What is religion?

wihosa

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008
Answer: Religion is the myth you decide to believe.

My 11 year old son is studying Greek mythology in school. It is interesting that since no one still believes in the Greek gods we have no problem in calling the Ancient Greek 'religion' exactly what it is; myth.

My 11 year old son is studying Greek mythology in school. It is interesting that since no one still believes in the Greek gods we have no problem in calling the Ancient Greek 'religion' exactly what it is; myth.

Well gee -that must mean that 95% of the world's population is suffering from a mass delusion and only you 5% are "SOOO smart", right? Ever read The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God ? The author was an agnostic and decided to do this to prove to his recently turned religious wife that what she believed was nothing but "mythology". It is about the SCIENCE and is largely interviews with some of the most highly credentialed and well known scientists in their various unrelated fields of science by a very skeptical author. It isn't about a particular religious doctrine or religious beliefs at all.

Want to come back and tell me all about "mythology" after that when the reason mythology is mythology is because there is zero evidence of any kind to back ANY of it up -then we'll talk.

Actually the Greek government has been hounding people in Greece who still believe in the old Gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellinais

It has some external links.

The interesting thing is when a religion becomes more than a cult - remember Christians were cultists in ancient Rome - and especially when it becomes a state religion (which of course doesn't apply in the US) - it immediately begins wiping out whatever was believed before it assumed sufficient proportions to be influential.

And that's not just for Christianity, it applies to other religions as well. Part of the process is to denounce the old religion(s) as mythologies. But there's no evidence required for either the old or the new religions, just the usual belief systems that move from the old to the new.

Well gee -that must mean that 95% of the world's population is suffering from a mass delusion and only you 5% are "SOOO smart", right? Ever read The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God ? The author was an agnostic and decided to do this to prove to his recently turned religious wife that what she believed was nothing but "mythology". It is about the SCIENCE and is largely interviews with some of the most highly credentialed and well known scientists in their various unrelated fields of science by a very skeptical author. It isn't about a particular religious doctrine or religious beliefs at all.

Want to come back and tell me all about "mythology" after that when the reason mythology is mythology is because there is zero evidence of any kind to back ANY of it up -then we'll talk.
Actually no, mythology is the body of myths (sacred stories) of a particular culture, or of humankind as a whole; the study and interpretation of such myths.

Christianity is mythology, Buddhism is mythology, Islam is mythology...and religion you can name is a mythology.

Read the "Power of Myth," which is a wonderful interview with Joseph Campbell. That may bring some clarity to you.

Actually the Greek government has been hounding people in Greece who still believe in the old Gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellinais

It has some external links.

The interesting thing is when a religion becomes more than a cult - remember Christians were cultists in ancient Rome - and especially when it becomes a state religion (which of course doesn't apply in the US) - it immediately begins wiping out whatever was believed before it assumed sufficient proportions to be influential.

And that's not just for Christianity, it applies to other religions as well. Part of the process is to denounce the old religion(s) as mythologies. But there's no evidence required for either the old or the new religions, just the usual belief systems that move from the old to the new.
I would even extrapolate that certain denominations of Christians, Jews and Muslims are cults. Definitely the Evangelical movement is very much a cult.

Good Morning Whiosa,

I think that I don't know enough to know for certain whether religions of today's time are myths or not.

I know that I believe what I believe, and have Faith that it is truth....I don't know why I believe what I believe, I just know that I do....

And I consider myself a pretty sensical person, analyze EVERYTHING up and down, and inside out before i usually make any kind of decision on anything and even then, I will reserve the right to change my mind if further information comes forward that requires such.... :)

But I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty, Creator of the Heavens and the Earth and all that is SEEN and UNSEEN...and in His only begotten Son.... ;)

I don't have an organized religion that I am a member of...was excommunicated for my divorce and remarriage when I was a kid...you would think that I would have just "spit on" the Church and run away from my "beliefs" at that time....and I did for a bit, but deep down inside, I believed what I believed! Common sense, says I shouldn't, and sometimes even Science at first glance says that I shouldn't...but I do?

So, even if someday, beyond my lifespan, someone will prove that my religion was also a myth....it doesn't matter to me! I trust my gut instincts, they have served me well over the decades and my gut tells me, that there IS "something more", after the death of our bodies!

