6 grade girls post a death cartoon video of a classmate on youtube

Well, it seems to me these girls hate that girl for some reason. So they made a video about her and put it on youtube. That's the "thing" to do now, make vids and put them on youtube or myspace.

Those of you who said the parents should be the girls police are right. If my daughter did something like this, she wouldn't even HAVE a summer vacation. She'd be my live in maid/servant/cook from June to August!

In 6th grade Kenny W. tied me to a basketball goal at recess with a jump rope. All the kids went inside, I was out there for about 20 minutes until the teacher realized I wasn't at my seat!

He got paddled by the principal. Oh, and he ended up marrying my neighbor Lisa!

Well, it seems to me these girls hate that girl for some reason. So they made a video about her and put it on youtube. That's the "thing" to do now, make vids and put them on youtube or myspace.

Those of you who said the parents should be the girls police are right. If my daughter did something like this, she wouldn't even HAVE a summer vacation. She'd be my live in maid/servant/cook from June to August!

In 6th grade Kenny W. tied me to a basketball goal at recess with a jump rope. All the kids went inside, I was out there for about 20 minutes until the teacher realized I wasn't at my seat!

Methinks this is going to make for a good thread... :eusa_whistle:

If we listed what we had done back then, before the internet and computers to vent on, we'd all be investigated I bet. LOL

It's a wonder we all made it to adulthood. Think back.. We did much worse... And in 5th and 6th grade, did we really have an intimate knowledge of the word "kill"? No.. To us, it was just another word. If someone found Piper tied up under a porch, there would likely be some serious explaining to do...

That said.. How do a bunch of small children get ahold of a video camera long enough to make a video, and actually figure out how to get it loaded to YouTube without some adult somewhere having a clue?

The video looks like maybe a scanned, still image animation. Still some pretty good editing and titling work for such young kids. And it was funny. If they had used a ficticious name....eh, probably still be in trouble these days.

We nearly killed a kid with chocolate Exlax on a cup cake. Crapped himself until he passed out dehydrated.

A couple of us crapped in a box and wrapped it up at Christmas, giving it to this guy that was harassing a girl that didn't like him. She put us up to it.

My sister and one of her school friends used to love to make prank calls. They'd use their little girl voices and call people and say "where's my mommy? Have you seen my mommy?" They would be in deep trouble these days.

I can think of a whole list of things that would get kids in real trouble these days that we thought were funny pranks. The Exlax thing, as we learned, can be really dangerous.

If we listed what we had done back then, before the internet and computers to vent on, we'd all be investigated I bet. LOL

Or at least man (boy?) slaughter... I made a thread in General Chat..should be interesting.. :D

It's a wonder we all made it to adulthood. Think back.. We did much worse... And in 5th and 6th grade, did we really have an intimate knowledge of the word "kill"? No.. To us, it was just another word. If someone found Piper tied up under a porch, there would likely be some serious explaining to do...

That said.. How do a bunch of small children get ahold of a video camera long enough to make a video, and actually figure out how to get it loaded to YouTube without some adult somewhere having a clue?

The video looks like maybe a scanned, still image animation. Still some pretty good editing and titling work for such young kids. And it was funny. If they had used a ficticious name....eh, probably still be in trouble these days.

We nearly killed a kid with chocolate Exlax on a cup cake. Crapped himself until he passed out dehydrated.

A couple of us crapped in a box and wrapped it up at Christmas, giving it to this guy that was harassing a girl that didn't like him. She put us up to it.

My sister and one of her school friends used to love to make prank calls. They'd use their little girl voices and call people and say "where's my mommy? Have you seen my mommy?" They would be in deep trouble these days.

I can think of a whole list of things that would get kids in real trouble these days that we thought were funny pranks. The Exlax thing, as we learned, can be really dangerous.

No shit.. I paid the entire first grade class each a nickel to beat my brother up during recess just because he hit me for tattling on him for eating paste. :eek:

Methinks this is going to make for a good thread... :eusa_whistle:

LOL< I was the first to reply to your thread! :cool:

Its just a friggin sign of the times. Its just now the whole world can see what you're doing, so of course that one person whos no fun pitches a bitch.

Do you seriously think that publicizing ways to kill a classmate is a sign of the times and that dreaming up ways to kill a classmate is fun? Kids in school today are a serious threat to each other. School is not the safe place that your parents once sent you off to.

