First ever report on US human rights, what a joke.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Quantum Windbag, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/23/AR2010082303880.html

I must have gotten into the Bizarro universe again.

Unemployment? Hate crimes? Poverty? Poor housing? Lack of access to health care? Discriminatory hiring practices?

When did any of these become human rights? Most of them are not even constitutional or civil rights, even in Europe.

Equality before the law is not even the goal of liberals, if it were they would abolish affirmative action and abandon health and housing reform.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  2. JScott

JScott I check facts.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Are you kidding me?

3. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Where in the report did it say that "hate crimes" and "unemployment" are human rights or is that just your simple minded interpretation of what was said?

I'd also like to see a link, and would like to expound upon your belief that hate crimes, housing discrimination, and employment discrimination, don't violate human rights.

4. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    I got cable tv turned back on yesterday (don't know how long I'll keep it). I saw this on FOX News too. They seemed as upset as you are.

5. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,317
    Never. Not even according to the report you posted. They are called "challenges", not rights.

I know how much the Right wants to erode human rights, but to complain about rights when the report makes no such claim is proof that reading SHOULD be a right.

6. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Sorry about the link, I don't kn ow how I screwed that up, but I did fix it.

The report is talking about human rights problems we have in the US, and mentions all of those things. If I am reading something into this that is not supposed to be there I am not the only one.

7. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Oh, nice swing, and a miss.

Why include challenges that have nothing to do with human rights in a report about human rights? Because the idiots who wrote, and approved, this report think that these are human rights. Considerable progress is needed in these areas because the US does not meet the imaginary standards that these are human rights.

8. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,317
    Again, the list of challenges: high unemployment rates, hate crime, poverty, poor housing, lack of access to health care and discriminatory hiring practices.

Now that you have demonstrated your ignorance as to the conditions of poor Americans, what would YOU say are challenges, impediments and roadblocks to human rights?

9. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Do you not know how to read? That would explain your insistence that any of these belong in a report about human rights.

10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,956
    And, could it be even worse?

You betcha...

Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'

A teenager has struck an unwelcome victory for young thugs after an order to stop him wearing low-slung trousers and a hooded top was scrapped because it breached his ‘human rights’.

Read more: Judge says Asbo ruling on low-slung trousers would 'breach human rights' | Mail Online

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010