Abbas says Hamas is to blame

Supporting the Palestinian leadership, directly or indirectly, passively or actively [of Gaza] is supporting terrorism.

I'm just wondering how much emphasis Israel places on REWARDING honest efforts towards peace.. It's uncharacteristically stupid to be annexing acres of West Bank land at this date. Instead -- Israel ought to give the PAuthority limited access to the Knesset, start joint law enforcement activities, extend internal trade zones and work on propping up the PA.

The goal is to achieve a partnership with mutual respect. And if Gaza needs to remain "contained" during that process -- that's just too damn bad for them. The PA is the best chance for peace that Israel has -- and statements like the ones from Abbas are to be admired.
Shin Bet Chief met with Abbas during the past month in regard of the Hamas foiled attempt to take over the WB, and Abbas is the only 'possible' solution to my humble opinion, not because he promise ridiculously demands to the pals, and not because he is a reliable personality, but only because whatever he will ask is in the frame of reality-and he care about the Pals better than any other alternative out there, this is what we can relay on, but I simply think that the better solution would be one sided only, Israel will claim official mandatory over Gaza and the WB, assisting the Palestinians to get out of the mud and stabilize and so on Allah Kbir.

Supporting the Palestinian leadership, directly or indirectly, passively or actively [of Gaza] is supporting terrorism.

I'm just wondering how much emphasis Israel places on REWARDING honest efforts towards peace.. It's uncharacteristically stupid to be annexing acres of West Bank land at this date. Instead -- Israel ought to give the PAuthority limited access to the Knesset, start joint law enforcement activities, extend internal trade zones and work on propping up the PA.

The goal is to achieve a partnership with mutual respect. And if Gaza needs to remain "contained" during that process -- that's just too damn bad for them. The PA is the best chance for peace that Israel has -- and statements like the ones from Abbas are to be admired.
Shin Bet Chief met with Abbas during the past month in regard of the Hamas foiled attempt to take over the WB, and Abbas is the only 'possible' solution to my humble opinion, not because he promise ridiculously demands to the pals, and not because he is a reliable personality, but only because whatever he will ask is in the frame of reality-and he care about the Pals better than any other alternative out there, this is what we can relay on, but I simply think that the better solution would be one sided only, Israel will claim official mandatory over Gaza and the WB, assisting the Palestinians to get out of the mud and stabilize and so on Allah Kbir.

Need more relations with the PA.. Israel attempting to dictate solutions at this point will just make a bad long occupation -- worse. The PA needs to accept a gradual process -- rather than a Grand Solution. And to trust that Israel really does not want Gaza or the West Bank or millions of pissed-off Muslims within it's borders..

It's not just Abbas "cares" about the Palis. He represents those Palis that want the dignity of self-government, a stable govt, some legal and economic infrastructure. You know --- the stuff that Hamas doesn't give 2 shits about..

Need to get out of the occupation biz in the West Bank. Nobody does this well.. Ask Bush/Obama or the Brits.

I think, if that is what's going on, that Abbas and others in the Muslim leadership want to escape the appearance of extremism, this is not a good sign for us.

It only makes the global jihadists appear more friendly and benign, making them more difficult to combat or defend against.

I think what youre saying is you would prefer they behave in a manner that allows you to publicly dehumanize them without repercussions, so you can then proceed to annihilate them while looking like the good guys.

Seems like that MIGHT be what the poster said. I tend to believe that the majority of Palis WANT to negotiate responsibly. And that is impossible as long the Pali leadership is fragmented and fighting.

It's obvious that having "elections" 7 or 8 yrs ago was just a Public Relations stunt to impress Westerners. But SOME KIND of regular referendum needs to happen in the West Bank and Gaza.. They've delayed elections way too long.. Maybe Israel just makes peace with Abbas for the time being, establishes a working economic coupling. Maybe even cooperative development. That would pretty end Hama's control of Gaza..

that is the key, Prosperity&Dignity and Freedom!

Then why are you opposed to this happening in the west bank, and push the BDS movement so that joint ventures are doomed at the planning stage. The Soda stream factory employs Palestinians at extremely good wages, and many fringe benefits. This is a sign of mutual cooperation and yet the team Palestine idiots want to destroy it and put the Palestinians back on the scrap heap.

that is the key, Prosperity&Dignity!

