A Cure for the Gay.

You forgot to add the full context of the post. Which is:
I know thousands of people that used to be gay, including myself sometimes until the queers took the beautiful English word "Gay" and turned it into a word that means vile, vulgar, disgraceful, disgusting, sickening, a blight on society, and a few other things that are mostly unmentionable instead of leaving its meaning of high spirited, merry, bright, colorful, showy. If you question means do I know any queers, the answer is yes, but they are certainly not part of any of my life except to ridicule.

Mister Dictionary, look it up in dictionary.com:

In addition to its original and continuing senses of “merry, lively” and “bright or showy,” GAY has had various senses dealing with sexual conduct since the 17th century. A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer, a gay house a brothel. This sexual world included homosexuals too, and GAY as an adjective meaning “homosexual” goes back at least to the early 1900s. After World War II, as social attitudes toward sexuality began to change, GAY was applied openly by homosexuals to themselves, first as an adjective and later as a noun. Today, the noun often designates only a male homosexual: gays and lesbians. The word has ceased to be slang and is not used disparagingly. HOMOSEXUAL as a noun is sometimes used only in reference to a male.

It is abnormal biologically, morally and socially. The bad that follows the abnormality is when homosexuals and those who champion their cause insist that the 95 percent accept the 5% as "normal."

I don't particularly give a damn what gays do behind closed doors. Not my business. When they want to try and force themselves on my society as normal, and the pc, super-lib, gay-championing extremists want it shoved down my children's throats in public school as normal behavior, THEN I have a problem.

I find it hard to believe that you still correlate that which is normal with that which is right and that which is abnormal with that which is wrong. Is cancer normal? Well, if you live long enough, you are likely to get cancer. Is chemotherapy and radiation therapy normal? It is probably not normal but it helps. Is smoking normal? No. It is an unhealthy behavior. Yet, we still allow people to smoke even in front of impressionable children. Is being left-handed normal? Only 10 percent of the population is left-handed, yet we don’t outlaw left-handedness in front of other people. Practically everything is relative. We allow certain bad things but not others. It all falls to where we draw the line.

Mister Dictionary, look it up in dictionary.com:

In addition to its original and continuing senses of “merry, lively” and “bright or showy,” GAY has had various senses dealing with sexual conduct since the 17th century. A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer, a gay house a brothel. This sexual world included homosexuals too, and GAY as an adjective meaning “homosexual” goes back at least to the early 1900s. After World War II, as social attitudes toward sexuality began to change, GAY was applied openly by homosexuals to themselves, first as an adjective and later as a noun. Today, the noun often designates only a male homosexual: gays and lesbians. The word has ceased to be slang and is not used disparagingly. HOMOSEXUAL as a noun is sometimes used only in reference to a male.

You are right, that is what I said. In or around the 1920s or early 1930s fagots started using it to mean homosexual for male and female but in the 1960s it kind of turned around again meaning male. I was a little too young to remember the gay 20s, but it sounded like fun for a lot of people.

You are right, that is what I said. In or around the 1920s or early 1930s fagots started using it to mean homosexual for male and female but in the 1960s it kind of turned around again meaning male. I was a little too young to remember the gay 20s, but it sounded like fun for a lot of people.

Fagot: offensive terms for an openly homosexual man.

Straight people didn't die from AIDS until gays intoduced it into the heterosexual community.

Source?

(1.) I think that, years ago and per capita, more gay people had AIDS than did heterosexual people. One cannot conclude, even with that statistic, that gay people “introduced’ AIDS into the heterosexual community.

(2.) Just because someone introduces something to you does not mean that you must take it. I have a bottle of cyanide, would you like to drink some? It takes two to tango. If you criticize an entire group of people because of what they supposedly gave, isn’t it fair to criticize an entire group of people for what they supposedly took? Heterosexuals didn’t die from AIDS until they accepted it from the gay community.

Whether or not you can dies from being gay is irrelevant to the question I asked.

In answer to the question you asked, all things considered, even though homosexual behavior may be abnormal, it is okay to be gay.

Honor: "...act responsibly in a mature and dependable manner. [Being] held to the highest standard of ethical and moral behavior."
:eusa_naughty:

Okay. Now answer two questions:

1. How does that pertain to me, specifically? You made the accusation, support it.

2. Do you think you are perceived as possessing anything contained in that description?

Okay. Now answer two questions:

1. How does that pertain to me, specifically? You made the accusation, support it.

2. Do you think you are perceived as possessing anything contained in that description?

gunny ....you haved incidentally crapped more honor out your ass and down the toilet TODAY than glock has ever possessed.

I find it hard to believe that you still correlate that which is normal with that which is right and that which is abnormal with that which is wrong. Is cancer normal? Well, if you live long enough, you are likely to get cancer. Is chemotherapy and radiation therapy normal? It is probably not normal but it helps. Is smoking normal? No. It is an unhealthy behavior. Yet, we still allow people to smoke even in front of impressionable children. Is being left-handed normal? Only 10 percent of the population is left-handed, yet we don’t outlaw left-handedness in front of other people. Practically everything is relative. We allow certain bad things but not others. It all falls to where we draw the line.

Well, I see there's been no cure discovered for your debating tactics.

Smoking until recently was widely accepted by the public in general; therefore, considered normal.

Being left-handed is considered a non-dominant trait, not abnormal.

As usual, you're trying compare apples and oranges, and sell something that is obviously abnormal behavior as normal.

Source?

(1.) I think that, years ago and per capita, more gay people had AIDS than did heterosexual people. One cannot conclude, even with that statistic, that gay people “introduced’ AIDS into the heterosexual community.

You mean apologists like you won't conclude that gays introduced AIDS into the heterosexual community.