1. As I've previously stated, I think that kids of that age group, male and female, are at their meanest.

2. Kids now have the ability to put anything on the web for anyone to see. Youtube is a perfect example.

3. I think that disciplinary actions on the part of the school would be entirely appropriate. One member suggested that they be suspended for a school year. Personally, I think thats a bit extreme. I would also agree that these girls shouldnt be in any classes with this Piper girl.

But you are 100% correct. Schools are not the safe places they once where. Instead of metting each other at the flag pole or going back to the woods behind the school and duking it out like we did in my hometown, kids are shooting each other up.

I do believe that if it wasnt for the increase in school violence that we've seen the past 10 years or so, most of us would scoff at this and say something to the effect of "A little extreme, but they're being typical kids. Disciplinary action by the school and a PUBLIC apology are in order" and that would be the end of it.

Well, come to think of it, there was this BULLY that live next door to us, on Base, in Puerto Rico....I was 5 years old and my sister was 7 years old and this BULLY constantly picked on my sister and constantly beat up my older sister, who was shy and not as strong and determined as me, at 5....but I was soooo much smaller than this girl of 8 years old, the BULLY that used to push around my older sister...

My mother used to tell me when we went out to play, now you watch out for your sister...even though I was younger...she meant, that I should come home and tell her if someone or this bully was picking on her.

Well, the playground was across the street...this bully came over and started pushing my sister around, so I ran to my OTHER neighbor's house, where Mark and Art lived...mark was my sister's age 7 and Art was my age 5, and got them to come to the playground to help out....when we got back there my sister was on the ground with skinned knees from being pushed by this Bully girl....

Soooooooooooo, I had mark and art as backup and went to the bully and started defending my sister and had mark and art hold on to this bully and i hit her with a stick! :eek: (not a big stick but still!)

:eek:

YES, MOI....me, goodie two shoes me....set up the 'three against one' on to this bully....

And I just thought I was doing what my mom said, Watch out for my sister!!!! hahahahahaha!!!

PS she NEVER picked on my sister again!

Last edited:
After watching excerpts of that video, I'd venture to say that it's probably reasonable to define it as parody and therefore possibly protected speech, considering the obviously comical nature of the cartoons depicted and the Hannah Montana song played in the background. Merely dark humor. "Tasteless" to some, but humor nonetheless.

Do you seriously think that publicizing ways to kill a classmate is a sign of the times and that dreaming up ways to kill a classmate is fun? Kids in school today are a serious threat to each other. School is not the safe place that your parents once sent you off to.

Do you have specific statistical documentation indicating such an increase in danger? If so, what do you attribute this to?

Suspension seems perfectly reasonable to me too. Legal action by the state is not reasonable IMO.

That seems rather odd, considering that this had no connection whatsoever with school affairs. If I was one of them, I'd challenge school administrators for being presumptuous enough to become involved in outside affairs, which is critical because there's a far higher standard involved for criminal prosecution.

Video camera? It was a cartoon. And they're in the fifth grade; they're not being constantly micromanaged like toddlers would be.

At least it wasn't your tongue and a triple dog dare. :eusa_angel:

I do believe that if it wasnt for the increase in school violence that we've seen the past 10 years or so, most of us would scoff at this and say something to the effect of "A little extreme, but they're being typical kids. Disciplinary action by the school and a PUBLIC apology are in order" and that would be the end of it.

Again, what specific "increase in school violence" is being referred to?

After watching excerpts of that video, I'd venture to say that it's probably reasonable to define it as parody and therefore possibly protected speech,

Oh my, how very, very, very generous of you to play God over what is "protected" speech.

All speech is protected after we rip out of the womb and learn to wiggle that tounge.

Let the best words (even ideas, I am not an Ad man) win.

Well, come to think of it, there was this BULLY that live next door to us, on Base, in Puerto Rico....I was 5 years old and my sister was 7 years old and this BULLY constantly picked on my sister and constantly beat up my older sister, who was shy and not as strong and determined as me, at 5....but I was soooo much smaller than this girl of 8 years old, the BULLY that used to push around my older sister...

My mother used to tell me when we went out to play, now you watch out for your sister...even though I was younger...she meant, that I should come home and tell her if someone or this bully was picking on her.

Well, the playground was across the street...this bully came over and started pushing my sister around, so I ran to my OTHER neighbor's house, where Mark and Art lived...mark was my sister's age 7 and Art was my age 5, and got them to come to the playground to help out....when we got back there my sister was on the ground with skinned knees from being pushed by this Bully girl....

Soooooooooooo, I had mark and art as backup and went to the bully and started defending my sister and had mark and art hold on to this bully and i hit her with a stick! :eek: (not a big stick but still!)

