4th of July plans?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK. It's almost here. Cook outs, apple pie, fire works, etc., etc., etc. Who has the best and most interesting plans for the 4th of July?

My wife has to work so when she comes home I'll toss some burgers and brats on the grill. Afterwards we'll go into our little town and watch the fireworks. Maybe when we get home we'll have some fireworks of our own going on! Either that or watch all the news clips about the big T Bag Rally in Washington planned for the 4th. Will be interesting to see who and who does not put it on the news. Obama was a community organizer. Maybe he could lend a hand with the T-Bag Rally. Where's Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton? It's a large crowd and the chance for some air time.:lol:

It's my wife's holiday to work (emergency room). I have no plans.

All the parks here are too crowded now anyway, and the idiotic paranoid freaks banned even umbrellas from them on the fourth, I hate paranoia. So if they cancel the only one I can see from my window I am celebrating in cyberspace.

Going to Seatlle to meet my sister in laws. Fourth of July. We're planning to take a ferry, shop, eat Indian food, visit the rock and roll museum and go out and party.

Last edited:
I plan on spending the evening soothing my dogs while the dipshit neighborhood kids fire off illegal fireworks in the street.

We are suppose to attend the Mall for the Tea Party rally but not sure if we can go now or not. Something came up, but if we cannot go then we will take our boat out on the York River to watch the Fireworks over Yorktown Va.

You may say your prayers for me now. From tomorrow until Monday morning I will have 14 year old girls in and out of the house all day and all night...............

:eek:

You may say your prayers for me now. From tomorrow until Monday morning I will have 14 year old girls in and out of the house all day and all night...............

Odd thing ... I act immature and would probably get along with them as long as they don't "text" the whole time ... of course that's probably why I don't babysit ... responsibility is NOT my middle name :razz:

You brave, crazy woman.

And what will be your drink of choice for the night? And throughout the duration of the girls' visit. And after they leave ...

My weekend starts tomorrow, and I have a week's vacation. Tomorrow I drive 145 miles to pick up my son, his wife and baby, and trade my car for my sister's Expedition. Then we travel approximately 4 hours to the coast where we have rooms for the 3-5 on the beach. Fourth of July is a big thing in Seaside, there will be lots of stuff going on....fireworks, kites, arcades, the promenade which goes right by our motel. We're chartering a boat for my boy and his wife, I'll stay with the kids and maybe they'll catch something wonderful. How I'll cook it in the microwave I don't know, but I'll worry about that when the time arrives.

Come home on the 6th....lots of driving that day, but have to be back here on the 7th because that's when the cable guy is coming and heaven forbid I miss him, who knows when the next time he can come out is....Also I found a new cleaning lady, and SHE'S coming on the 7th as well, I can hardly wait. So I'll put her to work for 3-4 hours, and my house will be cozy and cool and nice.

Then on the 10th I'm off to Corvallis for a wedding (my 5 & 6 year olds with me on all this activity, btw), back on the 12th, work again the 13th.

I'm hoping I get a lot of rest in at the beach...

Odd thing ... I act immature and would probably get along with them as long as they don't "text" the whole time ... of course that's probably why I don't babysit ... responsibility is NOT my middle name :razz:

I thought it was.
It was Ir as your first name that makes it all come together.

You brave, crazy woman.

And what will be your drink of choice for the night? And throughout the duration of the girls' visit. And after they leave ...

I thought I'd just leave for those days and let them have a run of the place, remember, you're only a few hours away from me..................:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back