A hefty dose of "irony," anyone???

Hmm....a 100% on topic thread directly concerning politics is quietly moved to the general discussion forum.

Nice!

How does that impact anything?

It's quietly put away in the back closet where no one will see it rather than on the front page. There was no reason to move it.

How so? When one searches for "new posts" does Gen discussion get ignored?
The better question is, why move it? It's not a timely and developing political subject?

If you need to ask, ask. However to me it's like arguing about a leaky faucet while on a sinking Titanic.

Great. You didn't need to respond. It was a general post.

Yes, the Nunes tree.

The minority memo only gives expanded background from the affidavit that provides a clearer context of the Nunes memo.

Not surprising that it's release was blocked.

The minority memo no one in Congress has seen ... Because it doesn't exist ... :21:
Of course it is difficult to prove something no one has seen and will never be made public doesn't exist ... But it will be entertaining either way.

No. No one has seen it because it's classified. How does a committee vote to not release it if it's not real?

It's beyond ironic nat. Swalwell indicated that Little Devin admitted to not even reading the POS that his staff put together.

And of course in the spirit of fairness, Dems not allowed to present the minority view.

I think they should just leak it at this point.

The minority has been leaking their stupid point of view for over a year now ... :thup:

Nay - the leakers are Trump White House staffers alarmed at Mango Mussolini's behavior.

Nay - the leakers are Trump White House staffers alarmed at Mango Mussolini's behavior.

Pfft ... The minority leaks their retarded opinion any time anyone sticks a camera in their face ... :113:
It's not like they make a secret of it ... Their opinions leak right out their mouths like the runny crap it is.

No. No one has seen it because it's classified. How does a committee vote to not release it if it's not real?

No one has seen it because it doesn't exist ... Unlike the Nunes memo which has been reviewed by members of Congress ... :thup:
The committee voted not to release a memo that doesn't exist and no one in Congress has reviewed.

I am still hoping Democrats hitch their wagon to it though ... It seems to have captured your imagination (in every sense of the word).

No one has seen it because it doesn't exist ... Unlike the Nunes memo which has been reviewed by members of Congress ... :thup:
The committee voted not to release a memo that doesn't exist and no one in Congress has reviewed.

I am still hoping Democrats hitch their wagon to it though ... It seems to have captured your imagination (in every sense of the word).

You're having a fabulously fact-free morning. It is ten pages long with meticulous point by point debunking. It has been made available to Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee but nobody bothered to read it before they said "NO FAIR!"

The committee voted not to release a memo that does not exist? :cuckoo:

As we all well know, right wing, trump sycophants railed against Hillary Clinton's emails because those emails may have exposed our "enemies" to sensitive and confidential information.

So, what SHOULD seem rather ironic even to those brain-dead Trump sycophants, is that the release of this right-wing prepared memo blasting the FBI, PRECISELY releases sensitive and confidential information to not only the American public but to every enemy out there in how such information is gathered and analyzed,

Just a bit of the hefty dose of irony in an extremely partisan political environment.

In this case the proper procedures were followed, and the release is authorized.

In the other cases people were not following the rules.

Fail thread is fail.

In this case the proper procedures were followed, and the release is authorized.

Authorized by whom?
The DOJ has objected to the release.

The DOJ works for the President. If he authorizes it he overrides them.

The DOJ does not personally work for Trump, like Trump thinks.. They are not his little personal army..

The DOJ works for the american people. That being said, the DOJ is part of the executive branch of our government of which the president is the chief executive. Either the president is in charge or he is not.

It's quietly put away in the back closet where no one will see it rather than on the front page. There was no reason to move it.

I was directly told that my "bashing Trump" threads do NOT belong in the "politics" forum.....Go figure.

The DOJ works for the american people. That being said, the DOJ is part of the executive branch of our government of which the president is the chief executive. Either the president is in charge or he is not.