Phoenall points out another gaping hole in your "rationale" and what do you do? You whip out your coloring book!
That has long been your response to stress but it's just avoidance.

It gets me that people slap a label of terrorism on something then take the position:

"I just FUCKING DARE YOU to say you support THAT!"

And them coming from a terrorist state, which is just EXACTLY what Israel is anyhow, is just the sweetest of Ironies. :)
What's even more funny is to see Terrorist supporters in American Forum board, claiming Israel is a terrorist state against the American position about it.
Many influential Jews in America support Palestinian Rights to the Land and abhor Israeli Fascism!
And not one Jew beheaded another Jew.
Fascinating.

Thing is, cooperation between Israel and Abbas can be sold to those hapless Palestinian "refugees" (by Hamas) as capitulation. What we have here is an opportunity for Abbas to negotiate a smaller chunk of land which could make him appear the hero. A win-win.

Thing is, cooperation between Israel and Abbas can be sold to those hapless Palestinian "refugees" (by Hamas) as capitulation. What we have here is an opportunity for Abbas to negotiate a smaller chunk of land which could make him appear the hero. A win-win.

Let them call it whatever they want. If Abbas gets to set up a true Pali nation in the West Bank with economic and political ties to the rest of the civilized world --- the Gazans are gonna look like mental midgets with fireworks and Jihadi chants. Israel should VALIDATE the PA as a true negotiating partner and give it their best shots at the "hearts and minds" of folks who want sovereignty and peace. If it ends in another intifada -- we're all done with the issues..

Palestine needs both military pressure and diplomatic pressure to end the occupation, so it needs both Hamas and the P.A.

Strangely, before the attack on Gaza Hamas was about finished, broke, little support, sidelined and had almost capitulated to Fatah, agreeing a 'union' in which Hamas had none of the Heads of Department positions.

Without the attack on Gaza, Palestine would only have the diplomatic route, which has failed over and over.
It would seem that Israeli cock-up beats conspiracy, yet again.

Let them call it whatever they want. If Abbas gets to set up a true Pali nation in the West Bank with economic and political ties to the rest of the civilized world --- the Gazans are gonna look like mental midgets with fireworks and Jihadi chants. Israel should VALIDATE the PA as a true negotiating partner and give it their best shots at the "hearts and minds" of folks who want sovereignty and peace. If it ends in another intifada -- we're all done with the issues..

Palestine needs both military pressure and diplomatic pressure to end the occupation, so it needs both Hamas and the P.A.

Strangely, before the attack on Gaza Hamas was about finished, broke, little support, sidelined and had almost capitulated to Fatah, agreeing a 'union' in which Hamas had none of the Heads of Department positions.

Without the attack on Gaza, Palestine would only have the diplomatic route, which has failed over and over.
Very similar situation before Sunday Bloody Sunday, the Provisional IRA in Northern Ireland were few and far between,public support was at its lowest.Then for some reason the Conservative and Unionist party, decided to send in one of the toughest strike regiments in the world, they sent the Paratroop Regiment in to assist with policing. SBS happened, the rest is history.

The least that the Palestinians need now is a "military" pressure to draw the bad attention they'll get from Israel, diplomatic pressure also proved to be incredibly useless since Israel won't hesitate to any kind of solution by pressure, negotiations should be made always, regardless of preconditions and demands, the Palestinians are not in a solid ground of either diplomatically and military to pose that game.
It is a good alternative to discuss the WB although it is the most complicated issue first, and later on after proving such success to deal with Gaza, since Gaza is far beyond reach with the Hamas position.
The 'Unity' government was probably one the most stupid moves Abbas could ever consider since:
1.There is no such 'unity' in that.
2.It is a spit on the face of Israel, specially past the preconditions fulfilled by Israel and the 9 month negotiations.
3.It force Abbas under the flute of the Hamas.
4.It does prevent any kind of possible solution by worsen the complicity of the conflict involving the WB in unnecessarily chaos followed by Gaza.

Ignoring all Israeli interests won't create a solution, sadly, nobody ever thought about it, which is why instead of real negotiation we having an emotional card game instead.

