A Tea Party Wants Mandatory Christmas Carols In Public Schools

Kids in schoold sing Christmas carols. If anyone wants the Christian ones, send your kids to Christian schools.

It's always something..

You are confusing the 'freedom of religion' with 'freedom from religion'....again. And, Christmas is a Christian festival. Perhaps the public schools should ignore it altogether.

It's a FEDERAL holiday, I don't think they are allowed to ignore it.

For those who want it and the religious songs associated with it taken out of our schools altogether, I suggest you start the process now. I doubt you'll succeed, but you are welcome to try.

Or.... in the spirit of equality and inclusiveness, perhaps the children who would like to participate should be allowed to do so and the non-Christian kids could not participate. Since Christmas is a Christian festival celebrated on Dec 25, I think that no non Christian should decide when we can celebrate and in what way.

as long as no tax dollars are involded. And no non christian childrens rights are stomped on.
I fully agree.

btw Children are not Christians till the age of consent.
I was forced to attend church till I was 16, however I was not allowed to join the church (had I desired) till I was an adult.

I could not give a shit what 'issues' you did or did not face as a child. That is neither here nor there to anyone but you.

No one is asking for anything other than an OPPORTUNITY for kids to sing some carols. Personally, I think it is sad - as well as pathetic - that whining by people who are not Christian takes precedence over a what should be a fun thing for the kids.

What I do find interesting is the amount of people who are not Christians but still celebrate Christmas.

Because, as my mother said, Christmas isn't just for Christians.

"A Tea Party Wants Mandatory Christmas Carols In Public Schools "

I for one, am sick of headlines which don't match the article. This isn't about making Christmas Carols mandatory but about making it so those that want to sing them can.

Singing Christmas Carols or singing songs of praise to Chairman O.? I'll still go with Christmas Carols. The Teachers who forced those children to sing songs of praise to Chairman O. should be fired immediately. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Singing Christmas Carols or singing songs of praise to Chairman O.? I'll still go with Christmas Carols. The Teachers who forced those children to sing songs of praise to Chairman O. should be fired immediately. Hey just my opinion anyway.

How about eliminating both type of songs from the school day?

-TSO

How about eliminating both type of songs from the school day?

-TSO

How about we don't indoctrinate school children to bow down to or worship living persons, but do allow them to enjoy a traditional season, including the music that goes along with it, that has become part of American culture and history? I can see all sorts of good reasons to not try to even slightly nudge school kids to worship a person, even Jesus Christ. I can't see any harm whatsoever in allowing school children to experience the amazing, wonderful, and uplifting music that has been written for the Christmas season or to deny the community the pleasurable and pleasant tradition of hearing them perform it. Ditto the music of other seasons, cultures, and religions.

Forum List

Back