Aborted fetus = Lucky bastard?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
If a fetus is a person, then logically he/she has a soul. And since he was never given the opportunity to commit a sin, his soul would remain unblemished and he'd be welcomed into heaven. So, if gaining entrance into heaven is what life is all about, then by all accounts an aborted fetus is one lucky bastard.

Just sayin...

No, because it hasn't had an opportunity to be saved.

It takes more than being human to get to heaven. You have to actually have had the opportunity to choose Christ...and then you have to actually choose him.

Nice try. Though tasteless and pointless.

i'd suggest reading about David's lost child.

but I digress.. there really is no such a thing as a soul.

Do you know that for a fact or is that merely what you choose to believe? :cool:

I know for a fact that there is no evidence of such a thing.. which, probably does facilitate my decisions on spirituality.

:cool:

How could you possibly know that for a fact? Are you all of a sudden omnicient?

Can you provide even the slightest teeny tiny iota of evidence to suggest that there is such a thing as a soul? This is an open challenge to lay before me ANYTHING that supports the possibility of a soul.. If so, then please show me to be wrong.

If a fetus is a person, then logically he/she has a soul. And since he was never given the opportunity to commit a sin, his soul would remain unblemished and he'd be welcomed into heaven. So, if gaining entrance into heaven is what life is all about, then by all accounts an aborted fetus is one lucky bastard.

Just sayin...

Hey, you stole that idea from me.

Can you provide even the slightest teeny tiny iota of evidence to suggest that there is such a thing as a soul? This is an open challenge to lay before me ANYTHING that supports the possibility of a soul.. If so, then please show me to be wrong.

You have a really really really bad habit of equating evidence with definitive proof.

A crazy story about some old lady's near death experience can be submitted as a piece of evidence.

But that wasn't even my point. My point is that just because you are not aware of any such "evidence," doesn't mean none exists.

Same logic on the phantom WMD's. Just because none were found, doesn't prove, AS A MATTER OF FACT, that they never existed. It might be highly highly probable that they never existed, but it's still a thing that can never be proven as a fact.

You have a really really really bad habit of equating evidence with definitive proof.

A crazy story about some old lady's near death experience can be submitted as a piece of evidence.

But that wasn't even my point. My point is that just because you are not aware of any such "evidence," doesn't mean none exists.

Same logic on the phantom WMD's. Just because none were found, doesn't prove, AS A MATTER OF FACT, that they never existed. It might be highly highly probable that they never existed, but it's still a thing that can never be proven as a fact.

hindsight, buddy.. the unfortunate thing about death is that ferry fallwell doesn't get to come back from nothing and let you know that your life is like the flame of a candle. Sorry, I was alluding to evidence that matters.. not some grainy photo of what may or may not be the loch ness monster. But, do continue to lecture me on automatic assumptions since i'm the one taking the position that an unprovable concept is real unless there is evidence otherwise. Thanks for the phantom WMD example.

Now, did you want to start whipping out evidence or shall we jump right into crying about that Shogun cat..

hindsight, buddy.. the unfortunate thing about death is that ferry fallwell doesn't get to come back from nothing and let you know that your life is like the flame of a candle. Sorry, I was alluding to evidence that matters.. not some grainy photo of what may or may not be the loch ness monster. But, do continue to lecture me on automatic assumptions since i'm the one taking the position that an unprovable concept is real unless there is evidence otherwise. Thanks for the phantom WMD example.

Now, did you want to start whipping out evidence or shall we jump right into crying about that Shogun cat..

Evidence that matters...?

I'd say that's subjective to say the least, but no, I'm not interested in debating the existence of a soul. The original topic of discussion assumes that the soul does exist. If you choose to dismiss the topic on the grounds that it's rooted in a faulty premise, then STFU and go smoke a few more Marlboros.

Precisely.

Precisely.

oh well THAT was convincing...

Tell me, do you have to dodge his swinging meat while hanging onto his nuts like that?

Hell, if I were him I'd start thinking about deleting that post given that the only support comes from you, baba..

Evidence that matters...?

I'd say that's subjective to say the least, but no, I'm not interested in debating the existence of a soul. The original topic of discussion assumes that the soul does exist. If you choose to dismiss the topic on the grounds that it's rooted in a faulty premise, then STFU and go smoke a few more Marlboros.

Yea.. I'd probably dodge that one too if I were you. Since I just corrected your confusion about what constitutes evidence i'd hate for you to have to further embarrass yourself.

Forum List

Back