The statute for appointing a special counsel,DIRECTLY states that such is done when the "regular" investigative entities (read, DOJ) CANNOT fairly investigate someone or something with which there is a direct conflict of bias.

Ergo, since Mueller is investigating the executive branch, such a task should NOT be left to the whims of those being investigated.

I was directly told that my "bashing Trump" threads do NOT belong in the "politics" forum.....Go figure.

As opposed to the 10k Obama bashing threads archived in the politics forum.
I think some mods may need to recuse themselves from the politics forum.

Representatives Nunes and Gowdy are elected officials ... Good luck firing them in November, you're gonna need it

Nunes is facing a SERIOUS challenger this Nov.....and he is probably hoping for a cabinet post from Trump after he loses this upcoming midterm election cycle.

Exactly. Why is he compiling anything regarding an investigation from which he is supposed to be recused?

Again, he recused himself from the investigation part, he is still part of the committee and thus can still work on the information as presented.

No.

Recusal means he has nothing at all to do with it. The most he should do is sign off on anything needing his signature as committee chair.

Do you have a law to back that up?

He had nothing to do with the investigation, as he recused himself from it.

I have a definition of the word. What do you imagine it means?

Except of course to compile a memo regarding the collection of evidence in said investigation in an attempt to damage the credibility of said investigation.

Again, he recused himself from the investigation. He did not recuse himself from the committee.

If he recused himself from the investigation then why does he even have such a memo? Seems to me someone on the committee must be feeding him info which he has no right to see or comment on.

As opposed to the 10k Obama bashing threads archived in the politics forum.
I think some mods may need to recuse themselves from the politics forum.

Well, my friend, we WELL know how "impartial" this forum is, don't we?.......I've been sent to the corner (banned) quite a few times for my views.

Mods should realize that without the few of us on the left, this forum would just become an echo chamber for Trump cultists.

Exactly. Why is he compiling anything regarding an investigation from which he is supposed to be recused?

Again, he recused himself from the investigation part, he is still part of the committee and thus can still work on the information as presented.

No.

Recusal means he has nothing at all to do with it. The most he should do is sign off on anything needing his signature as committee chair.

Wrong. He can still read the results of the investigation, and nothing prevents him from commenting on it.

He didn't simply "comment" on it.

Again, considering it hasn't been released yet, how does a nobody like you know?

The President said he does want to release the memo but not until after his speech, which means maybe tonight or tomorrow or the next day or since he said he's eager to get it released he may just be bsing.

No, it isn't. But keep stretching definitions to suit your own interest, you cheap, dime store hack.

Ponder this..............Sessions recused himself.......and if tomorrow, Sessions decides to FIRE Mueller.....following your fucked up logic. you';d be OK with that little situation?

Considering the nothingness that has come out of Muller's investigation, i would not have an issue with it.

Again, it's congress' role to monitor the Executive branch.

Took them 2 years to fully investigate Nixon and it hasn't even been a year.

The President said he does want to release the memo but not until after his speech, which means maybe tonight or tomorrow or the next day or since he said he's eager to get it released he may just be bsing.

Trump should realize (but he's probably too dumb to do so) that this memo is NOT a democrat-inspired one and that a REPUBLICAN DOJ and FBI are objecting to the release......

No.

I have a definition of the word. What do you imagine it means?

Except of course to compile a memo regarding the collection of evidence in said investigation in an attempt to damage the credibility of said investigation.

Again, he recused himself from the investigation. He did not recuse himself from the committee.

If he recused himself from the investigation then why does he even have such a memo? Seems to me someone on the committee must be feeding him info which he has no right to see or comment on.

Because the results of the investigation still go back to the committee, and he's still on it.

No.

Wrong. He can still read the results of the investigation, and nothing prevents him from commenting on it.

He didn't simply "comment" on it.

Again, considering it hasn't been released yet, how does a nobody like you know?

There is also a statutory wait period I believe before it can be released.

Forum List

Back