A question to all Christians

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
My church is an accepting and open church.We do not judge anyone and state they are an abomination for their beliefs or sexual orientation. We find no where in The Bible where Jesus stated anything bad about gays.
Why do many of you claim we are wrong when Jesus is the reason we celebrate life?
Why are all of you so infatuated with someone else's sex life?
What does that have to do with being a Christian? How is it being Christlike condemning gay folks?

Good question.

I'm surprised nobody's said, "Hate the sin, love the sinner" yet.

Quite right.

Jesus does not mention homosexuality at all.

This all comes from Paul, who never actually met Jesus, and I suspect was a repressed homosexual.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Imagine how happy Paul could have been had he just got to Rome's more interesting bath houses in time.

My church is an accepting and open church.We do not judge anyone and state they are an abomination for their beliefs or sexual orientation. We find no where in The Bible where Jesus stated anything bad about gays.
Why do many of you claim we are wrong when Jesus is the reason we celebrate life?
What does that have to do with being a Christian? How is it being Christlike condemning gay folks?

Sounds like you may have a good church.
They do exist. And good ones are a valuable asset to a community.

And I do not even believe in god.

We don't get thunderstorms in Perth, we have been forsaken by Thor.

When I lived in Arkansas we got some God-like-terrible storms.

I used to sit naked under our giant oak tree drinking and thanking the universe for it's beauty and caprice.

The last time I ever spoke to my mother, it was under that oak tree.

I believe there is a God, but I do not believe that force gives a flying fuck how we fuck as long as we love the person we are doing it with.

Last edited:
As an outside observer of Christianity, it is interestng the changes that I have seen in over 60 years. I can remember the diatribes in the evangelical churches that many of my uncles were ministers in against the Whore of Rome. The sins of Miscegenation. Abomination of homosexuality. The lie of equality. And many other really strange, today, diatribes.

Some of those uncles now have grandchildren of beautifully mixed races. Because of the abortion issue, Catholics are accepted as fellow Christians. And much of the really farout wingnut stuff is gone because of the level of information now available to all.

The evangelicals that I know will always be conservative, and the last to move forward on many social issues. Yet, they have also established themselves to be the first to move in times of disaster and need. And better organized in this than many older organizations.

Ben Franklin was an agnostic, yet supported the good that the religions did. And was honored at his death by the priest, preacher, and rabbi walking arm in arm past his house during the funeral procession.

Ben Franklin was an agnostic, yet supported the good that the religions did. And was honored at his death by the priest, preacher, and rabbi walking arm in arm past his house during the funeral procession.

I am friends with and have the respect of 3 preachers. It was 4 but one died a few weeks ago.

So what your saying is you don't really care about your neighbor enough to help them come to Christ and repent of their sins?

We should all just sin till our hearts content. Pretend as though God has said absoluteley nothing about the sacred gift of creating life. We should let people destroy their souls and society in the name of false compassion.

Got ya.

he donated money towards the construction of every house of worship that was built in philadelphia during his lifetime.

"new Places of worship were continually wanted, and generally erected by voluntary Contribution, my Mite for such purpose, whatever might be the Sect, was never refused."-The Autobiography of Benj. Franklin

although he abandoned organized religion entirely, he always believed in God, as he saw him. pretty cool guy.

Forum List

Back