6 grade girls post a death cartoon video of a classmate on youtube

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by G.G, May 26, 2009.

1. G.G

G.G Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Something is wrong when girls feel it is okay to post a video called "Top 6 ways to kill Piper" which include shooting her, making her commit suicide, poisoning and pushing her off a cliff.

Some are arguing on the side of the girls who posted the video saying it is freedom of speech.

The sheriff said he will not charge the girls because they did not act with hate and malice.

What I want to know is how does Piper continue to go to that school and still feel safe?

Do you think these girls need counseling considering the best way they know how to deal with their anger and feelings is having thoughts of killing another human being? What if one of these girls follows through on these types of feeling in later years; will someone have dropped the ball today in not dealing with the situation and teaching the girls better way to handle conflicts?

2. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    While part of me can see the seriousness in this, another part doesnt.

I think that if most of us thought back to when we we're around that age, we'll remember that that age group, both male and female, can be just downright mean.

3. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,670
    i guess i agree....everything is publicized now....i remember back in those days the "geeks" not only being threatened by the "tough" guys, but sometimes downright frightened to return to school the next day....but back then the teachers handled these things,some quite well.....now they get sued just for giving a kid a hug...

4. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Hell, I made cartoons back in the day of having a giant monster kill my teacher who gave me a D on my math test. No one ever thunk twice about it or questioned me when she all of a sudden "disappeared." :eusa_whistle:

5. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Excatly.

Now that I think about it I wonder if I was 10 nowadays, whether I would need to see a shrink cause of all the crickets I tried to make astronauts out of with bottle rockets.

Or all the little green army men that met their demise with a blowtorch and blackcats.

Its just a friggin sign of the times. Its just now the whole world can see what you're doing, so of course that one person whos no fun pitches a bitch.

6. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    There's the self-indictment. How can they post something called Six ways to kill someone without acting with hate?

7. tigerbob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Well, holy shit, it seems I'm in the minority in thinking something's wrong with this. All I can say is I have a 6th grade daughter and if this had happened to her I'd want them suspended.

8. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,783
    If it's done in jest.

9. tigerbob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Nah. Though that would be without malice, I agree.

10. G.G

G.G Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Do you seriously think that publicizing ways to kill a classmate is a sign of the times and that dreaming up ways to kill a classmate is fun? Kids in school today are a serious threat to each other. School is not the safe place that your parents once sent you off to.