Aborted fetus = Lucky bastard?

Never said Santa exists in a tangible, physical sense. But if that is the litmus test for existence, then I guess racism doesn't exist either right?

The definition clearly says "To be present under certain circumstances"

I understand I'm exploiting a technicality, but it doesn't make it incorrect. Santa clause is in fact present in the hearts and minds of children is he not?

Sure. And go ahead and apply the same proof to the existence of God.

You've convinced me. I'm going to church on Sunday.

Never said Santa exists in a tangible, physical sense. But if that is the litmus test for existence, then I guess racism doesn't exist either right?

Except that Santa is presumably an actual BEING. Racism is an abstract concept. Their existence would, by definition, be different.

But anyway... it was a really good try.

Except that Santa is presumably an actual BEING. Racism is an abstract concept. Their existence would, by definition, be different.

Presumably nothing. I'm talking about Santa as an abstract concept. I thought any thinking person would have figured that out by now.

as a tangible being? no. Racism is a cognitive function just like a myriad of other human personality traits. RacISTS are real enough though. Realer than Santa Claus for damn sure. Did you have a point in bringing this up?

:eusa_whistle:

OK, the Santa thing was fun for a while, but it's starting to wear thin and I'd like to re-introduce the original thread topic.

If a fetus is a person, then logically he/she has a soul. And since he was never given the opportunity to commit a sin, his soul would remain unblemished and he'd be welcomed into heaven. So, if gaining entrance into heaven is what life is all about, then by all accounts an aborted fetus is one lucky bastard.

Just sayin...

It takes more than being human to get to heaven. You have to actually have had the opportunity to choose Christ...and then you have to actually choose him.

Don't forget, like Hansel, you are advised to leave a trail of breadcrumbs while you walk through the forest so you don't lose your way while you hurry to Little Red Riding Hood's house before the wolf gets there to eat granny.

Yes it is.

And we already heard from you. You think an aborted fetus goes to hell.

Duly noted.

As opposed to thinking an aborted fetus has no soul whatsoever?

Well, I guess if it has no soul, that makes it okay to kill it, and means that anybody who does kill an unborn baby can rest easy.

And that's the main thing.

As opposed to thinking an aborted fetus has no soul whatsoever?

Well, I guess if it has no soul, that makes it okay to kill it, and means that anybody who does kill an unborn baby can rest easy.

And that's the main thing.

So does that mean that if you can't prove that an unborn has a sould, it should okay to kill it? I mean, we generally require a positivist reason to outlaw something.

the whole "no soul" schtick was mine.

which, had I been allowed to elaborate would explain why, apparently, animals have no souls, pergatory was invented, and the concept of heaven has been remade more than a season of This Ole House...

But, since we've been told that the absence of positive proof isn't as important as the absense of negative proof...

carry on.

So does that mean that if you can't prove that an unborn has a sould, it should okay to kill it? I mean, we generally require a positivist reason to outlaw something.

That's a pro-abortionist stance. Not mine.

That's a pro-abortionist stance. Not mine.

You do agree that generally the government should have a positive reason for legislation. Obviously, you would think it odd if the government banned the sale of corn bread because it hasn't been proved that there are no possible negative effects from the sale of corn bread. So, if no one can prove that unborn children have souls, then the government shouldn't be allowed to outlaw abortion. Right?

I'll never understand how something that is unborn can be killed.

You know, I used to be a lot more liberal in regards to the abortion issue.

After seeing my girlfriend go through her pregnancy, watching the baby grow in her womb, feeling it move around inside, seeing its heartbeat during ultrasounds, watching it be born, and for the last 8 months, watching him grow up and smile at me when he sees me, I have taken on a new position of pro-life.

I'm not staunch enough to say it should be ammended in the constitution, but I certainly don't agree with it.

There's a person in that womb. By the 11th week of gestation, almost the entire human being is formed and functioning. From there on, it really only grows larger.

My feelings about abortion have less to do with the baby at hand, and more about the experience a potential parent is missing out on. I couldn't possibly imagine not having my son.

Forum List

Back