I think, if that is what's going on, that Abbas and others in the Muslim leadership want to escape the appearance of extremism, this is not a good sign for us.

It only makes the global jihadists appear more friendly and benign, making them more difficult to combat or defend against.

I think what youre saying is you would prefer they behave in a manner that allows you to publicly dehumanize them without repercussions, so you can then proceed to annihilate them while looking like the good guys.

Seems like that MIGHT be what the poster said. I tend to believe that the majority of Palis WANT to negotiate responsibly. And that is impossible as long the Pali leadership is fragmented and fighting.

It's obvious that having "elections" 7 or 8 yrs ago was just a Public Relations stunt to impress Westerners. But SOME KIND of regular referendum needs to happen in the West Bank and Gaza.. They've delayed elections way too long.. Maybe Israel just makes peace with Abbas for the time being, establishes a working economic coupling. Maybe even cooperative development. That would pretty end Hama's control of Gaza..

Then why are you opposed to this happening in the west bank, and push the BDS movement so that joint ventures are doomed at the planning stage. The Soda stream factory employs Palestinians at extremely good wages, and many fringe benefits. This is a sign of mutual cooperation and yet the team Palestine idiots want to destroy it and put the Palestinians back on the scrap heap.

Phoenall points out another gaping hole in your "rationale" and what do you do? You whip out your coloring book!
Oh Sniff, what gaping hole was that? I thought I pointed out a gaping hole in his rationale that Freedom was needed before a partnership could evolve...

But hey, I like debating 'ol Sniffer, rationale eludes it when it comes to honest discussion of the Jewish state.

Not quite sure what Tzipi meant when she referred to "closing doors to all the other options".. But I suspect she IS concentrating on the PA and the WB. Israel can't be stopped by Arab political division.. Israel needs to STRENGTHEN the hands that want to negotiate. So that if the WB Palis SUCCEED in flying a flag over their own Parliament -- that it can withstand the inter-Arab conflict that is sure to result..

Here's what I believe --- The threat of inter-Arab turmoil in the region is VERY apparent at the moment. A new young Pali nation would be a mere SNACK for ISIS or the Muslim Brotherhood. And that Pali nation couldn't do better than to ally with Israel for defense and border security.
For that REASON -- Hamas and want IT wants is irrelevent.

And Israel can't play "Charlie Brown and the football" (i can explain if you need it :D) like they did in Gaza. Delivering land to one Moderate political entity and finding out months later, that the new mgt is flying a terrorist flag. Can't happen again. More attention needs to be paid to JOINT SECURITY. Because secure borders are very important this year --- EVERYWHERE around the world..

Oh Sniff, what gaping hole was that? I thought I pointed out a gaping hole in his rationale that Freedom was needed before a partnership could evolve...

But hey, I like debating 'ol Sniffer, rationale eludes it when it comes to honest discussion of the Jewish state.

Oh please Pbel! Your 'rationale' is one of the most flawed here.

Oh please Pbel! Your 'rationale' is one of the most flawed here.
Reply whiner, I'll be glad to debate your point.

Not quite sure what Tzipi meant when she referred to "closing doors to all the other options".. But I suspect she IS concentrating on the PA and the WB. Israel can't be stopped by Arab political division.. Israel needs to STRENGTHEN the hands that want to negotiate. So that if the WB Palis SUCCEED in flying a flag over their own Parliament -- that it can withstand the inter-Arab conflict that is sure to result..

Here's what I believe --- The threat of inter-Arab turmoil in the region is VERY apparent at the moment. A new young Pali nation would be a mere SNACK for ISIS or the Muslim Brotherhood. And that Pali nation couldn't do better than to ally with Israel for defense and border security.

And Israel can't play "Charlie Brown and the football" (i can explain if you need it :D) like they did in Gaza. Delivering land to one Moderate political entity and finding out months later, that the new mgt is flying a terrorist flag. Can't happen again. More attention needs to be paid to JOINT SECURITY. Because secure borders are very important this year --- EVERYWHERE around the world..

Yup, just like World War Z, eventually they come to us :lmao:

I have been preaching for years that the Arab Nation had time on its side and knows that constant resistance in a War of Attrition would eventually implode any invader which has thus far worked historically...

