DeMint: “We need to stop looking at the Tea Parties as Separate from the GOP"

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
DeMint Endorses Williams in Texas - Robert Costa - The Corner on National Review Online

“The GOP leadership needs to stand up for mainstream American principles,” says DeMint. The best way to do that, he says, is to “look to the great candidates we can support like Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Chuck DeVore, and now Michael Williams. They’re exciting, principled candidates who have all stood up to the Republican party.”

“We need to stop looking at the tea parties as separate from the Republican party,” adds DeMint. “If we do that, we can stand up and create the biggest tent of all.”

Eventually, the truth emerges. For once however, it seems that I somewhat agree with Senator DeMint. Though I wonder if any of his fellow Republican Senators would agree.

Discuss.

DeMint can blow it out his ass.

Dipshit republicans trying to steal the spotlight at some of the tea parties have been booed and hooted off the stage.

Like who? I see the tea parties embracing those who go to their rallies. Such as DeMint, Bachmann, Palin, etc.

fuck the gop. tea parties were made b/c of liberals like them

I don't know and this isn't about Sarah Palin.

Fact is that the tea party crowd cuts across all political identities.

It isn't about Sarah Palin, it's about being consistent. The one problem with the Tea parties having so many different groups is that their message is not consistent. Just recently, I see a tea party that wants to make Christmas Carols in schools by law. That goes against the whole idea of the Tea Party.

The new car smell is gone, now they all have to face the reality of the situation.

I think that the TEA Party is kind of a Rorshak (sp?) test. It is what you think it is.

I like it because to me it is about fiscal responsibility. I don't see it as having an agenda, but, of course, politics will imprint policy on it.

My ideal political party is one that takes as little money from me as is possible and leaves me the hell alone. Protect the borders, fix the roads, maintain the peace, care for those who cannot care for themselves, regulate within reason interstate commerce and deliver the mail.

All of this crap about providing equal rights, encouraging moral strength, class warfare, wealth re-distribution, bedroom regulation, forced do gooderism, righting imagined wrongs, fabricating threats and outright theft of the public's money is getting to be a little tiresome.

If the TEA Party is for common sense restaint, I'm for the TEA party. If the TEA Party is for dressing the same old whore in a new frock, I have no time for it.

The TEA Party needs an eloquent spokesman who is not already stained by the actions committed to prostitute his ideals to his party of the past. The country needs the same person.

Dipshit republicans trying to steal the spotlight at some of the tea parties have been booed and hooted off the stage.

Like who? I see the tea parties embracing those who go to their rallies. Such as DeMint, Bachmann, Palin, etc.

Yep--as a tea partier myself we will most certainly support conservative candidates. Doesn't matter if they're democrat, republican or independant--as long as they're conservative.

We will kick to the curb republican who is a moderate--or basically a democrat with an R behind their name.

Republicans should be worried. If they are not paying attention to the tea partiers--the conservatives of this country--that big tent is going to move away from them.

It isn't about Sarah Palin, it's about being consistent. The one problem with the Tea parties having so many different groups is that their message is not consistent. Just recently, I see a tea party that wants to make Christmas Carols in schools by law. That goes against the whole idea of the Tea Party.

The new car smell is gone, now they all have to face the reality of the situation.
Well, then I'd say that the problem is unreasonably high expectations on your part.

Besides that, it's the current authoritarian power structure that wants to dictate practically every aspect of what goes on in gubmint schools. Its should be of little surprise that a faction of the tea party crowd backlashes and decides to go for a little authoritarian control that you don't approve of.

Of course, since you didn't particularly care for the "new car smell" of the tea partiers in the first place, it comes as equally little surprise that guys like you would look for any given chance to exploit any picayune example of them not being a monolith that you could grab ahold of.

All of which, Dude, does not excuse the Teabaggers' lack of consistency. Which supports my opinion of your intellectual ability. Really, try to offer something of worth here, please.

DeMint Endorses Williams in Texas - Robert Costa - The Corner on National Review Online

“The GOP leadership needs to stand up for mainstream American principles,” says DeMint. The best way to do that, he says, is to “look to the great candidates we can support like Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Chuck DeVore, and now Michael Williams. They’re exciting, principled candidates who have all stood up to the Republican party.”

“We need to stop looking at the tea parties as separate from the Republican party,” adds DeMint. “If we do that, we can stand up and create the biggest tent of all.”

Eventually, the truth emerges. For once however, it seems that I somewhat agree with Senator DeMint. Though I wonder if any of his fellow Republican Senators would agree.

Discuss.

No....there's no divide in the GOP. What are those lefties talking about?:cuckoo:

Discuss.

The problem I see in your post Dogbert is, Demint acts like the tea party is there for his use. These guys can't change their stripes. Perhaps tea party members will be new age Republicans, but not because they bent their views to Demint. It is because new leaders will arrive for them to believe in.

Yep--as a tea partier myself we will most certainly support conservative candidates. Doesn't matter if they're democrat, republican or independant--as long as they're conservative.

We will kick to the curb republican who is a moderate--or basically a democrat with an R behind their name.

Republicans should be worried. If they are not paying attention to the tea partiers--the conservatives of this country--that big tent is going to move away from them.

They already have that's why the republicans lost the house and the senate, they became the fat country club swingers spending like a bunch of drunken sailors. I think the GOP has got that message loud and clear from the N.J and Virginia gubenatorial races, if they haven't they will lose again

Did you know that there are black conservatives?????? From what the libs tell me there are none.:lol::lol: From the link:

Later today, Sen. Jim DeMint (R., S.C.) will endorse a candidate to succeed Hutchison in an attempt to help push a conservative to the front of a crowded field. DeMint’s pick: Michael Williams, the Texas Railroad Commissioner and first African American to hold statewide office in the Lone Star State. This isn’t DeMint’s first foray into other states’ Senate races. He’s already backed conservative candidates like Marco Rubio in Florida and Chuck DeVore in California.

Last edited:
case

you guys just can't understand that some people don't vote lockstep, so you try to pigeon hole them....

point

No....there's no divide in the GOP. What are those lefties talking about?:cuckoo:

Nice try at comprehension. But, try again.

let's see...i say some want to pigeon hole people...you then, as i predicted, say there is no divide in the GOP....you just proved me right....

why don't you explain how i am wrong, if you can.....

Forum List

Back