72% of American favor the Buffett Rule

:gives: REALLY...? Who the fuck cares??

well with your statement about the other poster being ignorant and you don't know the difference between your and you're.
You should care if you are accuse someone else of their faults.
It shows your ignorance on both areas.

You grammar and speeling Nazi's crack me up.... get back to the topic or STFU okay?

Oh wait, let me spell that out for you Shut The Fuck Up :fu:
Again your ignorance precedes your stupidity.
And will all your rude insults it is evident you cannot make any real substantial input to the board.
Bye.

Do you have some kind of point? Your sentence is unreadable. The fact remains that the Bush tax cut to those with the most discretionary income was funded with debt.

My apologies, I thought you were a little more advanced than that.

Your comment about right wing ideologues is simply stupid. Nobody gets up in the morning and says, I want to screw future generations (well Obama may be an exception). They do get up and say, we are not funding more government horsecrap directed by the losers we call congress. And we do believe that tax cuts help stimulate the economy. And since we are not as prone to envy as you are, we really don't care how they do.....we only care how we do.

You will not find me in GWB's fan club. Yes, it was funded with debt. And so were the wars. He will be seen in history as being ALMOST as bad as Obama.

So you admit that the tax cut that took us off the path of paying down debt was idiotic. I agree. As for tax cuts stimulating the economy, I call bullshit when people like Mr. Etch-a-Sketch can simply move his discretionary income off-shore to avoid taxation. You'd be better off giving those breaks to the people who spend it at McDonald's and Starbucks, or even the GoodWill thrift stores.

Stop being a dork.

That is BBQ left wing grease.

That money does not sit there. It goes to work.

By those at McDonalds and whatnot, you mean the 50% who pay taxes ? Because no one has disputed that the bottom half of the country does not pay any federal income tax.

The broken record you call Barack Obama has worn way to thin.

Fairness is an issue only to the very hard left.

So you believe that 72% of the American people are to the hard left?

One logical fallacy after another.

72% of the people thinking the so-called Buffet rule is good does not equate to 72% thinking at all about fairness. I know lots of dems/cons who would love a tax cut at the expense of Romney. They could care less about fairness (as could a great many Americans).

What is fair about throttling Social Security payroll taxes that will have to be made up by our kids ? NOTHING.

In the end, "fairness" is nothing more than a liberal wet dream.

Last edited:
Closing loopholes like eliminating mortgage interest deductions, in the midst of the worst recession since '48, caused by the collapse of the housing industry? What did he say about sheltering income using off-shore accounts, like he does? How about dodges like getting bonuses in the form of options?

Pay attention...

He does not want to eliminate mortgage interest deductions on first homes....just on second homes (known as INVESTMENT HOMES).
He WILL eliminate the off shore accounts loopholes.
Bonuses in fthe form of options? I guess you never got one if you think that is a "loophole"....how pathetic does that make you? Criticizing somethging you know nothing about?

By the way...you hold against a man the fact that he follows the law as he minimizes his tax burden?

You prefer a man (or woman) who is not the type that would look to save as much money as legally possible?

You consider that an intelligent person?

So you can document Mr. Etch-a-Sketch's plans? Where? All I have is what he said to the tea baggers, which was eliminating the mortgage interest deduction.

BTW, Your speculation about about what Mittens wants to do with investment property borrowing interest would be a disaster. If I were to use my after tax income, and leverage it with borrowing, to create a business, you're suggesting that reasonable costs, like interest shouldn't be deducted? That's about as much a boneheaded proposal as I've heard.

You're essentially saying that the cost of borrowing is not a legitimate business expense.

yo...

if you borrow money to start a business....it isnt dedcutable....

Just thought I would point that out to you.

Making you the boneheadeed one.