Care

Good Morning Whiosa,

I think that I don't know enough to know for certain whether religions of today's time are myths or not.

I know that I believe what I believe, and have Faith that it is truth....I don't know why I believe what I believe, I just know that I do....

And I consider myself a pretty sensical person, analyze EVERYTHING up and down, and inside out before i usually make any kind of decision on anything and even then, I will reserve the right to change my mind if further information comes forward that requires such.... :)

But I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty, Creator of the Heavens and the Earth and all that is SEEN and UNSEEN...and in His only begotten Son.... ;)

I don't have an organized religion that I am a member of...was excommunicated for my divorce and remarriage when I was a kid...you would think that I would have just "spit on" the Church and run away from my "beliefs" at that time....and I did for a bit, but deep down inside, I believed what I believed! Common sense, says I shouldn't, and sometimes even Science at first glance says that I shouldn't...but I do?

So, even if someday, beyond my lifespan, someone will prove that my religion was also a myth....it doesn't matter to me! I trust my gut instincts, they have served me well over the decades and my gut tells me, that there IS "something more", after the death of our bodies!

Care
You are Catholic? My ex-wife is Catholic. She doesn't really follow that faith and when we were married, I was a Protestant. We chose to have a JP marry us. For the entire marriage her aunts kept reminding us that our marriage was not recognized in the eyes of God.

These types of things hurt people more than they help. I feel for you on that aspect. But you have one or more children and a new person in your life, and one cannot ask for more than that out of life. Love is what it is all about after all, and that is what God wants for us.

In fact, by living a life of love, are we not carrying out a ministry for God?

You are Catholic? My ex-wife is Catholic. She doesn't really follow that faith and when we were married, I was a Protestant. We chose to have a JP marry us. For the entire marriage her aunts kept reminding us that our marriage was not recognized in the eyes of God.

These types of things hurt people more than they help. I feel for you on that aspect. But you have one or more children and a new person in your life, and one cannot ask for more than that out of life. Love is what it is all about after all, and that is what God wants for us.

In fact, by living a life of love, are we not carrying out a ministry for God?

Yes, I was born...still am I suppose, catholic....:(

I am still emotionally scarred from all the technicalities and rules...but I forgive them, for they know not what they do.... :) Plus I got my husband,(18 years this month) who is also a Believer....with Faith as a Child that what he believes is truth also....so I honestly do feel blessed with this marriage. I am barren, my husband and I were unable to have children....so, no blessing in this area...but blessed none the less, imo, (especially if you knew the jerk I was married to for a couple of years the first time around!!!:evil: )!!!

Care

Yes, I was born...still am I suppose, catholic....:(

I am still emotionally scarred from all the technicalities and rules...but I forgive them, for they know not what they do.... :) Plus I got my husband,(18 years this month) who is also a Believer....with Faith as a Child that what he believes is truth also....so I honestly do feel blessed with this marriage. I am barren, my husband and I were unable to have children....so, no blessing in this area...but blessed none the less, imo, (especially if you knew the jerk I was married to for a couple of years the first time around!!!:evil: )!!!

Care
A child to love is a child to love, regardless if you produced that child or not. To be a parent is, as Dickens wrote in a Tale of Two Cities; "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Religions are a myth or made up per say. There is a Truth out there that we are searching for. It will come sooner then you think.

The word religion was used to group together people who believe that there is a Creator.

Each religion has some Truth's in it but the actual Word has been altered.

Anyone that has read the Bible or understands the stories in them will agree with what I am about to say. The one's that will not will understand or do not believe have no Faith or either never been introduced to it or read the Book or have been caught in the confusion with everyone else.

There are several religions out there at this point in time. There are so many religions out there that were "created by man" to cause mass confusion about the Truth of our existance.

The first religions back to early man are know as Humanism where they take man like Gods and worship them. These are wrong and these were established to start the confusion for the Bible and Jesus. Humanism has infiltrated every religion and a big part of the world today.

To start out with, the Jews who are direct descendants of the early man that did not have God's like the Greeks or Babylonians, Cush and the other early races. The Jews were choosen to be God's people to spread the Word that there is the Creator and that an Evil force will attempt to take control but through Faith, working together, and to Love, Respect and provide protection to all people we will be able to ward of this Evil.

