Aborted fetus = Lucky bastard?

And that's typically the left take on abortion. It's about what's important to the parents. The kids are just an asterick.

And that's typically the left take on abortion. It's about what's important to the parents. The kids are just an asterick.

Are you seriously referring to me with this stupid ass statement? I defend the pro-life stance and voice my position on it, and you find SOME way to turn it a "left" argument.

What the fuck, baba?

Well, to be honest, the whole "parental joy" thing is not universal and since no one is forcing you to have an abortion then it's not your place to delve into anyone else business. I'm glad you all find being a parent such wonder and miraculous.. but experience varies.

Now, I personally hate this issue because it is an old issue and is ripe for compromise. I'd draw the line at the heartbeat and open the gates to every form of education and birth control available. I don't agree with abortions used for routine birth control but it's asinine to believe that a personal joyful experience full of rainbows and unicorns applies to everyone.

Are you seriously referring to me with this stupid ass statement? I defend the pro-life stance and voice my position on it, and you find SOME way to turn it a "left" argument.

What the fuck, baba?

perhaps she meant your previous position... or maybe even the post before yours..

It means nothing if you change your stance based upon the feelings of the parents. You still don't recognize that it's wrong not because it makes the parents feel bad, but because it's taking a life. I mean, it's great if now you go out and save lives, but ultimately, you still harbor the belief that children are secondary to their parents' pleasure. That's where the problem comes from in the first place.

Don't take it personally.

Well, to be honest, the whole "parental joy" thing is not universal and since no one is forcing you to have an abortion then it's not your place to delve into anyone else business. I'm glad you all find being a parent such wonder and miraculous.. but experience varies.

Now, I personally hate this issue because it is an old issue and is ripe for compromise. I'd draw the line at the heartbeat and open the gates to every form of education and birth control available. I don't agree with abortions used for routine birth control but it's asinine to believe that a personal joyful experience full of rainbows and unicorns applies to everyone.

Isn't there a heartbeat at like 18 days from conception? 8 days?

Isn't there a heartbeat at like 18 days from conception? 8 days?

I dont even care. I've explained why that is where the point of compramise should be. I'm not taking ideologic sides here. If there is a heartbeat after 8 days then a woman should have up to those 8 days after being sexually active to be responsible for her sexual behaviour. If she is given the entire toolkit available then we can take one massive step beyond the current abortion debate.

Why can't a lot of the pro-lifers be happy with leaving the right to allow or deny abortion to the individual states?

Just like each state has its own murder laws, why can't each state have its own abortion laws, and just leave it at that?

Why must there be the need for a constitutional amendment?

I believe the constitution was amended to allow it in the first place. We just want to amend it back.

You know, I used to be a lot more liberal in regards to the abortion issue.

After seeing my girlfriend go through her pregnancy, watching the baby grow in her womb, feeling it move around inside, seeing its heartbeat during ultrasounds, watching it be born, and for the last 8 months, watching him grow up and smile at me when he sees me, I have taken on a new position of pro-life.

I'm not staunch enough to say it should be ammended in the constitution, but I certainly don't agree with it.

There's a person in that womb. By the 11th week of gestation, almost the entire human being is formed and functioning. From there on, it really only grows larger.

My feelings about abortion have less to do with the baby at hand, and more about the experience a potential parent is missing out on. I couldn't possibly imagine not having my son.

That's nice and all but I still haven't had an answer to the question. And, IMO, forcing a woman to give birth is something that I cannot see as constitutional no matter how revolting the alternative is to someone else.

No, because it hasn't had an opportunity to be saved.

It takes more than being human to get to heaven. You have to actually have had the opportunity to choose Christ...and then you have to actually choose him.

Nice try. Though tasteless and pointless.

So how does a 1 week old baby that gets killed in a car accident get the opportunity to be saved? He/she poos, wees, eats and sleeps and has hardly any cognitive ability at all...

People who don't believe in souls shouldn't tax themselves with the complexity of belief. It doesn't, after all, matter to you.

No, because it hasn't had an opportunity to be saved.

It takes more than being human to get to heaven. You have to actually have had the opportunity to choose Christ...and then you have to actually choose him.

So you believe that only Christians go to heaven? So no matter how good a person is, they cannot go to heaven unless they are Christians? Do you think Gandhi was turned away at the Pearly Gates? How about Albert Einstein? Or Abraham Lincoln? Or Ben Franklin? Or Thomas Jefferson? The list goes on.

You cannot speak authoritatively about who God allows into heaven or what exactly Heaven is anymore than any other living human being.

But to respond to the topic of this thread...do you think that life now is better than being aborted? Take a good look around this world and answer that honestly. If you say that life is better than abortion, do not forget that the aborted fetus is an unwanted entity...and what kind of life are you pushing that entity into?

People who don't believe in souls shouldn't tax themselves with the complexity of belief. It doesn't, after all, matter to you.
But you will push your beliefs on a fetus or a baby, basically condeming them to Hell because they did not accept Jesus...according to your own words? What kind of person are you?

But you will push your beliefs on a fetus or a baby, basically condeming them to Hell because they did not accept Jesus...according to your own words? What kind of person are you?

How on earth does my believing something push my belief on a baby?

As I said, you all think it's okay to kill the "lucky bastard" but whoooooaaaaaa.....how DARE I presume to believe that by doing so you're actually damning it to hell.

You don't care, anyway. It's not really alive, and souls don't exist.

Still, I'll make the argument...my BELIEF that a baby is a human with a chance to attain heaven, if it's allowed to live long enough, is much less intrusive than the left's belief that it isn't human and therefore can live or die at the whim of the mother. I'm for giving the little tyke a chance. The left says they aren't alive, and don't deserve a chance unless the mom says so.

Who's forcing what on whom? My belief will preserve that child's life which is about as un-obtrusive as a person can get. While the other belief denies it's humanity, and allows its butchery.

You can't have it both ways.

If a fetus is a person, then logically he/she has a soul. And since he was never given the opportunity to commit a sin, his soul would remain unblemished and he'd be welcomed into heaven. So, if gaining entrance into heaven is what life is all about, then by all accounts an aborted fetus is one lucky bastard.

Just sayin...

You realize you're going to burn in hell for this thread title...ha ha ha

Forum List

Back