74% Support Voter ID Laws

If you cant manage a Valid Id within four years to allow yourself to vote, your incompetent to vote........

Who's going to pay for the voter photo IDs? If the voter does, then they are forced to pay to vote. That would be a violation of the 24th Amendment of the Constitution.
Secondly, as there is no proof of that voter fraud is an issue at all, why go through all of this?
Anyone?
Or are people just fine with disenfranchising millions of eligible voters for no reason?

Several of the states pushing for the requirement have offered to make FREE IDs available at the voting stations.
Of course those offers have been inexplicably opposed by the divisionists but I'm betting if the left could get reasonable and accept such a proposal other states would follow suit.

I support a comprehensive voter reform, including voter ID.

What I dont support is a rush job to push through voter laws in battleground states. What we need is national reform. The requirements to vote shouldnt change depending on the state you live in. The ID I can use to vote in one state, shouldnt be rejected in another.

After the November election we have 4 years before another National election, we should take that time to implement voter reform, including voter rolls. The fact that in this day and age the states need to purge rolls because they dont have a system in place for when people die, or register elsewhere, is ridiculous.

Also, all voter ID's should be free, because we dont limit voting to those who can afford it.

The ID I can use to vote in one state, shouldnt be rejected in another.

Yes, it should. You're not allowed to vote in a state that you are not a resident of.

What I dont support is a rush job to push through voter laws in battleground states. What we need is national reform. The requirements to vote shouldnt change depending on the state you live in. The ID I can use to vote in one state, shouldnt be rejected in another.

After the November election we have 4 years before another National election, we should take that time to implement voter reform, including voter rolls. The fact that in this day and age the states need to purge rolls because they dont have a system in place for when people die, or register elsewhere, is ridiculous.

Also, all voter ID's should be free, because we dont limit voting to those who can afford it.

Yes, it should. You're not allowed to vote in a state that you are not a resident of.

I never said anything about not being a resident.

I keep hearing on the right that most people have a photo ID, I agree most do. The issue is the type of photo ID they have. I know this may shock people, but the poor move around a lot, and they dont spend $60 to update their ID every time they move.

You cant complain about voter ID and then disregard that some state favor certain voters with their ID laws.

If you cant manage a Valid Id within four years to allow yourself to vote, your incompetent to vote........

Who's going to pay for the voter photo IDs? If the voter does, then they are forced to pay to vote. That would be a violation of the 24th Amendment of the Constitution.
Secondly, as there is no proof of that voter fraud is an issue at all, why go through all of this?
Anyone?
Or are people just fine with disenfranchising millions of eligible voters for no reason?

You got proof of this claim?

It is the responsibility of the states to provide for accurate and efficient elections.

And I think there should be federal laws to regulate the issue in regards to National elections.

I keep hearing on the right that most people have a photo ID, I agree most do. The issue is the type of photo ID they have. I know this may shock people, but the poor move around a lot, and they dont spend $60 to update their ID every time they move.

You cant complain about voter ID and then disregard that some state favor certain voters with their ID laws.

So you think someone with an out-of-state ID should just be able to walk into a polling place, tell the workers "I moved here but can't afford a new ID" and just be allowed to vote?

One of the left's sillier temper tantrums is the fight against Voter ID laws. The law simply requires that a voter present a photo ID at the polling place, as a means to verify they are who they say they are. It is almost impossible to navigate daily life without a photo ID, yet the left argues that this burden is uniquely onerous. In their worldview, a person should be able to walking into the voting place, state a name and then vote for that name without any verification the person is, in fact, that name. Fortunately, the American people loudly disagree.
Yesterday, the Washington Post released a poll which found that 74% of American adults support the idea that voters should show a photo ID prior to voting. Keep in mind, the Post tried to game the results by framing the question as to whether you would support the requirement of an "official, government-issued" ID to vote. The intent of that questioning was to make the requirement seem like some special, extraordinary measure that would make voting harder.

The American public isn't buying it.

The left has hitched its wagon to a number of rapidly falling stars. Voter ID requirements is just the most rapidly falling one.

74% of Americans Support Voter ID Laws

The illogic of "we use ID for other stuff" is stupid. Then you should have to show an ID to buy a pack of gum since we have to show ID to buy an airplane ticket. See how DUMB that sounds?

We have been voting without Voter ID for well over 200 years, numbnuts. Gosh, our beloved Founders did not feel we needed Voter ID. Don't you want to honor our Founders' wishes? Or is that kind of faux patriotism applicable just on alternate Wednesdays?

Rights and Truth are not established by popular vote. If 74 percent of Americans felt that blacks should not vote, should we strip blacks of the right to vote? See how DUMB that sounds?

UnConservatives just get dumber and dumber by the day.

Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. It would not prevent or solve any fraud that cannot be solved or prevented by existing methods.

Dead people voting? Then properly maintain your registration rolls and that won't happen. Accent on properly. Some states can't even manage to do that simple task properly, and yet bonehead Voter ID proponents cry for MORE government regulations to make government work even better.

I do not understand this UnConservative desire to see more impediments to their voting rigths and more inefficacious government bureacracy.

Every scenario a Voter ID proponent comes up with to "prove" we need Voter ID is imaginary. They can't come up with any real world evidence.

Illegal aliens voting? Well, gee, how did they get on the voter registration rolls? There's your problem! Voter ID won't stop someone from voting who is on the voter registration roll. And you cannot vote if you are not on the voter registration rolls. Well, you can vote provisionally, but again, Voter ID won't stop that!

There are mastubatory fantasies of illegal aliens voting in droves and swinging elections, but it is all in the fevered minds of idiots. No actual evidence this is occurring.

You should be very careful what you ask for. These kinds of things have a nasty habit of turning on you and biting your face off.