The Bible was then made and released to get the people back on the same page to stop worshiping Idols and false Gods.

To counter this Book called the Bible and Jesus comming to Earth and doing all the Godly things and teaching people how to have compassion the Evil created another religion that seemed to follow the Word of God but alterd the Words and made God into 3 identities The Father, The Son and The Holy Spiritand and added Humanistic Ideas to the Book. This Religion is called Catholicism. The Roman Catholic Church is the greatest Evil of the world and still controls the world and still wants world domination. They were about to do this through all of the branches and organizations that they created such as the Masons, Illuminati are so forth.

The Roman Catholic Church were the one's responsible for changing the Words of God and bringing this terrible world we live in today. They created the crusades to cause war and death to all that opposed them. They were able to do this by creating another religion and spreading it on called Islam. The religion they made caused the muslims to be radical and made them believe that there holy land was the territory that the Jews occupied. The can keep the Islamic people occupied and a chance to kill of the Jews with out them being found out. They then spread the Crusades north because they were following Christianty to the north because the Apostle Paul was doing his work and spreading the Good News of God and all the things Jesus did. This was bringing hope to all the people so the Roman Catholic Church had to stop this. They did this by making deals with all the Lords and Kings of the land and told them not listen to any other religions and made various other deals on wealth and protection so the kings and lords helped ban all the other religions besides Catholicism. The Roman Catholic Church got these Lords and Kings invovled with the crusades also to keep them occupied with that instead of the moves they were making.

Go back to your history books and you can really follow this through the time.

There were many religions that tried to come up with the Word of God but infiltrated or shut down immediatly.

This is how the grouping and confusion came along.

Please send me a message if you want to know more I can pass you on to the person that I have studied from. I know I do not have date's and the timeline which is also very important.

This will uncover the Evil of Earth which started so long back making this plan for a 1 world government and population control that we are seeing come in to existance today.

To get an idea on how we are being effected today check out my other post that they stuck in conspirecy's because they think it is here -
Edit: they won't let me post URL's yet so you can find it in the conspirecy section of the taunting forum.

Read that after you got what I have stated here. We can fight our way out of this mess. It take responsible people and will require the world leaders of today be gone.

Would that be so hard to believe if it wasn't true? :clap2:

They hide it so well that no one will ever think that they did it. Now if the world's greatest plan to take over and control the world was created a long time ago and religion was used to start of this process do you think Mr. know it all will know that now if he wasn't on the inside? The answer is No. That's why noone believes it at first because schools and history books were also wrote to have dis-information in them also to keep their plan as far out of peoples minds as possible.

They were able to get away back then because education and reading was not a common thing so they relied on others to tell them.

Bit's from The Extreme Way written by L.A. Heller - Look for it soon out of the publishers.

HUMANISM IS THE COMMON THREAD SINCE THE MIDDLE AGES AND BEYOND -

Humanism was an intellectual movement which started in the Middle Ages as a result of the study of the Greek and Latin classic literature, written by the ancient Greek philosophers; Socrates and Plato around 470-347 B.C. Many people who influenced the formally Judeo - Christian culture of the US, studied the writings of these people through the already established prism of Humanism.
You may be a person who doesn’t like general history, but you may find this information very interesting. This is a synopsis of Earth’s philosophical history from the spectrum of only one belief system which is the basis for all of the destructive systems of thought, which has caused the devastation of many civilizations throughout history. I am going to show you what has happened since the 1800's, which has started the era of Revelation.
I will also show you in the following ancient time line, how JESUS was killed because of the principles of Humanism.
Once I give you this very brief overview, you will know the mechanism of how Satan has been able to make such progress with his plan to take over the world. You will know what the exact enemy of God and Jesus is, which will make it easier for you to identify the Satanically influenced people, who embrace and support this philosophical doctrine. There may be a few people who will debate me on the dates of some of these events, but all I want you to see is how this toxic belief system called HUMANISM got generally introduced and accepted as the main system of thought in the US.
So many things happened to bring in the philosophy and tenets of Humanism; certain actions of President Lincoln set up the country which would host the Seven Realms empire and the actions of Karl Marx, Horace Mann, Charles Darwin and Sigmund Freud, whose inventions were sparked by humanistic concepts, set up the tools of the Seven Realms Machine. The belief systems devised by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels became the basis of operation of the government of the Seven Realms Machine which could only be supported by the tools invented by Horace Mann and Sigmund Freud, funded by tax collection, which is the principle tenet of communism.
And the Seven Realms of Power could only have been built as a result of the principles of Humanism, which was the catalyst which spawned all of the destructive ideologies throughout history. It is the perfect tool of Satan. And he is using Humanism to create the one-world order by means of the political, social and economic systems which were compiled, based on the amoral, humanistic principles.

