72% of American favor the Buffett Rule

The sample includes 759 interviews among landline respondents
and 256 interviews among cell phone respondents.

yawn

Which is vaguely more valid than 612 people in New Jersey... but that didn't stop the ranting fools buying into that shit. Stupid people will always follow blindly what they are told.

Maybe they have it confused with the Jimmy Buffet rule "there's booze in the blender and soon it will render that frozen concoction that helps me hang on".

The sample includes 759 interviews among landline respondents
and 256 interviews among cell phone respondents.

yawn

Which is vaguely more valid than 612 people in New Jersey... but that didn't stop the ranting fools buying into that shit. Stupid people will always follow blindly what they are told.

And, of course, we don't get to see how leading the question was asked.....

If the top 1% paid 100% tax it wouldn't scratch the surface on our national debt...would barely cause a small blip on the debt clock.

$840 billion dollars over ten years is more than a small blip.

WASHINGTON (MCT) — The White House’s proposed “Buffett rule” looks like a political winner, at least for now.

A new Gallup poll finds that six in 10 Americans support the idea of a law that would require households that earn $1 million or more a year to pay a minimum 30 percent tax rate, as President Barack Obama has called for. Thirty-seven percent are opposed.

Three out of four Democrats favor the plan, while Republicans are split 43 percent for and 54 percent against. Among independent voters, 63 percent back the idea, while 33 percent oppose it.

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/2012/04/16/gallup-poll-60-percent-back-obamas-buffett-rule/apoy6u0/

WASHINGTON (MCT) — The White House’s proposed “Buffett rule” looks like a political winner, at least for now.

A new Gallup poll finds that six in 10 Americans support the idea of a law that would require households that earn $1 million or more a year to pay a minimum 30 percent tax rate, as President Barack Obama has called for. Thirty-seven percent are opposed.

Three out of four Democrats favor the plan, while Republicans are split 43 percent for and 54 percent against. Among independent voters, 63 percent back the idea, while 33 percent oppose it.

morrisdailyherald.com | Gallup poll: 60 percent back Obama’s ‘Buffett Rule’ in Morris, Illinois

Of course the Collective would be in favor of taxing "somebody else".

Classic 'evil rich' class warfare.

Let's punish success!!!
:clap2:

If the top 1% paid 100% tax it wouldn't scratch the surface on our national debt...would barely cause a small blip on the debt clock.

Which would equal 84B a year.
84B isn't shit when we're talking Trillions

Don't worry.

If they don't have to pay it, you will.

I am sure you don't mind paying more, so the super rich can pay less.

"Thank you sir, may I have another!"

The Buffet rule would raise far less then 1% of Obama's deficit spending. He wants it for two reasons:

1) To divert attention from his abysmal record.

2) To further his class warfare agenda.

To your point it's not even a dent, but it's taking the specific money that goes to create jobs. He is a true ideologue.

Don't worry.

And if you think ONLY the rich will have their taxes raised, I have a bridge you might be interested in.

Remember? Your hero had the opportunity to roll back the "Bush tax cuts".
How's that coming along for us so far??

:eusa_shhh:

The Buffet rule would raise far less then 1% of Obama's deficit spending. He wants it for two reasons:

1) To divert attention from his abysmal record.

2) To further his class warfare agenda.

To your point it's not even a dent, but it's taking the specific money that goes to create jobs. He is a true ideologue.

Can I get an "Amen".
Can I get an "Amen".

This whole thing would not be on the radar if Obama didn't feel the need to go after Romeny on wealth. In his desperate attempt to keep from being a one-termer, he is going to drag the whole nation through class warfare.

He has dropped a notch from being a moron to being a self-serving bastard.

Don't worry.

Pay what ?

On the deficit.

Hate to break this to you, but that's gonna happen anyway.

This is all eyewash.

Frankly, I don't care. I hope he pushes it through. He's gonna be a one-termer for sure.

The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics. The average federal tax bite on the top 400 was 30% in 1995 and 23% in 2002.

Richest 400 Earn More, Pay Lower Tax Rate - Forbes.com

And Obama paid a lower rate than his secretary.

I am sure he is going to corect that by making out a check to the treasury right now.

On Deficit, Americans Prefer Spending Cuts; Open to Tax Hikes

These results are based on a July 7-10 Gallup poll, conducted as government leaders from both parties continued negotiating an agreement to raise the federal debt limit. Both Republicans and Democrats appear willing to raise the debt limit, provided the government outlines plans to significantly reduce federal deficits in the future. The parties generally agree on making deep spending cuts, but do not agree on whether tax increases should be included to help reach their target goals for deficit reduction. Many Republicans in Congress oppose any such tax increases; thus, the legislation may not pass if tax hikes are included.

Americans do not necessarily share this view, with 20% saying deficit reduction should come only through spending cuts. That percentage is a little higher, 26%, among those who identify as Republicans. Republicans do, however, tilt heavily in favor of reducing the deficit primarily if not exclusively with spending cuts (67%) as opposed to tax increases (3%). Fifty-one percent of independents share that preference. Democrats are most inclined to want equal amounts of spending cuts and tax increases (42%), though more favor a tilt toward spending cuts (33%) than tax increases (20%).

Bottom line is that people would prefer to reduce the deficits with spending cuts before tax hikes.

Why would we give our spend happy government more money to spend ?

Looking forward to your "Sermon On The Mount" couched response.....Chrissy.

Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey, 72% favor the bill, which is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who has argued that it's unfair that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Twenty-seven percent oppose the measure.

CNN Poll: 7 out of 10 support ‘Buffett Rule’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

You know how much of the debt will be taken away with this 17 days.. So raise the people supplying the jobs for 17 days of debt.. You are such a genius at that rate it will take 3000 years to pay off the debt :clap2::badgrin:Obama's Buffett Rule raises $5 billion it will take 3000 years to pay debt - New York NY | Examiner.com

Forum List

Back