(2.) Just because someone introduces something to you does not mean that you must take it. I have a bottle of cyanide, would you like to drink some? It takes two to tango. If you criticize an entire group of people because of what they supposedly gave, isn’t it fair to criticize an entire group of people for what they supposedly took? Heterosexuals didn’t die from AIDS until they accepted it from the gay community.

I have to admit, this one's kinda' far-fetched, even from you. And that takes some doing.

I guess there is no point at which you draw the line attempting to sell your dishonest bullshit about gays.

In answer to the question you asked, all things considered, even though homosexual behavior may be abnormal, it is okay to be gay.

No it isn't. It's wrong.

Well, I see there's been no cure discovered for your debating tactics.

Smoking until recently was widely accepted by the public in general; therefore, considered normal.

Being left-handed is considered a non-dominant trait, not abnormal.

As usual, you're trying compare apples and oranges, and sell something that is obviously abnormal behavior as normal.

Are you suggesting that something needs to gain popularity to be normal? There is nothing normal about smoking even though many do it - you're inhaling cancer causing intoxicants into your body which results horrendous side effects.

Being left-handed was considered abnormal, so abnormal that once upon a time left-handed people were deemed evil and wicked and children were forced to use their right-hand.

Making the comparison between homosexuality and left-handedness is actually quite comparable and reasonable.

Being left-handed was considered abnormal, so abnormal that once upon a time left-handed people were deemed evil and wicked and children were forced to use their right-hand.

That explains it.. I'm left-handed.

gunny ....you haved incidentally crapped more honor out your ass and down the toilet TODAY than glock has ever possessed.

I want him to explain why he thinks he honorable, but can personally attack someone, or their significant other, and still have honor, but those who do it to him have no honor.

I want him to explain why he thinks he honorable, but can personally attack someone, or their significant other, and still have honor, but those who do it to him have no honor.

you are asking for rational and mature thought from someone incapable of having it let alone expressing it.... in regards to your wishes on this issue....unfortunately, I think you could wish in one hand and shit in the other and guess which one would fill up faster?

Are you suggesting that something needs to gain popularity to be normal? There is nothing normal about smoking even though many do it - you're inhaling cancer causing intoxicants into your body which results horrendous side effects.

Making the comparison between homosexuality and left-handedness is actually quite comparable and reasonable.

Smoking, until recent times big-picture-wise, was quite popular and accepted as perfectly normal.

I guess I'm evil and wicked then, and have a Hell of left jab. I'm not sure dredging up Middle Ages superstitions supports much of anything.

The comparison is not only an irrelevant one, but it is dishonest on matts part.

Being left-handed is a non-dominant genetic trait the same as red or black hair and blue or green eyes.

Homosexuality is abnormal sexual behavior. I don't do the relativist argument by fallacious analogy. We all KNOW what is normal sexual behavior and what isn't. Trying to sell homosexuality as anything but abnormal sexual behavior is just BS, plain and simple.

you are asking for rational and mature thought from someone incapable of having it let alone expressing it.... in regards to your wishes on this issue....unfortunately, I think you could wish in one hand and shit in the other and guess which one would fill up faster?

Last I heard, he is the master of debate. I haven't seen it yet, so I figure I'd give him a chance to do somethign more than troll and post links as his opinion.

Smoking, until recent times big-picture-wise, was quite popular and accepted as perfectly normal.

Yes I understood that the first time you said it. However, that's not issue here and you never answered my question:

Are you suggesting that something needs to gain popularity to be normal?

I'm not sure dredging up Middle Ages superstitions supports much of anything.
Actually it does. It shows how ignorance, hate and fear lead us to believe such stupid things - such as left-handed = evil. I think you and I can both agree that idea is absolutely absurd, but it was very common practice.

Just like how some people are naturally attracted to the same sex but ignorance, hate and fear lead us to believe they are abnormal, evil and what not...very comparable indeed.

The comparison is not only an irrelevant one, but it is dishonest on matts part.

Homosexuality is abnormal sexual behavior. I don't do the relativist argument by fallacious analogy. We all KNOW what is normal sexual behavior and what isn't. Trying to sell homosexuality as anything but abnormal sexual behavior is just BS, plain and simple.
Just because you don't like or agree with the comparison, doesn't make it irrelevant or dishonest - it's also not good debating tactics to force your OPINION as facts or label someone dishonest.

Yes I understood that the first time you said it. However, that's not issue here and you never answered my question:

Are you suggesting that something needs to gain popularity to be normal?

I answered your question? Didn't like it? Normal is usually defined by the majority of the society, so where it applies, yes, it has to be popular.

Unless it defined as normal by fact. Biology and nature preclude homosexuality as normal behavior.

Actually it does. It shows how ignorance, hate and fear lead us to believe such stupid things - such as left-handed = evil. I think you and I can both agree that idea is absolutely absurd, but it was very common practice.

So were the Roman Coliseum games. It is evidence of nothing that pertains to the "now."

Just like how some people are naturally attracted to the same sex but ignorance, hate and fear lead us to believe they are abnormal, evil and what not...very comparable indeed.

Dishonest argument. Ignorance, hatred and fear are not required to believe homosexuality is abnormal. Logic, common sense and nature work just fine, none of which can the pro-homo crowd sling in anyone's face in an accusatory, demeaning manner.

Just because you don't like or agree with the comparison, doesn't make it irrelevant or dishonest - it's also not good debating tactics to force your OPINION as facts or label someone dishonest.

I label dishonest arguments dishonest, and people who use them as dishonest because that is what they are. It's not good debating tactics to to try and tell someone a rose is not in fact a rose.

I'm forcing my opinion on no one. Don't read it.

Forum List

Back