A question for pro-lifers...

I don't care if you agree or not.

But for the record would really appreciate it if instead of attributing fake stances to people and then arguing against THOSE, you would actually speak to what they actually DO claim...

I mean, not that it affects me personally, but you might actually learn something and you'd certainly be taken more seriously.

Sure you have. You've made egregious (false) claims about what pro-lifers believe, and then argued against THAT.

Repeatedly.

Sure you have. You've made egregious (false) claims about what pro-lifers believe, and then argued against THAT.

Repeatedly.

You are correct in that I started this thread under the assumption that all pro-lifer supporters agree that a fetus is a person.

Caligirl says some pro-lifers believe a fetus is a baby some don't. I've never met any who don't, but I will concede I don't know everyone in the world.

Again, for the dim wit...

"fetus" is just a name for a stage of life, the same as "baby" or "adult". It in no way implies non-humanity, or lack of life, any more than "senior citizen" does. Not all pro-life people believe a "fetus" is a "baby" because they recognize they aren't the same age, and those names identify development stages.

PS...a person doesn't have to be a "baby" to be a "person" or we wouldn't consider "adults" "people".

Last edited:
I don't worry much about cali's *thoughts*. I go by what people actually say.

I don't waste time arguing against falsely attributed stances, just as I don't argue points I've never made.
I left because I thought we had an understanding.

I repeat once again... Shut the fuck up. Because I can and will prove your hypocrisy. It's in this thread for the love of god.

I don't worry much about cali's *thoughts*. I go by what people actually say.
So do I. Look to yourself. Understand how you look to people who can actually recall the things you say.

I don't waste time arguing against falsely attributed stances, just as I don't argue points I've never made.

I repeat once again... Shut the fuck up. Because I can and will prove your hypocrisy. It's in this thread for the love of god.

*falls into a fit of giggles*

Your posts are always rep worthy.

*falls into a fit of giggles*

Your posts are always rep worthy.

Your posts are always fawning.

"fetus" is just a name for a stage of life, the same as "baby" or "adult". It in no way implies non-humanity, or lack of life, any more than "senior citizen" does. Not all pro-life people believe a "fetus" is a "baby" because they recognize they aren't the same age, and those names identify development stages.

PS...a person doesn't have to be a "baby" to be a "person" or we wouldn't consider "adults" "people".

Murder is the willful taking of the life of a person.
If abortion kills a person, why is it legal?

Why is it legal for the state to kill people?

You tell me - people justify the death penalty by claiming that because they have committed crimes, they forfeit their right to life. But it doesn't change the fact that it is killing.

I guess murder is okay - depending on who you kill.

Because the Supreme Court decision that made abortion legal claimed that while under the law the potential to become a person was equivalent to being a person, since the Constitution did not explicitly state that an unborn child had constitutional rights, the Court decided that the unborn child was entitled to no protections under the Constitution. So according to the Court, abortion does amount to killing a person, but it is a person with no legal rights, so it's ok.

Because the Supreme Court decision that made abortion legal claimed that while under the law the potential to become a person was equivalent to being a person, since the Constitution did not explicitly state that an unborn child had constitutional rights, the Court decided that the unborn child was entitled to no protections under the Constitution. So according to the Court, abortion does amount to killing a person, but it is a person with no legal rights, so it's ok.

How does your law (or SCOTUS) define when personhood begins?

You tell me - people justify the death penalty by claiming that because they have committed crimes, they forfeit their right to life. But it doesn't change the fact that it is killing.

I guess murder is okay - depending on who you kill.

You support killing, not me. I oppose both abortion and the death penalty. why is it legal for the state to kill people?

Can you link that for me please? That seems like a very stupid stance for them to take. Don't get me wrong... It's believable it is the government after all.

Forum List

Back