Last edited:
When Democrats can demonstrate that they really can stomach reduced federal spending, and actually cut some program, then you might be able to make a case for tax increases. Until then, it is a fool's game to continue to throw good money into the money pit in Washington DC.
Where the hell have you been in the past 4 years? Here is a list of some programs democrats have cut
ACA cuts the deficit 500 billion in ten years
Removed student loan subsidies to big banks which will reduce the deficit by around 19 billion a year.
Passed the improve acquisition act which cleans up wasteful military spending reduces the deficit by 20 billion a year.
Lowered CHIP making it cut the deficit by several billion.
They already passed 500billion in defense spending cuts.
They cut food stamp funding by several billion a year
The average American working man or woman already pay over 40% of their income into the various levels of government. About half of the money is wasted through graft, corruption, incompetence, and payouts to political supporters.

Another $830, 000 team building conference in Vegas, anyone?
Nope it is around 25-30% not 40%
Who Pays Taxes in America?

72% actually thought they were being asked if the buffet rule meant they could go back for seconds. 28% voted no, one plate should be enough.

Far more then 72% don't know what the buffet rule is. 72% of liberals on this site don't know what the buffet rule is. You keep supporting things like that it's what Reagan supported which is a complete and utter warping of what Reagan advocated.

So you admit that the tax cut that took us off the path of paying down debt was idiotic. I agree. As for tax cuts stimulating the economy, I call bullshit when people like Mr. Etch-a-Sketch can simply move his discretionary income off-shore to avoid taxation. You'd be better off giving those breaks to the people who spend it at McDonald's and Starbucks, or even the GoodWill thrift stores.

Stop being a dork

You might as well ask a bear to stop being a bear

72% actually thought they were being asked if the buffet rule meant they could go back for seconds. 28% voted no, one plate should be enough.

Far more then 72% don't know what the buffet rule is. 72% of liberals on this site don't know what the buffet rule is. You keep supporting things like that it's what Reagan supported which is a complete and utter warping of what Reagan advocated.

Anybody who believed the outright lie Obama told them regarding the Buffet rule being what Reagan wanted?

Do not know what the Buffet rule is.

My question is why do they support a man that sees them as such fools that he knew they would not only believe that rhetoric...they would repeat it.

I cant imagine what it is like to support a man that sees you as an idiot.

I just dont get it.

Anybody who believed the outright lie Obama told them regarding the Buffet rule being what Reagan wanted?

Do not know what the Buffet rule is.

My question is why do they support a man that sees them as such fools that he knew they would not only believe that rhetoric...they would repeat it.

I cant imagine what it is like to support a man that sees you as an idiot.

I just dont get it.

Obama gets away with it because...he's right... They are idiots.

This is a fake issue:

'The facts of the Buffett Rule are simple. The President wants millionaires (and small businesses taxed as individuals) to pay a minimum tax of 30 percent. For all of his rhetoric that the measure would “stabilize our debt and deficits for the next decade,” the Buffett Rule would bring in only $47 billion in revenue in ten years. To put those numbers in context, President Obama’s budget calls for adding $6.7 trillion to the national debt. So the Buffett Rule would cover just 0.7% of all of Obama’s debt and .1% of Obama’s spending.'

Buffett Rule An Election Year Gimmick

I hate this "feel good" political horse shit.
And his supporters just gobble it up.
This is why WE HAVE NO REAL REFORM
Because all Obama wants to do in 2012 is score political points. Period.
And that doesn't make him different from other politicians - it makes him the same.

This is a fake issue:

'The facts of the Buffett Rule are simple. The President wants millionaires (and small businesses taxed as individuals) to pay a minimum tax of 30 percent. For all of his rhetoric that the measure would “stabilize our debt and deficits for the next decade,” the Buffett Rule would bring in only $47 billion in revenue in ten years. To put those numbers in context, President Obama’s budget calls for adding $6.7 trillion to the national debt. So the Buffett Rule would cover just 0.7% of all of Obama’s debt and .1% of Obama’s spending.'

Buffett Rule An Election Year Gimmick

What Obama needs is way to get at Romney. He is so desparate not to be a one-termer would engage the American People in a total BS campaign against the wealthy.

What a visionary. What a leader. What a man ! Are we sure those are his kids ?

Don't worry.

If they don't have to pay it, you will.

