A President and Church Attendance - does it matter to you?

Does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Depends on my personal left or right wing partisan views.

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Zander, I don't think politicians could get elected by just being what they are.

Politicians have to be by nature pretty agressive and success minded.

I don't like it when Republicans use religion as a tool either.....Just be what you are.

Not in America at least.

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

An atheist would seem to have the hardest time getting elected president, as a majority of Americans (53%) say they would not vote for a presidential candidate who was an atheist.

And that's just on the basis of being an Atheist. Never mind their political views.

or support abortion......

or the death penalty........

see option 3 in the poll.

Or.......damn it i like the list so far and want to add more :D

Just so you know i'm openly anti-death penalty and anti-abortion except for rare instances with both. And I know this sentance will make no sense to you after the first one but i'm also pro-choice.

Wanna know how I reconcile that?

Sounds familiar enough that I think I have a pretty good idea. ;)

And as for my vote, I couldn't care less whether a POTUS goes to church. That's another thing that's none of my business.

Depends if the church he goes to preaches hate and bigotry like the church he attended in Chicago with that hateful friend and preacher Rev Wright.

He's an adult and can handle his spirituality as he sees fit. I have wondered though how Michelle and him feel about not having their daughters attend church on a regular basis anymore.

I don't want a President who believes in mythical creatures

I don't want a President who believes in mythical creatures

Then you must hate Obama, he believes in Unicorns! He rode one right into the Oval Office!!

obama,sparkle,motion,toontown,unicorns,are,scary-c972fcca3b71381e1355b9852b5c1bef_h.jpg
obama_unicorn_rush_limbaugh.jpg
obamabettyunicorn.jpg
obamasunicornluv.jpg

Last edited:
Can't answer the poll. Other really.

If he was going to a racist, Jim Crow loving, 8th day creationist baptist church, yes. I'd be ecstatic he's not going to church. Same way if he was at a black liberation, hate whitey apostolic church.

On the other hand, if he started going to one of those types of churches that preached hate, I'd be upset with him going.

If he left a more 'mainstream'/sane church that didn't preach hate and racism because of skin color... whether he went or not doesn't matter to me.

or support abortion......

Just so you know i'm openly anti-death penalty and anti-abortion except for rare instances with both. And I know this sentance will make no sense to you after the first one but i'm also pro-choice.

Makes perfectly good sense to me!!..:clap2:

Probably the same way I do, but feel free to share.

BTW, I am pro-death penalty, but do have some issues where the system has played fast and loose in an effort to get a conviction at any cost and imprisoned or put to death the wrong person.

For me its simple, I personally dont think abortion is an acceptable choice unless its rape/life of mother. Its legal and i'm a liberatrian minded person so I'm not going to run around telling women they can't have abortions, but If I got my woman pregnant you can be sure I'd fight for my child to not be murdered if she wanted an abortion (in the end I can't stop her but I sure can make a stink ;))

BTW, I am pro-death penalty, but do have some issues where the system has played fast and loose in an effort to get a conviction at any cost and imprisoned or put to death the wrong person.

For me its simple, I personally dont think abortion is an acceptable choice unless its rape/life of mother. Its legal and i'm a liberatrian minded person so I'm not going to run around telling women they can't have abortions, but If I gotmy woman pregnant you can be sure I'd fight for my child to not be murdered if she wanted an abortion (in the end I can't stop her but I sure can make a stink ;))

I really like the part I bolded. Is your girlfriend your property now? ;)

Don't care at all.

Hell its a pretty good probability that Half the presidents who attended church every Sunday could care less either.

For me its simple, I personally dont think abortion is an acceptable choice unless its rape/life of mother. Its legal and i'm a liberatrian minded person so I'm not going to run around telling women they can't have abortions, but If I gotmy woman pregnant you can be sure I'd fight for my child to not be murdered if she wanted an abortion (in the end I can't stop her but I sure can make a stink ;))

I really like the part I bolded. Is your girlfriend your property now? ;)

It all depends on whether or not her reply is "you are" when "her man" slaps her on the ass and says , "who's yer daddy?" Just sayin'. ;)

Last edited:
Hell with the church service..

How much does he put in the collection plate?

Forum List

Back