9/11 Families Rally in NYC

Good for them.

Seriously, dont see why we cant just let them do what they want on their property.

Good for them.

Seriously, dont see why we cant just let them do what they want on their property.

They can build it wherever they please.

I just don't think the location is right.. at all.

I don't think so either, but then again I'm not muslim so it's not my place to decide where the best place to build a mosque is...

Well, you don't have to be a Muslim to understand that a mosque 2 blocks away from a devastating Muslims extremist attack occurred is a bad idea, nonetheless outright insensitive.

Especially when the Imam thinks the USA was an accessory due it's policies.

Last edited:

I don't think so either, but then again I'm not muslim so it's not my place to decide where the best place to build a mosque is...

Well, you don't have to be a Muslim to understand that a mosque 2 blocks away from a devastating Muslims extremist attack occurred is a bad idea, nonetheless outright insensitive.

Especially when the Imam thinks the USA deserved it.
Point #1: Muslims have been praying there and even inside the Pentagon for years.

Point #2: How close is too close? If the mosque is built four blocks away, is that still too close? Fourteen blocks? Forty blocks?

Point #3: If you're going to cite the Imam with this bit of slander, shouldn't you take into consideration the context of his statement? Or is context next to nuance in that it's just something reactionaries don't 'do'?

Point #1: Muslims have been praying there and even inside the Pentagon for years.

Point #2: How close is too close? If the mosque is built four blocks away, is that still too close? Fourteen blocks? Forty blocks?

Point #3: If you're going to cite the Imam with this bit of slander, shouldn't you take into consideration the context of his statement? Or is context next to nuance in that it's just something reactionaries don't 'do'?

Point #1: Where did I say they shouldn't be allowed to pray?

Point #2: If it was being built 14 blocks we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Point #3: You want to hear what he said? You got it. Eyeblast.tv

In support of the mosque!

Rally In Support Of Lower Manhattan Islamic Center - NY1.com

Let's all show them some sensitivity! :clap2:
They must be the 9/11 families Glenn beck hates!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf33g9ep4YU]YouTube - Glenn Beck: "I hate 9/11 victims families for asking questions"[/ame]

Still flogging that as being a full quote - in context? Really? Wow. I'm impressed with the ability of some people to continually make completely fucking idiots of themselves on the offchance that someone might actually fall for it.

How embarrassing for you.

"I WOULDN'T say that the United States deserved what happened. But the United States’ policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."-Imam Rauf
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/nyregion/22imamfacts.html

No you don't have to be a Muslim to "understand that"...

...you have to be a complete idiot.

In context he's saying that poor US policies in the Middle East fostered an environment that caused many in the region to not have such great feelings toward us. I'd agree with that statement. I'd also agree that killing thousands of innocent civilians is deplorable and reprehensable in it's own right and those who did it should be punished and killed. I don't think Imam Rauf thinks any differently. Neither does Glen Beck appearently.

"I WOULDN'T say that the United States deserved what happened. But the United States’ policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."-Imam Rauf
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/nyregion/22imamfacts.html

No you don't have to be a Muslim to "understand that"...

...you have to be a complete idiot.

In context he's saying that poor US policies in the Middle East fostered an environment that caused many in the region to not have such great feelings toward us. I'd agree with that statement. I'd also agree that killing thousands of innocent civilians is deplorable and reprehensable in it's own right and those who did it should be punished and killed. I don't think Imam Rauf thinks any differently. Neither does Glen Beck appearently.

Woops, My fault.

I was gonna re-edit it when i posted the link.

Thanks for the Correction.

It was an insensitive attempt by this Imam- though very likely calculated to begin with. His motivations became secondary though, as Obama's yet again ineptitude took center stage regarding this issue.

The guy just doesn't appear to "get it", and he is absolutely pummeling his own political party in the process. Republicans, themselves highly capable of ineptitude, are now simply sitting back and waiting for another Obama gaffe or insult to mainstream America and enjoying the political benefits from it.

Obama is a mess.

Obama’s Ground Zero Mosque Debacle | Newsflavor

Good for them.

Are you not an American? believe me you have a say when they try and build a Mosque with the name CORDOBA so close to Ground Zero on the site of a building that many think is part of Ground Zero since it was hit by parts of the planes.

Respecting others religious Freedom to build mosque's anywhere does not mean you have to give up your right to voice your opinion about why they are building it where they are.

Forum List

Back