:eek:

YES, MOI....me, goodie two shoes me....set up the 'three against one' on to this bully....

And I just thought I was doing what my mom said, Watch out for my sister!!!! hahahahahaha!!!

PS she NEVER picked on my sister again!
:lol: Great story, Care. And this is why I'm undecided on punishment...for all we know this Piper was a bully or this entire thing was just a joke.

Well, holy shit, it seems I'm in the minority in thinking something's wrong with this. All I can say is I have a 6th grade daughter and if this had happened to her I'd want them suspended.

I see lots wrong with this. Filing with the police certainly is where to start. If it was made at school, they should be suspended, but I believe it was made outside of school? School can't suspend the girls, though they can refer them for evaluation.

Oh my, how very, very, very generous of you to play God over what is "protected" speech.

All speech is protected after we rip out of the womb and learn to wiggle that tounge.

Let the best words (even ideas, I am not an Ad man) win.

Don't thank me. Thank the American judicial system. And Larry Flynt and Jerry Falwell, of course.

Well, holy shit, it seems I'm in the minority in thinking something's wrong with this. All I can say is I have a 6th grade daughter and if this had happened to her I'd want them suspended.

I see lots wrong with this. Filing with the police certainly is where to start. If it was made at school, they should be suspended, but I believe it was made outside of school? School can't suspend the girls, though they can refer them for evaluation.

Is that a state ordinance where you live?

I've been punished at school once for something I did outside of school. I guess I have to tell the story now:

I used to smoke a ton of pot in high school. At the end of my sophomore year I skipped the "Senior Honors Assembly" with a buddy, to go toke on a bong. We were stupid enough to go back to school without putting cologne on. Sure enough we got busted, and suspended for the first semester of the next year.

Being the typical teenager, that wasnt much of a deterrent for me. While suspended I was at a party that sure enough got busted by the mother of the kid throwing it. Sure enough, parents were called as well as the High School, which in turn made it to the "Safety School" (God that makes it sound like I liked to play with fire or something). I then had to deal with a shit-load of disclipinary BS, and was even forced to sign an agreement stating that any reported infraction of "rules of the home" by my mother would result in AT LEAST another semesters suspension.

Just curious.

I used to smoke a ton of pot in high school. At the end of my sophomore year I skipped the "Senior Honors Assembly" with a buddy, to go toke on a bong. We were stupid enough to go back to school without putting cologne on. Sure enough we got busted, and suspended for the first semester of the next year.

You could legally be suspended inasmuch as you returned to school while under the influence. It's possible that you could have been suspended even if you hadn't, since you were *supposed* to be in school.

Being the typical teenager, that wasnt much of a deterrent for me. While suspended I was at a party that sure enough got busted by the mother of the kid throwing it. Sure enough, parents were called as well as the High School, which in turn made it to the "Safety School" (God that makes it sound like I liked to play with fire or something). I then had to deal with a shit-load of disclipinary BS, and was even forced to sign an agreement stating that any reported infraction of "rules of the home" by my mother would result in AT LEAST another semesters suspension.

I suspect that that was probably not legal. Schools and their administrators act in loco parentis (in the place of the parent), to a significant extent while you are in their custodial "care," but such action on their part probably would not have held up had it been subject to judicial review, inasmuch as that outside activity was not directly related to school. That said, if this was done during school hours, this may have again been legally punished by them, since you were *supposed* to be in their custodial care.

I've been punished at school once for something I did outside of school. I guess I have to tell the story now:

Just curious.

You were AT school, left, and returned. The school acted in position of what I believe is called locus parentis.

In this case or others where kids are texting, messing with facebook, etc., school can't act in that capacity, but the parents can be held responsible. If through actions, the school can act to protect others from dangers of bullies, etc. But, they have to have more than just an incident, thus the reason to file charges. The school may be able to get a psych evaluation on the kids that did that.

Just curious.

You were AT school, left, and returned. The school acted in position of what I believe is called locus parentis.

In this case or others where kids are texting, messing with facebook, etc., school can't act in that capacity, but the parents can be held responsible. If through actions, the school can act to protect others from dangers of bullies, etc. But, they have to have more than just an incident, thus the reason to file charges. The school may be able to get a psych evaluation on the kids that did that.

I think you're missing the point. Of course I can see why I was suspended for leaving school, then coming back stoned. I had that coming.

However, I dont see how I was punished by the school for being at a party on a weekend.

Forum List

Back