6 grade girls post a death cartoon video of a classmate on youtube

G.G

Mar 13, 2009
A Pierce County mother says she's horrified by a cartoon video - posted online - that showed several ways to kill her sixth grade daughter. The cartoon was made off school grounds by some of her daughter's classmates, girls aged 11 and 12. Titled "Top Six Ways to Kill Piper," it includes depictions of girls shooting her, making her commit suicide, poisoning her and even pushing her off a cliff.

Beth Smith tells KING5-TV the cartoon was set to a Hannah Montana song called "True Friend" and posted on YouTube. Her daughter Piper attends Elk Plain School of Choice in Spanaway, Wash., as do the girls who made the video. The little girl says it hurt her feelings. Because of privacy rules, the Bethel School District says it can't say how the girls were disciplined. But district spokeswoman Krista Carlson tells KING the students involved "have expressed their remorse about this incident." A report was also filed with the sheriff's department.

YouTube - Top Six Ways To Kill Piper (Newsclip)

Something is wrong when girls feel it is okay to post a video called "Top 6 ways to kill Piper" which include shooting her, making her commit suicide, poisoning and pushing her off a cliff.

Some are arguing on the side of the girls who posted the video saying it is freedom of speech.

The sheriff said he will not charge the girls because they did not act with hate and malice.

What I want to know is how does Piper continue to go to that school and still feel safe?

Do you think these girls need counseling considering the best way they know how to deal with their anger and feelings is having thoughts of killing another human being? What if one of these girls follows through on these types of feeling in later years; will someone have dropped the ball today in not dealing with the situation and teaching the girls better way to handle conflicts?

While part of me can see the seriousness in this, another part doesnt.

I think that if most of us thought back to when we we're around that age, we'll remember that that age group, both male and female, can be just downright mean.

While part of me can see the seriousness in this, another part doesnt.

I think that if most of us thought back to when we we're around that age, we'll remember that that age group, both male and female, can be just downright mean.

i guess i agree....everything is publicized now....i remember back in those days the "geeks" not only being threatened by the "tough" guys, but sometimes downright frightened to return to school the next day....but back then the teachers handled these things,some quite well.....now they get sued just for giving a kid a hug...

Hell, I made cartoons back in the day of having a giant monster kill my teacher who gave me a D on my math test. No one ever thunk twice about it or questioned me when she all of a sudden "disappeared." :eusa_whistle:

Hell, I made cartoons back in the day of having a giant monster kill my teacher who gave me a D on my math test. No one ever thunk twice about it or questioned me when she all of a sudden "disappeared." :eusa_whistle:

Excatly.

Now that I think about it I wonder if I was 10 nowadays, whether I would need to see a shrink cause of all the crickets I tried to make astronauts out of with bottle rockets.

Or all the little green army men that met their demise with a blowtorch and blackcats.

Its just a friggin sign of the times. Its just now the whole world can see what you're doing, so of course that one person whos no fun pitches a bitch.

A Pierce County mother says she's horrified by a cartoon video - posted online - that showed several ways to kill her sixth grade daughter. The cartoon was made off school grounds by some of her daughter's classmates, girls aged 11 and 12. Titled "Top Six Ways to Kill Piper," it includes depictions of girls shooting her, making her commit suicide, poisoning her and even pushing her off a cliff.

Beth Smith tells KING5-TV the cartoon was set to a Hannah Montana song called "True Friend" and posted on YouTube. Her daughter Piper attends Elk Plain School of Choice in Spanaway, Wash., as do the girls who made the video. The little girl says it hurt her feelings. Because of privacy rules, the Bethel School District says it can't say how the girls were disciplined. But district spokeswoman Krista Carlson tells KING the students involved "have expressed their remorse about this incident." A report was also filed with the sheriff's department.

YouTube - Top Six Ways To Kill Piper (Newsclip)

Something is wrong when girls feel it is okay to post a video called "Top 6 ways to kill Piper" which include shooting her, making her commit suicide, poisoning and pushing her off a cliff.

Some are arguing on the side of the girls who posted the video saying it is freedom of speech.

