A Tea Party Wants Mandatory Christmas Carols In Public Schools

Here's one tea party type who wants to tar and feather this moron who passed the initiative and ariana huffington at the same time.

Maybe harry reid too :D That bonehead isn't worth the tar.

I'd be lying if I said I can stand Ariana's voice with that accent. :lol:

And tarring Reid would be a waste of taxpayers money. :eusa_whistle:

i'd pay for that out of pocket :lol:

are those national holidays ravi?
It doesn't matter. National holidays aren't mandatory to observe.

Congress can make no law, etc. If you mandate exposure to one religion you must mandate exposure to all.

option,, it's all about options as opposed to a few on the left mandating nothing religous is allowed.. people are tired of the left shoving them around. Tea Party.

Yeah those darn founding fathers and their liberal seperation of church and state.

Congress can make no law, etc. If you mandate exposure to one religion you must mandate exposure to all.

option,, it's all about options as opposed to a few on the left mandating nothing religous is allowed.. people are tired of the left shoving them around. Tea Party.

Yeah those darn founding fathers and their liberal seperation of church and state.

people are tired of you and your ilk pushing them around!

Man ... I remember singing XMas carols in elementary school and it being fun ... we had a couple of Jewish kids in my grade we got draddles and sang the draddle song ... nobody cared.

I miss the 80's

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnzVq2t7bi4[/ame]

:lol:

I still did that when I was in elementary school too.

do you support abolishing christmas as a national holiday?

Then they also need to provide an option to hear Islamic chants for Ramadan and Jewish chants for any Jewish holiday. Maybe a Buddha in the cafeteria and a sacred cow on the playground. Or face litigation if they do not.

are those national holidays ravi?

lmao....so public schools can require kids to attend school on christmas? yes or no?

your thread title and the initiative's purpose, according to the OP, do not mesh...

The initiative would require schools to provide children the opportunity to listen to or perform Christmas carols, and would subject the schools to litigation if the rule isn't followed.

whats wrong with providing an opportunity? seems you are against freedom....

Sounds like there's already an opportunity:

Schools currently are allowed to offer Christmas music as long as it is used for academic purposes rather than devotional purposes and isn't used to promote a particular religious belief, according to an analysis by the California Legislative Analyst's Office.

:rofl:

I like this truthmatters guy, you almost entertain me as much as Beck :lol:

Why do you think the founders found the separation of church and state so important?

you do know where the concept of the seperation of church and state originates from right? I'll give you a hint it was from a letter written by___________........more hints to follow if needed.

This, and we all know that won't happen. The second that anyone offers to make even the most simple lesson about Islam, many parents will flip the fuck out.

The title thread is not dishonest. (Not saying this to you Ravi)

The schools will face punishment if they do not fulfill this proposed requirement. That makes it mandatory in the schools.

it is dishonest....they are not mandating christmas carols for everyone, they want the opportunity....quite different than mandating subject X taught to all students....

you are either being intentionally dishonest, or you have no clue what opportunity means...

Man ... I remember singing XMas carols in elementary school and it being fun ... we had a couple of Jewish kids in my grade we got draddles and sang the draddle song ... nobody cared.

I miss the 80's

:lol:

I still did that when I was in elementary school too.

And it didn't kill ya, right?

I mean, really, the PC'ing of Holiday season sucks, dude.

lmao....so public schools can require kids to attend school on christmas? yes or no?

Why would they do that?

answer the question....can they require school attendance on christmas day? yes or no....

your thread title and the initiative's purpose, according to the OP, do not mesh...

The initiative would require schools to provide children the opportunity to listen to or perform Christmas carols, and would subject the schools to litigation if the rule isn't followed.

whats wrong with providing an opportunity? seems you are against freedom....

Sounds like there's already an opportunity:

Schools currently are allowed to offer Christmas music as long as it is used for academic purposes rather than devotional purposes and isn't used to promote a particular religious belief, according to an analysis by the California Legislative Analyst's Office.

but the schools don't have to offer it...hence the difference

Forum List

Back