71 House Repubs think it's fine that Russia annexed Crimea

It was Obama that let Russia take over Crimea.
What do you suggest he (and the international community) should have done in response to Crimea's annexation that they didn't do?

It's been the Democrats who have dramatically claimed that Trump should be doing much more against Russia and to insert ourselves into the middle of their conflict. Funny that Democrats weren't that obsessed with this stuff while Obama was in office.

I have seen here and elsewhere that Obummer "let" Russia take over Crimea. WTF do you clowns think that he could do to stop it? Crimeans voted for the secession and admission into Russia. Short of getting a bunch of U.S. GIs killed and starting WWIII nothing was going to keep it from happening. Morons advocating the death of their fellow countrymen over shit that doesn't matter when they have no skin in the game.

We on the right weren't the ones crying incessantly about Crimea.

"71 House Repubs think it's fine that Russia annexed Crimea"

It is fine.

Over 60% of Crimeans are ethnic Russians and in 2014 96% of Crimeans - yes, NINETY-SIX PERCENT - voted "yes" in a public referendum to join the Russian Federation.

Why do you hate democracy and self-determination?
Do me a favor, provide a link substantiating your claim.

No mater how you wordsmith this the annexation of Crimea was an illegal violation of Ukrainian sovereignty not recognized by the world community. I must say I'm not surprised to see a Trumper defend Putin's illegal military actions. You have an ally in Tucker Carlson.

Have you ever wondered why Russia has not steamrolled over the Ukraine and taken back the entire country? The reason is they don't fucking want it!

It was Obama that let Russia take over Crimea.
What do you suggest he (and the international community) should have done in response to Crimea's annexation that they didn't do?

It's been the Democrats who have dramatically claimed that Trump should be doing much more against Russia and to insert ourselves into the middle of their conflict. Funny that Democrats weren't that obsessed with this stuff while Obama was in office.
They didn't care at all then. Left them keep this up, normal Americans see this and will show them this November.

It is fine.

Over 60% of Crimeans are ethnic Russians and in 2014 96% of Crimeans - yes, NINETY-SIX PERCENT - voted "yes" in a public referendum to join the Russian Federation.

Do me a favor, provide a link substantiating your claim.

No mater how you wordsmith this the annexation of Crimea was an illegal violation of Ukrainian sovereignty not recognized by the world community. I must say I'm not surprised to see a Trumper defend Putin's illegal military actions. You have an ally in Tucker Carlson.

Have you ever wondered why Russia has not steamrolled over the Ukraine and taken back the entire country? The reason is they don't fucking want it!

Not to mention it would be a military nightmare for them. Taking it is one thing. It's the occupation part where they lose blood and treasure.

NOW, now that Reagan defeated and destroyed the soviet union
more he took credit for it....

All three of those shit holes and all of their people will be cast in to Hell forever on Judgment Day, and I'll be applauding.

who elected you God?

You don't have to be Einstein to understand the geopolitics.

I'd settle for an apprentice w/a compass around here

~S~

They'd still be light years smarter than you.

Left, right, its all a bullshit partisan circle jerk.

I don't view things as "right and left". I view things as truth or bullshit.

Had Hillary won the election, the OP wouldn't care in the least about what she or anyone else was doing with regard to Crimea.

I'm quite serious Correll

Reagan had little to nothing to do with what was an economic collapse

he just happened to be in the right place / time when the wall went down

~S~

Once again, your ignorance of the actual historical events is epic!

Reagan was no longer in office when the wall fell, but the Russians were collapsing due to a race they could not afford to win, all thanks to Reagan.

It is fine.

Your kind was okay with Hitler invading the Sudetenland.

The reason there are so many ethnic Russians in Crimea, dumbass, is because the Soviet Union put them there.

Oh my God, the stupid is strong with this one!

It is fine.

The reason there are so many ethnic Russians in Crimea, dumbass, is because the Soviet Union put them there.

It's an historical fact, dumbass.

Left, right, its all a bullshit partisan circle jerk.

I don't view things as "right and left". I view things as truth or bullshit.

Had Hillary won the election, the OP wouldn't care in the least about what she or anyone else was doing with regard to Crimea.

