72% of American favor the Buffett Rule

Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey, 72% favor the bill, which is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who has argued that it's unfair that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Twenty-seven percent oppose the measure.

CNN Poll: 7 out of 10 support ‘Buffett Rule’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I really have to say as an ultra conservative I agree fully with the Buffet Rule and others. There is a sound reason for same; For many who have some assets accrued, we do not subscribe to the American cool-ideal of golf and huge homes and so much largesse of "stuff" we will never use it or enjoy it. It just isn't in the cards.

So, like me, my little place in the Yucatan is paid for ($3256). Taxes there are $39.40 per year. I drive a 20 year old Jeep. Have a 1944 Army trailer to go with the Jeep. Live in an apartment in NM. So, with the rest I have made, I support two women's shelters on each side of the world, built a Christian based tech school in the Yucatan and try to find places whereby the largesse that isn't used can be applied to help folks do a little more, than they could otherwise.

So, the Buffet tax of 30% is not only fair but still leaves the owner with $700,000 out of a million so, that is not too bad for getting what one actually needs to live.

I support this and think it is very fair and sound.

Robert

You need to stop calling yourself an "ultra-conservative." You aren't.

Anyway, that pointless and ill-conceived bill has already died in the Senate.

Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey, 72% favor the bill, which is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who has argued that it's unfair that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Twenty-seven percent oppose the measure.

CNN Poll: 7 out of 10 support ‘Buffett Rule’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The only polls that matter are the ones the Right likes.

Just about everyone favors raising someone else's taxes but not their own.

"people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes"

Left out.... "this is earnings that have already been taxed once"

Capital gains have already been taxed? You invest in something for 100,000, sell it for 200,000 a couple years later,

when was that 100,000 profit already taxed?

people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes"

Capital gains have already been taxed? You invest in something for 100,000, sell it for 200,000 a couple years later,

Are you being stupid, or dishonest?

OK Go ahead genuis. The initial investment (100k) probably has been taxed. But explain how you figure the 100k of capital gain has been taxed twice.

Have you ever had a capital gain. Ever invest in a house that you flipped? You do not pay taxes twice on the "gain".

The initial investment (100k) probably has been taxed.

Oh, look at that! Some light managed to penetrate the darkness! Then, when instead of stuffing it under the mattress it is returned to the economy to create more growth it gets taxed again. That's the way to encourage more growth ----- oh wait, no it isn't.

Why don't you fuckers just drop the pretense and start wearing black ski masks?

If the top 1% paid 100% tax it wouldn't scratch the surface on our national debt...would barely cause a small blip on the debt clock.

$840 billion dollars over ten years is more than a small blip.

No it isn't.
That barely feeds Obamaland for a couple months.
You are a sheep.
Just like how this was blocked in the Senate by the Republicans. The ONLY reason Obama tried this little trick is for campaign points for people like you. The Democrats can say "Oh look - the Republicans hate the poor and just want to protect the rich"
Obama knew this would never pass. And it shouldn't. Not without spending cuts.

Are you being stupid, or dishonest?

No, I am asking someone who makes that stupid argument to demonstrate how they think the above 100,000 long term capital gain was already taxed.

Use your head, give us your answer, or admit that it was a horseshit claim.

The initial investment (100k) probably has been taxed.

Oh, look at that! Some light managed to penetrate the darkness! Then, when instead of stuffing it under the mattress it is returned to the economy to create more growth it gets taxed again. That's the way to encourage more growth ----- oh wait, no it isn't.

Why don't you fuckers just drop the pretense and start wearing black ski masks?

The initial 100,000 is not being 're-taxed'. The tax is the other 100,000. The profit. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

WASHINGTON (MCT) — The White House’s proposed “Buffett rule” looks like a political winner, at least for now.

A new Gallup poll finds that six in 10 Americans support the idea of a law that would require households that earn $1 million or more a year to pay a minimum 30 percent tax rate, as President Barack Obama has called for. Thirty-seven percent are opposed.

Three out of four Democrats favor the plan, while Republicans are split 43 percent for and 54 percent against. Among independent voters, 63 percent back the idea, while 33 percent oppose it.

morrisdailyherald.com | Gallup poll: 60 percent back Obama’s ‘Buffett Rule’ in Morris, Illinois

Dumb poll.

Of course others are in favor of raising someone elses taxes. Thats a no brainer.

Ask them if they want theirs raised and it will be a resounding "Hell No." Let someone else pay as long as it ain't me.

WASHINGTON (MCT) — The White House’s proposed “Buffett rule” looks like a political winner, at least for now.

A new Gallup poll finds that six in 10 Americans support the idea of a law that would require households that earn $1 million or more a year to pay a minimum 30 percent tax rate, as President Barack Obama has called for. Thirty-seven percent are opposed.

Three out of four Democrats favor the plan, while Republicans are split 43 percent for and 54 percent against. Among independent voters, 63 percent back the idea, while 33 percent oppose it.

morrisdailyherald.com | Gallup poll: 60 percent back Obama’s ‘Buffett Rule’ in Morris, Illinois

Dumb poll.

Of course others are in favor of raising someone elses taxes. Thats a no brainer.

Ask them if they want theirs raised and it will be a resounding "Hell No." Let someone else pay as long as it ain't me.

Exactly.

I really have to say as an ultra conservative I agree fully with the Buffet Rule and others. There is a sound reason for same; For many who have some assets accrued, we do not subscribe to the American cool-ideal of golf and huge homes and so much largesse of "stuff" we will never use it or enjoy it. It just isn't in the cards.

So, like me, my little place in the Yucatan is paid for ($3256). Taxes there are $39.40 per year. I drive a 20 year old Jeep. Have a 1944 Army trailer to go with the Jeep. Live in an apartment in NM. So, with the rest I have made, I support two women's shelters on each side of the world, built a Christian based tech school in the Yucatan and try to find places whereby the largesse that isn't used can be applied to help folks do a little more, than they could otherwise.

So, the Buffet tax of 30% is not only fair but still leaves the owner with $700,000 out of a million so, that is not too bad for getting what one actually needs to live.

I support this and think it is very fair and sound.

Robert

If you want to live in Russia friggen move there.

Leave the American Dream to those of use who don't mind a better quality of life and a more prosperous future.

It never ceases to amaze me why Marxists love turning our country into a shithole.

Last edited:

The seed money was taxed.....taxes are paid by both parties in the transaction on the same money.

BTW, why is it that government is the only entity that can get something for doing absolutely nothing?

Just heard on the news that the Dem controlled Senate voted the Buffet bs down.

Jeeze. Thought the Dems were high on this rule?? Guess they all were considering their retirement and paying on Capital Gains.

Guess the Dems ain't that fucking dumb. LOL

Forum List

Back