A Forum On Anime?

Stasha_Sz

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
Katy Prairie
During a recent conversation on a totally unrelated thread, it came to my attention that the folks I was writing to all have a similar interest in the Japanese art form of Anime. Since there are a lot of intelligent, artsy posters besides ourselves on USMB, I got to thinking that having a forum dedicated to Anime might be a good idea and possibly draw other new posters onto USMB. Perhaps such a forum could be included under the Hobbies section.

O, mighty Mods, from whom all good things on USMB originate, what would it take for you all to bestow upon us, unworthy though we are, members, a forum dedicated to the art form of Anime? Yea verily!

:bow3::bow3::bow3::bow3:

Good idea, my kids were into Hayao Miyazaki movies .. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro being their favorites...

Google

Welcome to the USMB Stasha_Sz, you're sense of humor will serve you well around here..

If enough legitimate threads about Anime are started in say, the general discussion forum, the USMB gods may see a need to create an Anime forum and do so.

Why stop there.

We could have a forum dedicated to Austrian Expressionism, Pre Raphaelites, Dadaism and Cubism too!

We could have a forum dedicated to Austrian Expressionism, Pre Raphaelites, Dadaism and Cubism too!

Already a forum dedicated to that stuff. See Arts under Hobbies. Since Anime is well, animated, it crosses between art & film.

Thanks for the suggestion, however! :eusa_clap:

Anime is almost always over the top corny. Japan just doesn't seem capable of making anything without kids with giant eyes and really terrible comedy moments.

I LOVE the idea of doing hardcore anime though. I think R rated cartoons could be wildly successful.

Forum List

Back