ver 35,000 members), now just a couple dozen do so today, with most liberals, libertarians and other non conservative viewpoints pushed away.

The witch bitch goes out of her way to block me from seeing her place completely, by banning my IP, that is how messed up she is.

The success of a forum largely depends on a tolerant owner and moderation team when diverse viewpoints are allowed to exist.

This is one of them.

FWIW, I read that by unplugging your modem, you reset your ISP number. I did it once, but it's a lot of trouble. I had to deal with the banks since they no longer recognized my ISP and virtually every log in account forced me to authenticate myself via a code they sent to my cell phone.

You wrote this:

This is one of them.

FWIW, I read that by unplugging your modem, you reset your ISP number. I did it once, but it's a lot of trouble. I had to deal with the banks since they no longer recognized my ISP and virtually every log in account forced me to authenticate myself via a code they sent to my cell phone.

Mine is a STATIC IP number, but I can see the forum because I changed my Internet Server when the old one was absorbed by another company. Eventually the witch will leave and a new owner will try to save the slowly dying forum.

I have DSL and often unplug the modem because it drops our and resetting it helps. I have not lost any of my log ins.

I have DSL and often unplug the modem because it drops our and resetting it helps. I have not lost any of my log ins.
I use Nord most of the time.

You wrote this:

This is one of them.

Mine is a STATIC IP number, but I can see the forum because I changed my Internet Server when the old one was absorbed by another company. Eventually the witch will leave and a new owner will try to save the slowly dying forum.

Thought you might like to know that I checked out that board again before getting off the Net tonight. One of the regulars is already complaining that they are running off good quality posters and locking threads because of the low quality (sic) posters. That should be some modicum of vindication for you. So, you got recruited only to be treated like crap and now the owner is paying already.

Forum List

Back