9/11 Families Rally in NYC

Because they are/represent Islam?

I reject the Location of the Mosque, not the Mosque itself. I reject the Imam because of his Views towards 9/11.

Not to mention where is he getting the money?

I have heard the same guy who is a shareholder in the parent company of Fox News, has also given money to the Mosque. Don't know if it is true, but if it is, well I think that is quite interesting.

The second largest shareholder in News Corp. -- the parent company of Fox News -- has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to causes linked to the imam planning to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan, says a report from Yahoo!News.

According to the report from Yahoo!'s John Cook, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who owns seven percent of News Corp., "has directly funded [Imam Feisal Abdul] Rauf's projects to the tune of more than $300,000."

Cook reports that Prince Al-Waleed's personal charity, the Kingdom Foundation, donated $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a project sponsored by two of Rauf's initiatives, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, which is building the Manhattan mosque.

That Fox News' second-largest shareholder, after Rupert Murdoch, has financial links to the "Ground Zero mosque" will be seen as ironic by critics of the news network, who have watched with chagrin as the network's talking heads attempt to link the mosque to radical Islamism.

Fox News shareholder funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report | Raw Story

That Fox News' second-largest shareholder, after Rupert Murdoch, has financial links to the "Ground Zero mosque" will be seen as ironic by critics of the news network, who have watched with chagrin as the network's talking heads attempt to link the mosque to radical Islamism.

Instead, the mosque will be linked to radical right wingism. Irony?

I reject the Location of the Mosque, not the Mosque itself. I reject the Imam because of his Views towards 9/11.

Not to mention where is he getting the money?
I have heard the same guy who is a shareholder in the parent company of Fox News, has also given money to the Mosque. Don't know if it is true, but if it is, well I think that is quite interesting.

I heard some rumors about that..

I don't know if it's true. And if it is, that would be interesting..

The second largest share holder in fox is saudi and that is the person you are talking about...and yes, it is true.

Righty's wont have much to say about it, but it is true.

They can build it wherever they please.

I just don't think the location is right.. at all.

2 1/2 blocks away is good? what about the one 4 blocks away....is that one ok?

Give me at least 5+ blocks away and I'll be willing to accept it.

But.. dust from the WTC covered everything for miles. Doesn't that mean that all of NY is Ground Zero?

What makes 5 blocks away ok, but 3 not ok? Just an arbitrary number you've decided on?

But.. dust from the WTC covered everything for miles. Doesn't that mean that all of NY is Ground Zero?

What makes 5 blocks away ok, but 3 not ok? Just an arbitrary number you've decided on?

I never said it was ok, just something I'd be willing to compromise.

And it's just my own opinion and the way I see it, just like you have no problem it being 2 blocks away.

I never said it was ok, just something I'd be willing to compromise.

And it's just my own opinion and the way I see it, just like you have no problem it being 2 blocks away.

You're right, I don't have any problem with it being 2 blocks away. I think the area needs something like this.

I don't think so either, but then again I'm not muslim so it's not my place to decide where the best place to build a mosque is...

Are you not an American? believe me you have a say when they try and build a Mosque with the name CORDOBA so close to Ground Zero on the site of a building that many think is part of Ground Zero since it was hit by parts of the planes.

Respecting others religious Freedom to build mosque's anywhere does not mean you have to give up your right to voice your opinion about why they are building it where they are.

Where was the sensitivity of Chrysler when they built the Dodge Cordoba??????

I don't think so either, but then again I'm not muslim so it's not my place to decide where the best place to build a mosque is...

Well, you don't have to be a Muslim to understand that a mosque 2 blocks away from a devastating Muslims extremist attack occurred is a bad idea, nonetheless outright insensitive.

Especially when the Imam thinks the USA deserved it.

"I WOULDN'T say that the United States deserved what happened. But the United States’ policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."-Imam Rauf
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/nyregion/22imamfacts.html

No you don't have to be a Muslim to "understand that"...

...you have to be a complete idiot.

In context he's saying that poor US policies in the Middle East fostered an environment that caused many in the region to not have such great feelings toward us. I'd agree with that statement. I'd also agree that killing thousands of innocent civilians is deplorable and reprehensable in it's own right and those who did it should be punished and killed. I don't think Imam Rauf thinks any differently. Neither does Glen Beck appearently.

The problem with that thinking is that the religious fanatics can blame their behavior on everyone but themselves. They should be held responsible no one else. Are we to say that London, Spain, Bali and Africa "are accessories" to the mass murder and bombing against them committed by this extreme Muslim religious group? That is like saying the State of Oklahoma is an accessory to what Tim McVeigh did. Are the women these men mutilate, ‘accessories’ to their maiming or is it because they are an extreme religious group?

Last edited:
Well, you don't have to be a Muslim to understand that a mosque 2 blocks away from a devastating Muslims extremist attack occurred is a bad idea, nonetheless outright insensitive.

Especially when the Imam thinks the USA deserved it.
Point #1: Muslims have been praying there and even inside the Pentagon for years.

Point #2: How close is too close? If the mosque is built four blocks away, is that still too close? Fourteen blocks? Forty blocks?

Point #3: If you're going to cite the Imam with this bit of slander, shouldn't you take into consideration the context of his statement? Or is context next to nuance in that it's just something reactionaries don't 'do'?

Point #1: Where did I say they shouldn't be allowed to pray?

Point #2: If it was being built 14 blocks we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Point #3: You want to hear what he said? You got it. Eyeblast.tv
Context! Context! Context! idiot.

Point #1: Muslims have been praying there and even inside the Pentagon for years.

Point #2: How close is too close? If the mosque is built four blocks away, is that still too close? Fourteen blocks? Forty blocks?

Point #3: If you're going to cite the Imam with this bit of slander, shouldn't you take into consideration the context of his statement? Or is context next to nuance in that it's just something reactionaries don't 'do'?

Point #1: Where did I say they shouldn't be allowed to pray?

Point #2: If it was being built 14 blocks we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Point #3: You want to hear what he said? You got it. Eyeblast.tv
Context! Context! Context! idiot.

Do tell.

So, should we burn down the one 4 blocks away? Should we stop allowing them to pray on the white house?

Freedom of religion should start 5 blocks away? Fair enough.

You blame innocent Muslims for crimes they didn't commit, just because they're Muslims?

You know, if you put the word Jews in place of Muslims, they have a special word to call people like you.

Unfortunately, Muslims don't get their own word to describe it when it's committed against them.

Who said i'm blaming all Muslims? Again with generalization? Read back a few and you'll understand i'm talking about Muslim Extremists.

Except Jews didn't commit any atrocities, not to mention Muslims despise Jews.

Jesus, what's with the horrible comparisons today?

The Imam in question attended and spoke at Daniel Pearl's funeral.

So you hold all Muslims to blame for the atrocities that a few Muslims committed?

Hitler had a long list of excuses to blame all Jews for the misfortunes of Germany.
Godwins rule

So, should we burn down the one 4 blocks away? Should we stop allowing them to pray on the white house?

Freedom of religion should start 5 blocks away? Fair enough.

Like I said.. I'd be willing to compromise.

Forum List

Back