The sheriff said he will not charge the girls because they did not act with hate and malice.

What I want to know is how does Piper continue to go to that school and still feel safe?

Do you think these girls need counseling considering the best way they know how to deal with their anger and feelings is having thoughts of killing another human being? What if one of these girls follows through on these types of feeling in later years; will someone have dropped the ball today in not dealing with the situation and teaching the girls better way to handle conflicts?

There's the self-indictment. How can they post something called Six ways to kill someone without acting with hate?

Well, holy shit, it seems I'm in the minority in thinking something's wrong with this. All I can say is I have a 6th grade daughter and if this had happened to her I'd want them suspended.

Its just a friggin sign of the times. Its just now the whole world can see what you're doing, so of course that one person whos no fun pitches a bitch.

Do you seriously think that publicizing ways to kill a classmate is a sign of the times and that dreaming up ways to kill a classmate is fun? Kids in school today are a serious threat to each other. School is not the safe place that your parents once sent you off to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YAGDLwm56s]YouTube - Top Six Ways To Kill Piper (Newsclip)[/ame]

This what happens when it is accepted to lower the standards of society. High standards yield high quality. Low standards yield low quality.

Those who argue in favor of the girls who posted the video are committing the accident fallacy, applying a general rule to a specific case.

When it comes to law, I thought intent is irrelevant. Maybe some of parents of the posting daughters are important. My question is who are those daughters and who are their parents?

That is where the law was broken. Anytime someone (6 girls) is the sole reason for causing an individual to question his or her general safety, the law is broken.

It is the obligation of the parents to set high standards for their children. If one of the girls actually follow through with the act was not a possibility, then it is now. Hindsight is not a good guest in situations like this.

When I was in like 5th grade I wrote an illustrated short story where Jason, Freddy, Chucky, etc. came to our school and shredded up my classmates. It was a hoot. I got an A on it.

I think that this could in fact fall into the category of threats. And, I don't think a suspension for the girls involved would be out of line.

Do you seriously think that publicizing ways to kill a classmate is a sign of the times and that dreaming up ways to kill a classmate is fun? Kids in school today are a serious threat to each other. School is not the safe place that your parents once sent you off to.

sure as hell is,, if you're a lefty you can wish for kidney failure,, and death on yer classmate! no problem where's yer sense of humor!??? :lol::lol:

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

The Supreme Court blew Frederick v. Morse last year. The School now not only has the power to regulate speech at school, it can reach out into the public and regulate speech.

Suspension seems perfectly reasonable to me too. Legal action by the state is not reasonable IMO. But if the family of the victim wants to sue the families of the offenders, I don't have a problem with that either. I'm not sure they'd get my vote if I were on the jury, but that is another point entirely.

as a parent of either one...the one threatened or the ones doing the video i would take it very seriously....kids are killing kids...would you like some depressing urls to prove that....

now for those who dont think this is a threat...lets back up the mother fucking short bus and define a legal threat....

in nc if you think the person is capable of carrying out the threat then its is a threat and they can be arrest:

1. they are capable of shooting her

2. they are capable of poisioning her

3. they could push her down steps etc

4. there has already been one young girl pushed to suicide by on line bullshitfuck me but why dont you look at the way adults act on here and then you think an 11 yr old should have the maturity to shake it off?

and i forgot the other two methods..the young women making the video should be expelled for the year ..and forced to go to summer school to keep up with their class...i would also demand a ro keeping each girl 50 yards away and i sure the hell would not put piper in any classes with these girls.

Suspension seems perfectly reasonable to me too. Legal action by the state is not reasonable IMO. But if the family of the victim wants to sue the families of the offenders, I don't have a problem with that either. I'm not sure they'd get my vote if I were on the jury, but that is another point entirely.

Aside from the fact that I would see this as nothing to get all upset about, I'd much rather see the authorities handle any complaint or punishment rather than the school. Didn't happen in school. They did it at home. It's a bad example to be setting. They'll reach into your home and punish the way you pray sooner or later.

Forum List

Back