I am sure you don't mind paying more, so the super rich can pay less.

"Thank you sir, may I have another!"

And if you think ONLY the rich will have their taxes raised, I have a bridge you might be interested in.

Remember? Your hero had the opportunity to roll back the "Bush tax cuts".
How's that coming along for us so far??

:eusa_shhh:
Well given that only republicans in the past 30 years have increased taxes on the non rich despite them slashing taxes on the rich then that bridge you want to sell will only be sold if you elect republcians

And when you support the claim I've highlighted, your democratic senators can take that bridge to nowhere.....
:eusa_shifty:

Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey, 72% favor the bill, which is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who has argued that it's unfair that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Twenty-seven percent oppose the measure.

CNN Poll: 7 out of 10 support ‘Buffett Rule’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I really have to say as an ultra conservative I agree fully with the Buffet Rule and others. There is a sound reason for same; For many who have some assets accrued, we do not subscribe to the American cool-ideal of golf and huge homes and so much largesse of "stuff" we will never use it or enjoy it. It just isn't in the cards.

So, like me, my little place in the Yucatan is paid for ($3256). Taxes there are $39.40 per year. I drive a 20 year old Jeep. Have a 1944 Army trailer to go with the Jeep. Live in an apartment in NM. So, with the rest I have made, I support two women's shelters on each side of the world, built a Christian based tech school in the Yucatan and try to find places whereby the largesse that isn't used can be applied to help folks do a little more, than they could otherwise.

So, the Buffet tax of 30% is not only fair but still leaves the owner with $700,000 out of a million so, that is not too bad for getting what one actually needs to live.

I support this and think it is very fair and sound.

Robert

You're going to dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back like that.....
:eusa_clap:

Everyone loves to dance when they can force someone else to pay the band.

Couple this "Buffett tax" with a minimum tax of $100 for every American over 18, and see what the polls say.

Last edited:
Washington (CNN) - Hours before a crucial Senate vote over the so-called "Buffett Rule," a new national poll indicates that nearly three-quarters of Americans support the measure to require people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes.

According to a CNN/ORC International survey, 72% favor the bill, which is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who has argued that it's unfair that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Twenty-seven percent oppose the measure.

CNN Poll: 7 out of 10 support ‘Buffett Rule’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The only polls that matter are the ones the Right likes.

The only polls that matter open in November
:eusa_shhh:

"people earning $1 million a year or more to pay at least 30% in taxes"

Left out.... "this is earnings that have already been taxed once"

Capital gains have already been taxed? You invest in something for 100,000, sell it for 200,000 a couple years later,

when was that 100,000 profit already taxed?

I recently bought a car for $750.
I put $100 into it and sold it for $2200.

I should pay taxes on that profit?
:eek:

The Buffet rule would raise far less then 1% of Obama's deficit spending. He wants it for two reasons:

1) To divert attention from his abysmal record.

2) To further his class warfare agenda.

To your point it's not even a dent, but it's taking the specific money that goes to create jobs. He is a true ideologue.
No Obama wants the buffet rule passed because he believes that the rich should AT least pay the same tax rates as those in poverty.

You sound pretty stupid considering they pay the higher percentage.

Like always you are wrong
One Chart Shows Obama Is Right About "Buffett Rule" - BlueOregon
^The average millionaire with 2/3rd income from investments pays 30% less taxes then someone making 50,000 a year

Top 25 Hedge Fund Managers Make As Much As 440,000 Middle-Class Americans, But Still Get Tax Loophole | ThinkProgress
^Hedge fund managers make over 500 million dollars a year yet pay an effective tax rate that is 10% lower than the average working American due to tax loopholes, and republicans refuse to close that loophole.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/07intop400.pdf
^Richest 400 Americans have an effective tax rate of 15%, compared to a rate of 30% for the poorest 50% of Americans
Billionaires Use Tax Loophole To Lower Their Tax Rates To 1 Percent | ThinkProgress
^Some billionaires pay a tax rate of less then 1%

Forum List

Back