Only peace and prosperity for Israel's immediate neighbors could win over acceptance for the Jewish state, because Judaism and Islam are not incompatible as history has shown...

Dann
http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=19797
All of you Palestinian-Terrorism advocates should be ashamed,claiming that you actually care about the Palestinians.
@Humanity ,@Penelope ,@Billo_Really, @Quadavius, @Challenger

Oh Danny, you are at it AGAIN...

Can you show me where I have ONCE said that I support terrorism?

Copy and paste the post, like you did with the last one, where you ended up with egg on your face!
Supporting offensive/violent reaction of the Palestinians against Israel, is called Palestinian-Terrorism advocate.
Peace with Israelis - Possible

Peace with Zionists - IMPOSSIBLE.
Bullshit, peace with Muslim extremists is impossible.

Bullshit, peace with Jewish extremists is impossible.
Out of all your posts I chose this one, to show where you're being 'evasive', the Palestinian-Terrorism is relayed on either peaceful diplomatic solution or violent military solution, every time someone bothered to explain in detail what is the purpose of this and that you blasting on the Palestinians behalf, claiming that Israel one day would be punished, by whom? doesn't matter.
The post is clearly NOT a voice of neutrality. Despite various truces, HAMAS/Islamists continue to fire rockets into Israel and refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. When Israel was created, the Muslims refused to live under an "infidel" government and conducted an exodus of their own free will. They weren't thrown out.
My stance on it is that Israel should just go in and destroy everything within Gaza and the West Bank and be done with it.

Despite various truces, Israel continue air strikes into Gaza and refuse to acknowledge Hamas right to exist...

Does that sound familiar?

My stance on it is that Israel should pull out of Gaza and Palestine and abide by the UN resolutions that are in place AGAINST Israel...

Simple
So far its the Terrorist Organization called Hamas[in Gaza], refusing to acknowledge Hamas right to exist is a good thing, because the opposition is to pretty much accept to acknowledge Hamas right to exist, sounds familiar?

Danny let's see if I can make it clear to you...

I have not in the past nor do I intend to in the future support offensive/violent/terrorism of ANY kind!

In NO post have I ever supported terrorism...

Again, you make statements that you cannot back up.

You just make assumptions about me, personally, yet you don't even know me!

Get a grip man and try and stick with fact rather than what your warped mind tries to think!

"Humanity" - yeah, I get it.

I could swear you once stuck up for ....EVIL terrorists - (hamass was being mentioned i think?)
let's take other evil terrorists, like icehole "beheaders" - didn't you say something like:

"they're people too or we're all human beings (including them)".....something to that effect....??

the death penalty is NOT a deterrent - i would rather have "them" rot in a tiny jail cell....BUT, in the beheaders case....he qualifies........

he's dead inside anyway. good riddance. it would bother you ?

I have been preaching for years that the Arab Nation had time on its side and knows that constant resistance in a War of Attrition would eventually implode any invader which has thus far worked historically...

Only peace and prosperity for Israel's immediate neighbors could win over acceptance for the Jewish state, because Judaism and Islam are not incompatible as history has shown...

So Islamists get along with Hindus? Christians? Each other?

So Islamists get along with Hindus? Christians? Each other?

Well, you seem to, as most folks here, confuse religion and politics...

Ask the question properly...

So Muslims get along with Hindus? Christians? Each other? Well, strangely enough yes they do! They also get along quite nicely with Jews, Catholics, Protestants and a whole range of other religions...

As a non muslim I have traveled in Muslim countries without any problem. As a non Jew I have traveled in Israel without any problem... In fact I would go so far as to say that both Muslim and Jew were more than welcoming to me, far more than any expectations I could ever have had.

Do Islamists get along with Zionists? And vice versa? Well thats a completely different matter...

No of course not... That's like asking do Democrats get on with Republicans.

No of course not...

See the difference?

Islamists and Zionists are politically driven and, to be honest, neither of them are in my top 1000 of favorite political organisations!

I find it unfortunate that there are far too many people on this forum who consciously mix the 'religion' and the 'politics', often to try and support their own arguments!

And there are far too many people on this forum who 'believe' the often confusing posts!

Forum List

Back