A President and Church Attendance - does it matter to you?

Does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Depends on my personal left or right wing partisan views.

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
For me its simple, I personally dont think abortion is an acceptable choice unless its rape/life of mother. Its legal and i'm a liberatrian minded person so I'm not going to run around telling women they can't have abortions, but If I gotmy woman pregnant you can be sure I'd fight for my child to not be murdered if she wanted an abortion (in the end I can't stop her but I sure can make a stink ;))

I really like the part I bolded. Is your girlfriend your property now? ;)

It all depends on whether or not her reply is "you are" when "her man" slaps her on the ass and says , "who's yer daddy?" Just sayin'. ;)
Can I date her avatar? LOL

I don't want a President who believes in mythical creatures

Yeah like the tax cut fairy?

Tax cut fairies are real

All of our nations problems can be cured through tax cuts. Especially tax cuts for our wealthy
No.. taxcuts for those that actually pay taxes. Not those who get back from the government more than they put in... if anything.

I know I got all my money back this year and possibly even more. Gotta love that EIC and all sorts of other wealth redistribution programs in the tax code already. I don't take some deductions because they are part of the problem with this nation.

Again, unlike too many in my position... I have scruples.

Oh, I am waiting for the day that the debt fairies come around and pay off all our outstanding debt with fairy sprinkles, because that's what the dollar's going to be worth... dust.

The first family, once regular churchgoers, have publicly attended services in Washington just three times in the past year, by ABC News' count, even bypassing the pews on Christmas Day.
LOL! He misses his beloved Jeremiah Wright.
Bush rarely went to church.
Bush is history; get over him.

Last edited:
Too dangerous for him to attend any church. Times have changed. Might be nice if he spent more time in the White House.

It is only an issue if they claim to be a god fearing Christian.

If they claim to be a good christian but do not go to church....

or support abortion......

not all christians are anti-choice.

and what one chooses for oneself should be different than what one tries to impose on others.

nice try. But I do love the 'i hate government' extremists who only like government when it wants to impose THEIR religious beliefs on others.

Last edited:
None of my business

I wish this was the way everybody viewed religion. In England and other european countries most people just keep their religion to themselves. Would be a lot less animosity towards people if that was the case. Faith is a personal thing. Frankly I get annoyed by people that constantly have to tell or show everybody else how much faith they have

It is only an issue if they claim to be a god fearing Christian.

If they claim to be a good christian but do not go to church....
Never understood the "god fearing" claims people make. Why would you fear your god? wouldn't god want you to believe not based on fear?

Today's poll question, does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

Drudge headline - One Year Later, No Church... leads to this ABC News story.

President Obama's First Year: Keeping Faith in the White House - ABC News

Holy BlackBerry! Obama Finds Ways to Keep the Faith During First Year in Office
Has the First Family's D.C. Church Search Come to a Close?
By DEVIN DWYER
Jan. 29, 2010

If church attendance is one measure of a man's faith, then President Obama may appear to have lost some of his. The first family, once regular churchgoers, have publicly attended services in Washington just three times in the past year, by ABC News' count, even bypassing the pews on Christmas Day.

The Obamas will start looking for a church community in Washington, D.C.Obama quit Chicago's embattled Trinity United Church of Christ months before taking office in 2008 and has not formally joined a new one in his new hometown.

But sources familiar with the president's personal life say Obama remains a faithful Christian while in the White House, practicing his beliefs regularly in private with family and the aid of his BlackBerry.

"Barack Obama is a Christian. He's always been clear and unapologetic about that, and he's comfortable with his own faith," Rev. Jim Wallis, an Obama friend and spiritual adviser, said. "But I think the president, particularly a president, needs the kind of pastoral care or spiritual counsel with people who don't have a political agenda. And it's hard for a president to get that." ..............................

An avowed Christian would attend church. A Marxist will not.

Today's poll question, does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

Drudge headline - One Year Later, No Church... leads to this ABC News story.

President Obama's First Year: Keeping Faith in the White House - ABC News

Holy BlackBerry! Obama Finds Ways to Keep the Faith During First Year in Office
Has the First Family's D.C. Church Search Come to a Close?
By DEVIN DWYER
Jan. 29, 2010

If church attendance is one measure of a man's faith, then President Obama may appear to have lost some of his. The first family, once regular churchgoers, have publicly attended services in Washington just three times in the past year, by ABC News' count, even bypassing the pews on Christmas Day.

The Obamas will start looking for a church community in Washington, D.C.Obama quit Chicago's embattled Trinity United Church of Christ months before taking office in 2008 and has not formally joined a new one in his new hometown.

But sources familiar with the president's personal life say Obama remains a faithful Christian while in the White House, practicing his beliefs regularly in private with family and the aid of his BlackBerry.

"Barack Obama is a Christian. He's always been clear and unapologetic about that, and he's comfortable with his own faith," Rev. Jim Wallis, an Obama friend and spiritual adviser, said. "But I think the president, particularly a president, needs the kind of pastoral care or spiritual counsel with people who don't have a political agenda. And it's hard for a president to get that." ..............................

I would prefer a president who didn't believe in any god or religion.

I'll accept a president who doesn't attend any LEFT WING or RIGHT WING church or religion

"I would prefer a president who didn't believe in any god or religion."-rikules

Hear, hear, I agree.

I don't care if he attends church or even if he believes.

I care if he lies. I find it alarming that he attended church every Sunday when Jeremiah Wright was preaching, but apparently can't find anyone else he's willing to listen to.

I don't care if he attends church or even if he believes.

I care if he lies. I find it alarming that he attended church every Sunday when Jeremiah Wright was preaching, but apparently can't find anyone else he's willing to listen to.

For political gain. The church heavy into social justice and community organizing. Large church, large attendance, and a parishoner with political ambitions.

Forum List

Back