72% of American favor the Buffett Rule

The only problem with the so called Buffett rule is that it raises very little money in the grand scheme of things and does not do jack to lower the deficit a pretty big problem in my opinion. 72% supporting something that does nothing that really helps you understand how we have run up 15 trillion in debt.

Rw's have big dreams for two things ...

That their heroes aren't lying when they promise that's not pee trickling down their necks, and that someday, somehow, they win the biggest lottery prize.

Until they move into the real world, they will support the rich getting richer and the poor taking up the slack.

The only problem with the so called Buffett rule is that it raises very little money in the grand scheme of things and does not do jack to lower the deficit a pretty big problem in my opinion. 72% supporting something that does nothing that really helps you understand how we have run up 15 trillion in debt.

Good example of my post above.

According to rw's, BILLIONS of DOLLARS applied to the deficit isn't very much

BUT

Millions saved by shutting down basic health care for women is BIG MONEY.

Giving more to the rich is a good thing.

Taking more from the poor? A really good thing.

And a super good thing is adding trillions to the debt by taking food out of children's mouths via Ryan's fiasco.

No wonder they like the Robber Baron candidate.

Legislation enacted under the Bush Administration provided taxpayers with about $1.7 trillion in tax cuts through 2008. Because high-income households received by far the largest tax cuts — not only in dollar terms but also as a percentage of income — the tax cuts have increased the concentration of after-tax income at the top of the spectrum.

Income Gaps Between Very Rich and Everyone Else More Than Tripled In Last Three Decades, New Data Show — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Tax cuts for the wealthiest five percent of Americans cost the U.S. Treasury $11.6 million every hour, according to the National Priorities Project. Between 2001 and the current projected end of the Bush tax cut extension, tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent will cost the U.S. Treasury $1.184 trillion. If extended through 2021 as gop lawmakers propose, the total cost will exceed $3.2 trillion.

Tax cuts for the wealthiest five percent of Americans cost the U.S. Treasury $11.6 million every hour, according to the National Priorities Project. Between 2001 and the current projected end of the Bush tax cut extension, tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent will cost the U.S. Treasury $1.184 trillion. If extended through 2021 as gop lawmakers propose, the total cost will exceed $3.2 trillion.

And 1.184 trillion how much of a percentage of our overall debt ?

Gee, here I thought GWB really tanked us. Obama seems to do about 1 trillion a year.

Thanks for pointing out your own lies about Bush.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Gee, here I thought GWB really tanked us. Obama seems to do about 1 trillion a year.

1.184trillion is about 33% of the total FED budget dumbass.
Furhtermore Bsuh left Obama a 1.5trillion deficit which Obama has turned into a 1.4 deficit. Also Bush started with a 200billion surplus

If the top 1% paid 100% tax it wouldn't scratch the surface on our national debt...would barely cause a small blip on the debt clock.

The Buffet rule would raise far less then 1% of Obama's deficit spending. He wants it for two reasons:

1) To divert attention from his abysmal record.

2) To further his class warfare agenda.

To your point it's not even a dent, but it's taking the specific money that goes to create jobs. He is a true ideologue.
No Obama wants the buffet rule passed because he believes that the rich should AT least pay the same tax rates as those in poverty.

2012-04-16-brief-cartoon.jpg

Which would equal 84B a year.
84B isn't shit when we're talking Trillions

Don't worry.

If they don't have to pay it, you will.

I am sure you don't mind paying more, so the super rich can pay less.

"Thank you sir, may I have another!"

And if you think ONLY the rich will have their taxes raised, I have a bridge you might be interested in.

Remember? Your hero had the opportunity to roll back the "Bush tax cuts".
How's that coming along for us so far??

:eusa_shhh:
Well given that only republicans in the past 30 years have increased taxes on the non rich despite them slashing taxes on the rich then that bridge you want to sell will only be sold if you elect republcians

Furhtermore Bsuh left Obama a 1.5trillion deficit which Obama has turned into a 1.4 deficit. Also Bush started with a 200billion surplus

1.184 spread out over ten years would then make it about how much of the FED budget there junior. Only we are talking deficit.

Yes, and your school is going to flunk you again....so what has that got to do with anything.

Last edited:
When Democrats can demonstrate that they really can stomach reduced federal spending, and actually cut some program, then you might be able to make a case for tax increases. Until then, it is a fool's game to continue to throw good money into the money pit in Washington DC.

The average American working man or woman already pay over 40% of their income into the various levels of government. About half of the money is wasted through graft, corruption, incompetence, and payouts to political supporters.

Another $830, 000 team building conference in Vegas, anyone?

1.184 spread out over ten years would then make it about how much of the FED budget there junior. Only we are talking deficit.

Yes, and your school is going to flunk you again....so what has that got to do with anything.
It is hard to understand what you are saying given that your grammar is lower than 3rd grade level. Otheriwse it is clear that you are saying that reducing the deficit doesn't reduce the deficit because the deficit is big; meaning you are a dumbass

When Democrats can demonstrate that they really can stomach reduced federal spending,
I see so you've been to stupid to notice that Democrats have been proposing for 40 years cuts to military spending
and actually cut some program, then you might be able to make a case for tax increases. Until then, it is a fool's game to continue to throw good money into the money pit in Washington DC.
I see so according to you money going to the housing bubble was better the money going to education, meaning you are are dumber then shit
The average American working man or woman already pay over 40% of their income into the various levels of government.
ROTF are you so stupid that you think 25% equals 40%... ROTFL
God damn how is it that you are so dumb?

When Democrats can demonstrate that they really can stomach reduced federal spending,
I see so you've been to stupid to notice that Democrats have been proposing for 40 years cuts to military spending
and actually cut some program, then you might be able to make a case for tax increases. Until then, it is a fool's game to continue to throw good money into the money pit in Washington DC.
I see so according to you money going to the housing bubble was better the money going to education, meaning you are are dumber then shit
The average American working man or woman already pay over 40% of their income into the various levels of government.
ROTF are you so stupid that you think 25% equals 40%... ROTFL
God damn how is it that you are so dumb?

Wow you are smart :happy-1:

It is hard to understand what you are saying given that your grammar is lower than 3rd grade level. Otheriwse it is clear that you are saying that reducing the deficit doesn't reduce the deficit because the deficit is big; meaning you are a dumbass

Maybe you should work on your spelling before calling anyone out on their grammar, champ.

Forum List

Back