72% of American favor the Buffett Rule

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey, 72% favor the bill, which is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who has argued that it's unfair that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Twenty-seven percent oppose the measure.

CNN Poll: 7 out of 10 support ‘Buffett Rule’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics. The average federal tax bite on the top 400 was 30% in 1995 and 23% in 2002.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/29/irs-high-income-personal-finance-taxes_0129_wealthy_americans.html

Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes

That poll was taken inside your pants...

"people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes"

Left out.... "this is earnings that have already been taxed once"

"This is earnings that can just as easily be left in the bank to earn interest"

"This is also WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION" :eusa_whistle:

The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics. The average federal tax bite on the top 400 was 30% in 1995 and 23% in 2002.

Richest 400 Earn More, Pay Lower Tax Rate - Forbes.com
jack.gif

Get back to me when you show some outrage at all the waste in this regime... here is an example.

SOLYNDRA

99 Wolves and one sheep and we're gonna vote on what's for dinner?

Sounds like dimocraps alright

jack.gif

Get back to me when you show some outrage at all the waste in this regime... here is an example.

SOLYNDRA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that all you got????

And the top one tenth of one percent of taxpayers paid 20% of all federal taxes according to the IRS. How much is enough, Chris?

And the top one tenth of one percent of taxpayers paid 20% of all federal taxes according to the IRS. How much is enough, Chris?

Reagan wanted the top rate to be 28%.

Obama wants the top rate to be 30% per the Buffett Rule.

I think Reagan and Obama and Buffett are right.

The American people agree with me.

You guys are out in right field.

jack.gif

SOLYNDRA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that all you got????

Hell NO... I just dont have that much time to waste here with you... Like I said "here is an example."
JUST 1

Are you the dude with the baseball cap???

3279236161_c0e90e2e6d_o.gif

Last edited:

Obama wants the top rate to be 30% per the Buffett Rule.

I think Reagan and Obama and Buffett are right.

The American people agree with me.

You guys are out in right field.

It is absurdly disgusting how selective you dimbulbs are when invoking Reagan.

:cuckoo:

Obama wants the top rate to be 30% per the Buffett Rule

Um...

Reagan wanted the TOP rate to be 28% AFTER deductions.

Obama wants the BOTTOM rate to be 30% BEFORE deductions.

Or in your native language, "baa..."

Forum List

Back