6 grade girls post a death cartoon video of a classmate on youtube

I think the girls need their asses kicked by their parents to be honest.

It was a nasty hateful thing they did and they knew it would hurt that kid's feelings.

I would be ashamed of my child if he and his chums set out to hurt someone's feelings like that.

This is a female dogpile, folks.

That isn't obvious?

Freedom of speech?

No, that's freedom to be cruel to children, folks, if the PARENTS (not society, not a judge, not a shrink) don't take them to task for their cruel nature.

I think the girls need their asses kicked by their parents to be honest.

It was a nasty hateful thing they did and they knew it would hurt that kid's feelings.

I would be ashamed of my child if he and his chums set out to hurt someone's feelings like that.

This is a female dogpile, folks.

That isn't obvious?

Freedom of speech?

No, that's freedom to be cruel to children, folks, if the PARENTS (not society, not a judge, not a shrink) don't take them to task for their cruel nature.

Absolutely a job for the parents.

This kind of stuff has always gone on and always will. They're kids and kids can be cruel.

how many of you have kids this age or have been thru this age?
Mine have been this age and would have been in serious shit if they pulled a stunt like this...of course, I don't know all the details and there is a slim possibility that they were actually joking around...hard to tell from the news reports.

i would vote for civil damages in a heartbeat....piper could probably use a counselor to discuss her she feels for years....plus the attitude of the other parents amazes me.....calling and saying your sorry....are they too damn sorry to drive their brat over and make her sincerely apologize in person?

someone needs their asses kicked...period...

Mine have been this age and would have been in serious shit if they pulled a stunt like this...of course, I don't know all the details and there is a slim possibility that they were actually joking around...hard to tell from the news reports.

What would their punishment have been?

i would have go off....such a waste of talent...such meanness and lack of compassion for another person.....they need to be expelled..school interfer all the time in stuff that happens off campus why not this?

had my son done this....i would have driven him to each girls home and made him apologize to her and to her parents. he would be grounded for the summer...i would also want him to spend time in public with each girl ...so he would get to know the person he did this too....(man i fucking rule by guilt)...and i would go for the school expelling him and him going to summer school. he would also have down a video about being a thoughtless person to another human....o hell....you are takling to a woman who left her son, called his father ..said ..".here's where your son is...if you care to go get him"

i am a firm believer you let kids be assholes and they will do it well. what happening to learning compassion?

Suspension and expulsion are not the correct answer imo.

All that does is put them on the streets so to speak with less to do and less supervision. If you want to punish them I think you should give them community service like cleaning up garbage, and make sure they know why they're there. I would immediately move my kid to private school and sue the families of the other girls and make them pay for it.

i would vote for civil damages in a heartbeat....piper could probably use a counselor to discuss her she feels for years....plus the attitude of the other parents amazes me.....calling and saying your sorry....are they too damn sorry to drive their brat over and make her sincerely apologize in person?

someone needs their asses kicked...period...

Of course, there is always another side to the story. I wonder what Piper did to piss these girls off? Maybe it was just kids pouncing on the popular kid or the kid that got the best boyfriend but maybe, maybe Piper isn't squeaky clean. We just don't have the facts.

In any case, I can't imagine that an animated skit can be seen as a genuine threat. It looks like some little girls used poor judgement, being that they are little girls. No one got hurt, exceopt some feelings and if we're going to start awarding damages for that, I'm getting in line.

The larger issue here seems to be largely ignored, as many people ignored Frederick v. Morse last year. In THIS case, people will support the school reaching out into what kids do at home. Many seem to forget that once you crack the door open for this, they will continue to reach into your home. These questions aren't set in terms of what the reason is, but just whether or not the school has the right to reach beyond it's physical borders. Like I said before, you WILL see the school reaching for something YOU don't agree with, sooner or later, on account of this. My first guess is that we will see a religious issue raise it's head. Then, the same crowd that is all for the school having this authority, will want to roll back this authority.

Last edited:
While part of me can see the seriousness in this, another part doesnt.

I think that if most of us thought back to when we we're around that age, we'll remember that that age group, both male and female, can be just downright mean.

Wholeheartedly agree!

While part of me can see the seriousness in this, another part doesnt.

I think that if most of us thought back to when we we're around that age, we'll remember that that age group, both male and female, can be just downright mean.

Wholeheartedly agree!

I don't think anyone would disagree. It's what the response should be that is dividing opinion.