Last edited:

So you think someone with an out-of-state ID should just be able to walk into a polling place, tell the workers "I moved here but can't afford a new ID" and just be allowed to vote?

If they are registered at that polling place, yes. I also think they should be able to use any picture ID, including student and hunting.

If they are registered at that polling place, yes. I also think they should be able to use any picture ID, including student and hunting.

What would stop someone from registering in multiple states and using the same ID to vote under your plan?

Anyone?

Well ole' Evil Conservative, how about for starters I use just one state, Pennsylvania?

"More than 758,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania do not have photo identification cards from the state Transportation Department, putting their voting rights at risk in the November election, according to data released Tuesday by state election officials."
Voter ID law may affect more Pennsylvanians than previously estimated - Philly.com

And that is just one state! Now throw in the 13 other states that have such laws,,can we say millions of voters being disenfranchised?

"I cannot come up with an intelligent plan to bring down health care costs, so I am going to invent a fantasy of wetbacks electing a Kenyan Islamist terrorist lover for President and talk about that incessantly instead."

What would stop someone from registering in multiple states and using the same ID to vote under your plan?

Gas prices?

If states had a more modern system for tracking voter rolls this wouldnt be an issue. Really who cares if they are registered in every state. How likely is it they are going to be able to DRIVE to every state to vote? How many people are going to go to that length to vote more than once, especially assuming they are trying to sway the vote in one direction, so really the only states that matter are swing states.

I think voter fraud could swing an election, but I dont see that fraud coming from someone registering in every state and voting.

Anyone?

Well ole' Evil Conservative, how about for starters I use just one state, Pennsylvania?

"More than 758,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania do not have photo identification cards from the state Transportation Department, putting their voting rights at risk in the November election, according to data released Tuesday by state election officials."
Voter ID law may affect more Pennsylvanians than previously estimated - Philly.com

And that is just one state! Now throw in the 13 other states that have such laws,,can we say millions of voters being disenfranchised?

From the title of your article my friend...

Voter ID law may affect more Pennsylvanians than previously estimated

Plus....

particularly in Philadelphia, where 186,830 registered voters - 18 percent of the city's total registration - do not have PennDot ID

Does that mean they have NO I.D. at all??

C'mon man.... give me a break.

How on earth do they get the other services they recieve? I mean after all, they can't afford an I.D. so they MUST be getting some sort of assistance right?
If so, how?

Sorry Kiwi.... I just don't buy it, and NO, I do not trust The Inquirer... if they are anything like the local Houston Paper or the local paper in my town, they lean heavily to the left.

The sad part is that those who desperately want voter ID laws can't provide any facts that show fraud is a problem. As stated in the report from Brennan (the report I posted in my first post in this thread), a person has more of a chance getting hit by lightning than an event of voter fraud happening.
So what's the reasoning, other than political to disenfranchise millions of voters.?

From the title of your article my friend...

Voter ID law may affect more Pennsylvanians than previously estimated

Plus....

particularly in Philadelphia, where 186,830 registered voters - 18 percent of the city's total registration - do not have PennDot ID

Does that mean they have NO I.D. at all??

C'mon man.... give me a break.

How on earth do they get the other services they receive? I mean after all, they can't afford an I.D. so they MUST be getting some sort of assistance right?
If so, how?

Sorry Kiwi.... I just don't buy it, and NO, I do not trust The Inquirer... if they are anything like the local Houston Paper or the local paper in my town, they lean heavily to the left.

And the Transportation Department is in the this alleged deception? Oh man, you are truly evil!!!! :D

Gas prices?

If states had a more modern system for tracking voter rolls this wouldnt be an issue. Really who cares if they are registered in every state. How likely is it they are going to be able to DRIVE to every state to vote? How many people are going to go to that length to vote more than once, especially assuming they are trying to sway the vote in one direction, so really the only states that matter are swing states.

I think voter fraud could swing an election, but I dont see that fraud coming from someone registering in every state and voting.

Who said registering in every state? I'm only 20 minutes away from another state. And the round trip takes about 1 gallon of gas.

Anyone?

This is ONE domestic issue to which I can see federal funding being perfectly appropriate.
There seems to be no shortage of cash for:
Turtle/Gator Tunnels$3.4 Million
Micro Chipped Dumpsters-$500,000
Beauty School Tuition-2.3 Million

And all the rest of this administration's ridiculous spending.
I would think we could find the cash to protect the integrity of our Republic.

Gas prices?

Imaginary scenarios.

No evidence has ever been presented of REAL WORLD cases of fraud that Voter ID would be the only means of stopping or preventing.

The sad part is that those who desperately want voter ID laws can't provide any facts that show fraud is a problem. As stated in the report from Brennan (the report I posted in my first post in this thread), a person has more of a chance getting hit by lightning than an event of voter fraud happening.
So what's the reasoning, other than political to disenfranchise millions of voters.?

Dude... I have personally posted news stories showing voter fraud, and it is ignored here.

I am not going to do the google searches again, because they will be ignored again.

I also know that the media, especially the news papers, are in the tank for Dems.

Plus... what on earth does it hurt to show an ID?

I am willing to pay some extra to help get poor folks ID'd if that is what it takes. Imagine that :omg:

:lol:

Dude... I have personally posted news stories showing voter fraud, and it is ignored here.

I am not going to do the google searches again, because they will be ignored again.

I also know that the media, especially the news papers, are in the tank for Dems.

Plus... what on earth does it hurt to show an ID?

I am willing to pay some extra to help get poor folks ID'd if that is what it takes. Imagine that :omg:

:lol:

Here's a report you should read:

The Challenge of Obtaining Voter Identification :cool:
The Challenge of Obtaining Voter Identification | Brennan Center for Justice

Forum List

Back