A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF HUMANISM -

Humanism is the belief system which supports the idea that man can achieve a utopia without a higher power. They believe that man is the central focus and satisfying his desires is paramount. Their doctrine supports the idea that Man is the source of all knowledge and wisdom of Earth. They consider that all of man’s inventions, philosophies and wisdom are superior as long as they fit within the framework of the humanist goals. They believe that Man can be a god therefore they worship Man and all of his accomplishments as a whole.

ATHEISTS AND EVOLUTIONISTS -

Humanism embraces atheism and they deny the existence of a Creator and that God has never existed. They assert that humans alone must solve the problems that exist on Earth and that there is no deity that will save mankind and that it is up to humans to save themselves. They support the evolutionary theory which states that we came from earlier forms of life and that we did not originate as a creation of God. Humanists believe that man is an animal without a soul, with animalistic drives and desires. Therefore they believe that there is no such thing as supernatural spiritual effects. Further they believe that Jesus was just a philosopher, like Plato and Socrates.

AMORAL BELIEFS -

Humanists must eliminate the Biblically based standards of moral behavior, in order to create the ideal amoral society that has (no moral sense) and (no principles of what is considered right and wrong). The actions of many amoral leaders has been justified and glamorized throughout the ages by the basic premises of humanistic philosophy because they believe that there is no God to be accountable to.
I will show you the time line of humanism starting as far back as Alexander the Great and beyond to demonstrate the continuity of events as a result of this belief system. It will become clear how the world we live in today is the result of the acceptance and application of amoral, humanistic principles which have negatively affected the condition of our society. Currently, we face serious problems because the political leaders have incorporated humanistic principles as the basis for the laws in this country.
Over the decades, humanists have become some of the most influential people in America. Many humanists have infiltrated the government in the U.S. and Satan has sent in his minions who have held posts in the Senate, House of Representatives, Cabinet and State Department. They are members of both the Republican and Democratic parties. Many have been directors of colleges and universities who have directed the thinking of teachers and professors.
The graduates of the public education system, who have been implanted with the humanist objectives and ideals, are imbedded in every area of the Seven Realms Machine including the industries of banking, business, media and entertainment. It would be too arduous to name all of the humanists, both past and present. However, once the goals of humanism are known and understood, it will be easy to identify any individual or group that embraces the tenets of humanism.

oh I'm quite familiar with humanism. thank god for it too, btw.

and yes, your assertion that catholics created islam in order to set muslims against jews is goofy as hell.

So must be Mormon? Another humanistic religion.

All these religions which advert the Truth that there is a God that Created the Heavens and the Earth are the reason's that we have a self destructive world that will none the less become a slave society that has some strict population control programs that will have over 6 Billion people wiped out.

God's name is Jehovah or Yahweh. Get to know it. His Son is Jesus. He insured that we will be protected by God of we so choose to.

If you choose the humanistic ways and leave God out of the equation when those 6 Billion people go missing or you become a slave then you will be asking God to save you. So start now.

It is simple to start... Treat everyone with respect, love and protect the innocent. Do what is right, not what is convient. The right way is the rocky way. It's a hard road and won't be easy but at the end you will find yourself and the Truth.

:rofl:
:cuckoo:

Islam (Arabic: الإسلام; al-'islām (help·info)) is a monotheistic Abrahamic religion originating with the teachings of Muhammad, a 7th century Arab religious and political figure. The word Islam means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to God (Arabic: الله, Allāh).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

ahhh I tellya.. dogma junkies crack me up.

Forum List

Back