Personally, I believe the five young women should have been court ordered to the confinement of a juvenile detention center for the remainder of the school term including the summer. It would be the parents of the perpetrators responsibility to act as liaisons for all school assignments for the remainder of that term. During the summer, complete a ten page research paper on threatening behavior or any other topic relating to the offense. One copy to keep and one to be submitted to a judge. Then, a three page handwritten apology to the victim. One copy to keep, one copy to the judge, and one for the victim. (All documents handwritten.)

The five offending young women are too old for people to be taking this lightly.

What psychological effects may this have on someone who does not feel they can depend on the judicial system?

Furthermore, what psychological effects will this have on someone who feels the judicial system will not hold them responsible for their criminal actions?

Last edited:

Personally, I believe the five young women should have been court ordered to the confinement of a juvenile detention center for the remainder of the school term including the summer. It would be the parents of the perpetrators responsibility to act as liaisons for all school assignments for the remainder of that term. During the summer, complete a ten page research paper on threatening behavior or any other topic relating to the offense. One copy to keep and one to be submitted to a judge. Then, a three page handwritten apology to the victim. One copy to keep, one copy to the judge, and one for the victim. (All documents handwritten.)

The five offending young women are too old for people to be taking this lightly.

What psychological effects may this have on someone who does not feel they can depend on the judicial system?

Furthermore, what psychological effects will this have on someone who feels the judicial system will not hold them responsible for their criminal actions?

I'd say the extreme has been covered.

Or maybe the death penalty will be suggested.

Saw worse when I was that age. *yawn* This is nothing compared to what bullies have done in the past. If they can vent by making cartoons instead of almost drowning kids in the local swamp, beating the hell out of them in the playground, or putting M-80's in their lockers .... let em.

No dessert for a week? :lol:

I don't know...I've never run into that situation with my kids. I, with a group of my friends in third grade, was horrendously verbally cruel to a classmate and we were caught by the nuns and ratted out to our parents. I can't remember the punishment but I do remember being so ashamed of myself that it still makes me squirm.

I'd really need to know more of the story to make a judgment.

OK, I saw the video. I laughed. Can't help it, these girls made a funny video. Saw the girl Piper and her mom. Looks like they are reaching for their 15 minutes.

These girls probably got the idea from South Park or any other number of cartoons, soap operas, movies, books, etc. Maybe they are reading Edgar Allen Poe for class. In any case, this was a very creative video. They have a future in comedy animation.

When I was in 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade there was a fist fight every single day.

I don't mean once in a while. I mean every single day, and occasionally it was between two girls.

Back when I was a kid (a couple years before the first Roosevelt Administration), everything was settled with a fist fight.

Kids "duked it out" and then shook hands. The winner got the goods, and the loser was looked at with a bit more respect, believe it or not, for putting up a good fight.

Kicking was out of the question (whether up or down), and nobody wanted to kill anyone.

We just hit each other until someone gave up. I can still remember my first uppercut (given and received). Both were the last punch thrown.

I remember one time I hit a kid with all my weight and strength, and he didn't duck. He went straight to the ground. Then he got up, staggered, and wanted to keep fighting.

I got scared. I didn't want to hurt him worse (or him hurt me). That was weird.

This situation is absurd.

If, as a kid, I'd been one of the offenders, my mother would have made my life miserable for an indeterminable period of time. (The thought of it makes me shudder to this day!) Back then, parents were embarrassed, not to mention pissed off, by reprehensible behavior on the part of their children. Counseling?... that would have been hours weeding the flower beds, doing the family ironing, and cleaning anything that didn't move... after I got my butt busted. My civil rights, Constitution or not, were only what my parents told me they were. Yep, it was tough growing up in my house.

On the other hand, if I'd been on the receiving end of the fiasco, my parents would have personally paid a visit to the parents of the "salacious six" and had their say. Bringing the law into it would not have been necessary or desireable. Somehow they would have acheived justice and I would not have lived in fear.

My "babies" are now 45 and 41 years old but, were this situation to have occured with them at that age, I'd do the same as my parents. And, from what I can tell, our brand of family litigation has been passed on to my grandchildren.

(God I'm glad my kids are grown!) I think it's tougher raising kids today.

Last edited:
It's a wonder we all made it to adulthood. Think back.. We did much worse... And in 5th and 6th grade, did we really have an intimate knowledge of the word "kill"? No.. To us, it was just another word. If someone found Piper tied up under a porch, there would likely be some serious explaining to do...

That said.. How do a bunch of small children get ahold of a video camera long enough to make a video, and actually figure out how to get it loaded to YouTube without some adult somewhere having a clue?

New Topics

Forum List

Back