We on the right weren't the ones crying incessantly....
Uh huh.

You missed my point. There is right and left. I don't look at things as being right or left but rather their truthfulness and validity or lack thereof.

To claim that everyone is a partisan is inaccurate.

Yeah, have you noticed the riots and other civil disobedience of Crimeans protesting Russia's takeover?

I haven't either.
Would you do that in Russia?
Why are you asking about Russia?
He was asking about the protests in Crimea
Yes it's controlled by Russia. Who do you think would put those protests down?
So you agree that its a Russian Territory
Iron Curtain? Soviet Union?
Exactly what Putin is aiming for. What they used to have.

Why have they not taken the entirety of Ukraine, and invaded all of the former Soviet states that are now independent countries?

Easy! They don't want the problems that those territories represent. They also took back a portion of Georgia filled with ethnic Russians too, remember?

Despite the "yeah buts" and whataboutisms from Trump devotees one can't help wondering why he gives so much deference to Putin.............the guy who personally ordered his intel agency to try to corrupt the 2016 election.
Doubting the intelligence, Trump pursues Putin and leaves a Russian
threat unchecked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...sues-vladimir-putin-russian-election-hacking/

"Holding impromptu interventions in Trump’s 26th-floor corner office at Trump Tower, advisers — including Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and designated chief of staff, Reince Priebus — prodded the president-elect to accept the findings that the nation’s spy chiefs had personally presented to him on Jan. 6.

They sought to convince Trump that he could affirm the validity of the intelligence without diminishing his electoral win, according to three officials involved in the sessions. More important, they said that doing so was the only way to put the matter behind him politically and free him to pursue his goal of closer ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“This was part of the normalization process,” one participant said. “There was a big effort to get him to be a standard president.”

But as aides persisted, Trump became agitated. He railed that the intelligence couldn’t be trusted and scoffed at the suggestion that his candidacy had been propelled by forces other than his own strategy, message and charisma."
.....................................................................................................................................
Do Trumper's actually think there has been an adequate response by this admin to the security threat to the 2020 election? Especially given US intel agencies warnings Russia is gearing up to meddle again even as I write this.

It is fine.

Link?

It is fine.

Link?
1954 transfer of Crimea - Wikipedia
The transfer increased the ethnic Russian population of Ukraine by almost a million people.

You're welcome.

Despite the "yeah buts" and whataboutisms from Trump devotees one can't help wondering why he gives so much deference to Putin.............the guy who personally ordered his intel agency to try to corrupt the 2016 election.
Doubting the intelligence, Trump pursues Putin and leaves a Russian
threat unchecked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...sues-vladimir-putin-russian-election-hacking/

"Holding impromptu interventions in Trump’s 26th-floor corner office at Trump Tower, advisers — including Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and designated chief of staff, Reince Priebus — prodded the president-elect to accept the findings that the nation’s spy chiefs had personally presented to him on Jan. 6.

They sought to convince Trump that he could affirm the validity of the intelligence without diminishing his electoral win, according to three officials involved in the sessions. More important, they said that doing so was the only way to put the matter behind him politically and free him to pursue his goal of closer ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“This was part of the normalization process,” one participant said. “There was a big effort to get him to be a standard president.”

But as aides persisted, Trump became agitated. He railed that the intelligence couldn’t be trusted and scoffed at the suggestion that his candidacy had been propelled by forces other than his own strategy, message and charisma."
.....................................................................................................................................
Do Trumper's actually think there has been an adequate response by this admin to the security threat to the 2020 election? Especially given US intel agencies warnings Russia is gearing up to meddle again even as I write this.

I take it that you're not going to respond to my questions.

It is fine.

So you are claiming that every Russian in Crimea came from somewhere else in Russia?

The Russians settled in Crimea at the end of the 18th century, dumbass! Where was the Soviet Union back then? Oh, it didn't exist!

How can you be so stupid as to think bullshit like you post is going to fly?

It is fine.

Link?
1954 transfer of Crimea - Wikipedia
The transfer increased the ethnic Russian population of Ukraine by almost a million people.

You're welcome.

Thanks.

So what should the U.S. do about it?

Forum List

Back